The Italian Football Thread

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: The Italian Football Thread

Postby Angelito » Fri May 17, 2019 12:31 pm

A glorified sack, I would presume.

Step up, Sir Jose of Mourinho?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BS221B » Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 pm

Angelito wrote:

not a single change. Juventus and Mourinho hates each other, remember Juventus-Manchester United game. Mourinho is an Inter through and through.

Hope Juventus gets Big Weng. Big manager for a big club.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri May 17, 2019 2:28 pm

Wenger wouldn't last half a season at juve
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Fri May 17, 2019 5:55 pm

Wenger won't even be considered and the same applies to any non-Italian speaking manager.

Safe for Deschamps' brief spell in 2006, Juventus haven't hired a foreign manager in nearly 40 years.

Tradition, habits, philosophy, etc.

Only a matter of time before a big club makes a move for GP Gasperini and it could well be Juventus.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Angelito » Fri May 17, 2019 5:56 pm

BS221B wrote:
Angelito wrote:

not a single change. Juventus and Mourinho hates each other, remember Juventus-Manchester United game. Mourinho is an Inter through and through.

Hope Juventus gets Big Weng. Big manager for a big club.

Conte is the bookies favorite to return. Pochettino is also pretty high.

I'd love Wenger at Juve. It'd be a great platform for Wenger to win that elusive UCL. He'd do some wonderful things there.

However, I think Pochettino might be the favorite—especially with this historic UCL Final.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri May 17, 2019 10:57 pm

If Mourinho comes in Juve may as well appoint Ronaldo as player-manager
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Sat May 18, 2019 2:35 am

Zenith wrote:Wenger won't even be considered and the same applies to any non-Italian speaking manager.

Safe for Deschamps' brief spell in 2006, Juventus haven't hired a foreign manager in nearly 40 years.

Tradition, habits, philosophy, etc.

Only a matter of time before a big club makes a move for GP Gasperini and it could well be Juventus.

Sarri is among those shortlisted too.

Wenger would be good for the Barca job, but due to his age, I doubt Barca would go for him, or if Wenger would want to return to management.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Sat May 18, 2019 2:47 am

↑ If it's true Abramovic is planning to fire Sarri, it's a scenario that shouldn't be discounted. Especially considering Sarri is still very highly regarded in his home country.

Roman's plans may, or may not depend on whether Chelsea win the Europa League; I wouldn't be entirely surprised if, after winning the EL, he fired Sarri regardless.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Sat May 18, 2019 10:53 am

Zenith wrote:↑ If it's true Abramovic is planning to fire Sarri, it's a scenario that shouldn't be discounted. Especially considering Sarri is still very highly regarded in his home country.

Roman's plans may, or may not depend on whether Chelsea win the Europa League; I wouldn't be entirely surprised if, after winning the EL, he fired Sarri regardless.

Yeah. Sarri's stock is still high in Italy and he's a class manager. He's just at the wrong club at Chelsea.

While Conte is the favorite, I'm still skeptical if he would return to Juve. They want the UCL now. And, Conte hasn't exactly set the UCL on fire.

It's rumored that Juve decided to chose Dybala over Allgeri as Allegri wanted to sell him. That's one of the reasons why last season was considered a "failure" for Juve. Allegri simply couldn't find a way for both Dybala and Ronaldo to excel together.

The only way I see it working is in a 4-3-3 false 9 system, or a 4-2-3-1.

Regardless, do you think Juve will break convention and hire a foreigner this time?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Mon May 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:↑ If it's true Abramovic is planning to fire Sarri, it's a scenario that shouldn't be discounted. Especially considering Sarri is still very highly regarded in his home country.

Yeah. Sarri's stock is still high in Italy and he's a class manager. He's just at the wrong club at Chelsea.

While Conte is the favorite, I'm still skeptical if he would return to Juve. They want the UCL now. And, Conte hasn't exactly set the UCL on fire.

It's rumored that Juve decided to chose Dybala over Allgeri as Allegri wanted to sell him. That's one of the reasons why last season was considered a "failure" for Juve. Allegri simply couldn't find a way for both Dybala and Ronaldo to excel together.

The only way I see it working is in a 4-3-3 false 9 system, or a 4-2-3-1.

Regardless, do you think Juve will break convention and hire a foreigner this time?

Having given it some more thought, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the new manager was indeed a non-Italian.

Difficult to tell whether it will be a foreigner who's familiar with Italian football/language or whether they will go for someone who is completely alien to both of these, what always were considered to be, 'key aspects'.

It's worth noting that their last three foreign managers, Deschamps (2006-07), Cestmir Vycpalek (1971-74) and Luis Carniglia (1969-70) were all familiar with the Serie A and the Italian language, whether through playing experience, managerial experience - or both.

You can bet that, even though the current squad consists out of mostly foreign players, the primary dressing room language under Allegri and Conte was Italian. Then there's the old Italian guard of Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, etc that's slowly coming to its conclusion. If there was ever a time for a more globalised approach, altering the dressing room language to English, it's probably now.

The recent abandoning of their traditional black/white-striped kits, the modernised badge and now the sacking of Allegri are all potential signs of the club taking a fresh start.

Sometimes a club needs to abandon out-dated habits and traditions in order not to stagnate. A foreign manager often means fresh ideas and fresh ideas means the players need to adapt and step out of their comfort zone. This might be what La Vecchia Signora need in order to win their first CL since 1996.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BS221B » Thu May 23, 2019 11:20 am

[Italian Journalism Agency] Guardiola and Juve have reached a 4-year, €24M/yr agreement to be signed on June 4th. Guardiola will be officially presented on June 14th.

He does everything to win another CL, eh.

number 7 vs baldiola showdown is coming up if its true.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Fri May 31, 2019 11:12 am

Antonio Conte to destroy the very monster he created.

Wish he was at Arsenal. :(
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:09 am

Mourinho has to go to Juve for the ultimate drama season.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Angelito » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:00 am

^ Sarriball about to be unleashed at Juve ffs.

Watch Ramsey have a world class season now. :rolleyes:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:00 pm

Conte at Inter with Sarri at Juve is gonna be amazing to witness
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to World Football