Game of Thrones

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby themessiah » Wed May 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Show the spoiler
I know for a fact Daenerys is gonna look like Raggedy Anne in the last two episodes now that Missandei isn't around to braid her hair

Easily this episode is one of the best episode in the last two seasons but the death has been so normalized that Missandei execution was nothing but deadening. Nothing terrify us anymore, nothing makes us surprise anymore, nothing makes us empathize anymore.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed May 08, 2019 5:22 pm

I liked the first 20 minutes or so of this episode but then it goes to hell in a handcart. Possibly the worst episode they've ever made. Dreadful fan service and a series of events that are just complete nonsense
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed May 08, 2019 6:52 pm

It feels to me like they're just rushing to the ending. It seems like so many things have to happen in just two more episodes, so I'm worried about how they squeeze it all in and still make it good.

Are they still making the spin off of this from the time period before? If so, are they already filming?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Wed May 08, 2019 7:45 pm

Regarding my second post, I agree. After posting that I thought back to all the fuckery that Cersei has done across 8 seasons and theres no way that she let's:

Her bro she has wanted dead since birth

Her sworn enemy who is here to take her crown

That enemies massive advantage in the war (dat dragon)

Her sworn enemy's remaining fleet, army and commander

She had all sorts of ballistas on the wall that have been proven to be able to hit a flying target from a mile off with pin point accuracy.

Instead she's like nahh but f**k this chick in particular.

Makes no sense.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Sun May 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Yeah, it was a bit irritating how many things didn’t make sense. The fact that Dany is flying along at high altitude and didn’t see a fleet of boats that not only could see her but hit a dragon with first shot and then hit it again with another shot. How theses heavy steel arrows could be launched with such amazing power they destroyed boats from hundreds of yards away. Of course in reality these giant cross bows could launch these arrows about 50m at best before they tumbled and fell.

And then standing in front of a castle and well in range of these weapons of mass destruction is taking the tactical decisions to ludicrous levels. Hey ho....it’s only a bit of escapism! :lol:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Sun May 12, 2019 9:55 pm

Show is effectively ruined for me, I've lost all immersion with the awful storytelling of the last two episodes. D&D have f***ked it.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Mon May 13, 2019 11:23 am

Show the spoiler
Episode 5 could have been the best GoT episode to date if it weren't for the terrible set up.

Dany's descent into a mad queen makes no sense, but if they set it up better and it did make sense then it could have been an amazing episode.

Except for Jaime, Euron and Cersei. The less said there the better
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jedi » Mon May 13, 2019 1:46 pm

Show the spoiler
Jamie vs Euron was absolutely hilarious to me. Euron went like: "The show is already f***ked so why not kill each other for absolutely no reason lol"

He, a bad ass who soloed the sand snakes ends up losing to Jamie who couldn't even beat shitty soldiers 1v1 after his hand loss.

Also Daenerys can now dodge scorpions and all City defenses with no problem, disregard everything you've seen in the past episode. Drogon is 10x times more powerful than ever before.

I'm also offended by how they killed Varys. Downgraded him from a master of manipulation and deception to a complete blabbering idiot just so they can kill him off, similarly to Littlefinger.

Tyrion is completely ruined as a character as well. He betrayed Varys who risked everything to save him at the end of season 5 only to then betray Daenerys as well when he freed Jamie. What is the point of sacrificing your friend to stay loyal to Danny if you're going to betray her 10 seconds later?

Danny burning civilians for no reason made no sense. Nobody has any f***ing agency and they just perform actions that further the shitty plot.

Can't wait for this dumpster fire of a show to end.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Rockape » Mon May 13, 2019 9:23 pm

Yeah it has all gone off on a bit of a tangent, but it probably quite difficult to write a cataclysmic ending without losing the plot somewhat!

My biggest issue is the flame power of the dragon can now destroy massive stone fortresses with one breath.....bit silly really.

