09/05/19 | Valencia 2-4 Arsenal | Europa League

Re: 09/05/19 | Valencia 2-4 Arsenal | Europa League

Postby indy23 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:22 pm

PEA that's why u pay for top strikers. Good shit.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Thu May 09, 2019 11:26 pm

Aubamayang and Lacazette. 10/10 and 9/10. Brilliant. Best striker perfromance since the glory days of Bergkamp/Henry. Not the same, but brilliant nonetheless.

Just a short run of games like that and opposition teams will be crapping themselves. I really want them to now do this week in week out.. they won't always score that many or even play as well, but with that effort and desire good things happen.

Sokratis was also good tonight, but the rest of the defence, not so much. Needs a LOT of work (new signings).

Chelsea it is - they got lucky to win on pens. We have a shot, but it's going to be tough with our defence.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zedie » Fri May 10, 2019 12:07 am

Gaya had AMN on toast for the whole first half, I was really disappointed in his defensive performance today.

Going the other way he was actually quite good but jesus wept him and kola were missing for large chunks defensively.

Monreal is so done imo. If we play 3atb we need 3 fast CBs and while koscielny is still on the edge of fast, monreal gets exposed every single time when he gets matched against a speedster.

If hes up against a big target man, he struggles to out muscle them too.

It's a real shame that his legs have gone so badly but we really need to be able to turn out 3 actual CBs that are fit or at least 1 genuine LB that can get up and down the line consistently for 90 minutes.

We so badly need a:

Robertson / TAA
Rose / trippier
Walker / mendy

Combo.

We have bellerin, we just need a nailed on starter for the other side that's disciplined and has a Ramsey engine but with pace to burn.

If we do a temp solution at WF and start giving Nelson/ Smith rowe minutes I'd be ok with that, but our no.1 priority has to be

LB
CB
CM
AM/WF

This summer.

Our fortunes hinge on winning the EL to unlock that CL budget and ffs we could have done with mislinstats eye for young talent for this period.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Emeryates » Fri May 10, 2019 12:44 am

Kola for the second goal was shocking
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Rockape » Fri May 10, 2019 6:29 am

Zedie wrote:Gaya had AMN on toast for the whole first half, I was really disappointed in his defensive performance today.

Going the other way he was actually quite good but jesus wept him and kola were missing for large chunks defensively.

Monreal is so done imo. If we play 3atb we need 3 fast CBs and while koscielny is still on the edge of fast, monreal gets exposed every single time when he gets matched against a speedster.

It's a real shame that his legs have gone so badly but we really need to be able to turn out 3 actual CBs that are fit or at least 1 genuine LB that can get up and down the line consistently for 90 minutes.

We so badly need a:

Robertson / TAA
Rose / trippier
Walker / mendy

Combo.

We have bellerin, we just need a nailed on starter for the other side that's disciplined and has a Ramsey engine but with pace to burn.

If we do a temp solution at WF and start giving Nelson/ Smith rowe minutes I'd be ok with that, but our no.1 priority has to be

LB
CB
CM
AM/WF

This summer.

Our fortunes hinge on winning the EL to unlock that CL budget and ffs we could have done with mislinstats eye for young talent for this period.

:clap: I agree with all of that.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Fri May 10, 2019 11:24 am

Come knnnnn
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby jayramfootball » Sat May 11, 2019 10:33 am

Well, if we were told we'd have to win our last game of the season to get ito the Champions League, I think we'd all have taken it.
One game, just wish it wasn;t against Chelsea. Hazard is going to be a big problem for our defence.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Sat May 11, 2019 11:16 am

Zedie wrote:Gaya had AMN on toast for the whole first half, I was really disappointed in his defensive performance today.

We so badly need a:

Robertson / TAA
Rose / trippier
Walker / mendy

Combo.

LB
CB
CM
AM/WF

This summer.

Defence needs improving but I believe a huge chunk of our problems come from the midfield. They don't help to build attacks or protect the midfield. Bypassed so easily when teams attack and I've seen Aubameyang and Lacazette do more to help our defenders.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby EliteKiller » Sat May 11, 2019 11:37 am

Power n Glory wrote:Defence needs improving but I believe a huge chunk of our problems come from the midfield. They don't help to build attacks or protect the midfield. Bypassed so easily when teams attack and I've seen Aubameyang and Lacazette do more to help our defenders.

THIS

Either it's an incredible coincidence that the dozen or so defenders we've had in the last five years have all gone from quality players to utterly useless overnight - or just possibly our pathetic midfield players have consistently failed to support them match after match .... doesn't matter how good a defender you are if you keep getting hopelessly exposed you will be made to look a c*** .... we need better midfield players, just buying more defenders and watching them get destroyed? what's the point ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: 09/05/19 | Valencia vs Arsenal | Europa League

Postby UFGN » Sat May 11, 2019 7:51 pm

gooney wrote:Only english team with lrad wil go out. Once again we go away from home with no game plan. But it takes more than a year for a manager to have a setup right

One min later Auba equalised

And,surprise surprise you had nothing more to say
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun May 26, 2019 7:28 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48367455

Shows what an achievement beating them was imo
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard