The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby gooney » Thu May 09, 2019 11:43 pm

He is acting like we want to keep hom and ge is a vital player? The club would love to part with him this summer. But no one will touch his wages. I hope micky plays in the final instead
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Fri May 10, 2019 12:06 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Rockape » Fri May 10, 2019 6:36 am

Must admit I feel obliged to comment on this thread after his performance last night.

It wasn’t because he struggled to get on the ball and do anything of note, it was his lack of energy throughout. I was actually shocked to see him pass the ball inside and rather than drive forward into the empty space in front of him for the return, he just stood and watched. It was bizarre!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Fri May 10, 2019 12:00 pm

gooney wrote:He is acting like we want to keep hom and ge is a vital player? The club would love to part with him this summer. But no one will touch his wages. I hope micky plays in the final instead

Is he even allowed in the country?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Fri May 10, 2019 12:13 pm

He’s allowed but he’s a massive safety risk
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby swipe right » Fri May 10, 2019 12:27 pm

Ozil plays. Arsenal wins. Do your research.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Fri May 10, 2019 12:37 pm

swipe right wrote:Ozil plays. Arsenal wins. Do your research.

Can you do it for me? What's the percentage? Because obviously it's not every time he plays.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Fri May 10, 2019 12:43 pm

StLGooner wrote:

Can you do it for me? What's the percentage? Because obviously it's not every time he plays.

Sure. But where does one find out such stuff? Any website you could recommend? Thanks in advance.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Fri May 10, 2019 12:55 pm

swipe right wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Sure. But where does one find out such stuff? Any website you could recommend? Thanks in advance.

Naw dawg! You're making the claim, the burden of proof falls on you!! ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Fri May 10, 2019 1:24 pm

Rockape wrote:Must admit I feel obliged to comment on this thread after his performance last night.

It wasn’t because he struggled to get on the ball and do anything of note, it was his lack of energy throughout. I was actually shocked to see him pass the ball inside and rather than drive forward into the empty space in front of him for the return, he just stood and watched. It was bizarre!

It’s like he checked out for this game. I thought Xhaka and Torreira were having poor games but I’ve seen that before where Ozil would drop deep and help receive the ball and be an outlet. There was none of that yesterday. Pressing was half hearted and there was one moment where you saw the huge difference where Aubameyang came sprinting across the other side of the pitch to close down his man and when the ball went over to Ozil’s man it was a real half-hearted attempt to close his man down. Not sure what happened yesterday but the effort wasn’t there.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Losmeister » Fri May 10, 2019 1:35 pm

I mean... he started both legs...we scored 7 and he is not on the scoresheet

was not creative

I did mention that his mates need to look to involve him AS WELL as him looking to get involved....

ima keep rooting/hoping for him to get the ball and do something w/ it...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri May 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Rockape wrote:Must admit I feel obliged to comment on this thread after his performance last night.

It’s like he checked out for this game. I thought Xhaka and Torreira were having poor games but I’ve seen that before where Ozil would drop deep and help receive the ball and be an outlet. There was none of that yesterday. Pressing was half hearted and there was one moment where you saw the huge difference where Aubameyang came sprinting across the other side of the pitch to close down his man and when the ball went over to Ozil’s man it was a real half-hearted attempt to close his man down. Not sure what happened yesterday but the effort wasn’t there.

Indeed. What pissed me off about him yesterday was that he would make a pass up to Auba or Lacazette from perhaps the half line and simply jog a bit but not making any effort to join into the attack. No defending, no pressing, no supporting the forwards as a 10 must...just plain lazy. He has no pride until he is subbed and then HE gets pissed off. The man is a cancer at this point, and no other club wants an overpriced slacker.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:10 pm

You can see in his own face that he knows he's not playing as well as he can.

I hope we can add more quality in the summer, and that he can get his head clear and have next season be the best he's every played.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Fri May 10, 2019 2:27 pm

Apparently he put a big shift in yesterday despite not seeing the ball a lot

Can anyone confirm
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Mess » Fri May 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Losmeister wrote:I mean... he started both legs...we scored 7 and he is not on the scoresheet

was not creative

I did mention that his mates need to look to involve him AS WELL as him looking to get involved....

ima keep rooting/hoping for him to get the ball and do something w/ it...

Some would say: "Well, his pre-pre-pre-pre assist to Xhaka, an 8 yard side pass, is what started the whole series of plays leading to our goal. He really control the tempo"

We all know he's got talent, loads of it, but let's be honest: He's been piss poor this year. I'm not seeing any "incredibly incisive passes that only Ozil can deliver because of his second to none vision".
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club