Cersie’s Demise was quite disappointing too.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon May 13, 2019 9:43 pm

Drogon deserved better. Honestly the amount of character assassinations that have happened in the last 2 seasons has been unprecedented, all down to awful writing and development. The reaction from fans is catastrophic, I know the lost ending is divisive but GOT may go down as the worst ending ever after being at one point the biggest show of all time.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon May 13, 2019 11:50 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Drogon deserved better. Honestly the amount of character assassinations that have happened in the last 2 seasons has been unprecedented, all down to awful writing and development. The reaction from fans is catastrophic, I know the lost ending is divisive but GOT may go down as the worst ending ever after being at one point the biggest show of all time.

Agreed

I'm not even fussed that they chose to go down this route, I've always hated Daenerys and her going mad with power and rage has been hinted at for a long time. But the execution and writing is so bad. I think this episode did a great job of showing the horror of war and what a terrifying beast a dragon would be for the common folk. But for this to be the pay off after 8 seasons is pretty lame. The end of last season and the whole of season 8 just feel like fan fiction. It's almost as bad the Star Wars trash we've seen recently. Amazing to look at but no substance
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Mon May 13, 2019 11:59 pm

***SPOILERS****

They're going to lose starwars over this, 100%.

This episode was absolute beef for some parts but as ever, they've f***ked up some key points.

She's f***ing flown the dragon head on from the clouds straight down into a scattered formation of locked and loaded boats and absolutely rinsed them.

I can believe that once she got to see level etc, it would have been harder to maneuver the scorpions but ffs, at least one ship would have had a shot dead on as she flew past.

Wall defences too, it looked like they couldnt really cover underneath them, but ffs it would have only taken one or two cutaways to more clearly demonstrate it.

Hound v mountain was epic imo.

Jamie v euron was just forced and cheesy as f**k although I did laugh with his final line like a goat.

The Jamie + Cersei death scene was f***ing bollocks. She needed to die hard like her weirdo son but no, she goes out to a fade away accompanied by soft cello music ffs. They should have at least let dany burn her arse.

The dany decent into mad queen mode was just dumb. Ok she's lost a lot over these 4 episodes, but at least they could have foreshadowed her madness a bit more than just 2 episodes of her getting pissed off.

Arya somehow escaping multiple points of certain death by simply running like a distraught girl and becoming sole survivor somehow was dunce too.

All in all, I'm left certain now that John will kill off dany, might as well seen how but sincerely, f**k Weiss and the other one, they've butchered what was so close to being an all time goat series.

W****rs.

***SPOILERS****
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 14, 2019 12:09 pm

I know throughout the whole series there were always times when logically things just didn't make sense, similar to things mentioned above. Many movies and shows have that, and you just have to accept that part of the entertainment business sometimes, but this last season, so far just seems over the top with some things that just don't make sense realistically, which to me just makes things seems so forced. I guess the show has to end sometime though so I get it.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue May 14, 2019 5:25 pm

Yes I can see how G.R.R.M had intended that for Dany and I am sure he will do it justice but the writing was awful and setup dire and the obvious scenes they put in to suggest it were not believable. Varys was not making any sense at all these last 2 episodes, neither in action or word.

Jaime was destroyed, "I never cared about the people", his whole character base is that at heart he does, that is why he killed Aerys.

Apparently G.R.RM wanted 13 seasons to fully tell the story and HBO wanted 10 full length seasons, fully financed but no the writers only agreed to do 8 as they had signed to do star wars and we are paying the price.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Emeryates » Mon May 20, 2019 4:57 am

***SPOILERS****

Jesus Christ, that was quite probably the dumbest ending they could have come up with.

I can see this being GRRM's ending, but there was zero attempt at any sort of build up. Dany's mad, deal with it. Sure, there was some foreshadowing, but no real sign of her suddenly deciding BURN EVERYONE!

King Bran is one of the weirdest out of the blue things, made even worse by the, "Why do you think I came back?" Maybe if you'd shown that's why he came back.......

Oh, and Greyworm just being like, "NO WAY WE RELEASE THE TRAITOR. Okay, he can be hand, BUT NO WAY WE RELEASE JON"

Jon being loyal to Dany and then suddenly in one minute with Tyrion, deciding, Imma kill her. Like, it makes sense, but not if you're Jon Snow
***SPOILERS****
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to TV