In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby UFGN » Thu May 02, 2019 7:58 am

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
LMAO wrote:It's not a huge scandal if it's your team doing it.

:rolleyes:

If I understand correctly he leaked information to the press about a confidential National Security Council Meeting where the security services share information with the government

Back in the day he'd be in the Tower of London right about now with only a priest for company

It's hardly a state secret that the British government are considering giving a contract to Huawei if literally the whole of the world knows about it already.

Whoever leaked it was just confirming what everyone already knew.

It doesn't matter even if that was true, and I think its a bit more than previously known information. Its a shocking lack of discipline. You don't leak information from MI6 FFS

Especially not when your government has broken convention by refusing to share information with Corbyn on the false premise that he is untrustworthy
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LMAO » Thu May 02, 2019 7:59 am

Phil71 wrote:I think the fact that we are considering the installation of vast amounts of technological infrastructure that's been manufactured by a Chinese state-controlled organisation is much more of a threat to our national security than some MP or other letting it slip during a bit of tittle tattle.

People in positions of influence should examine the real issue at hand rather than fishing for tiddlers.

Tbf you can assume everything not produced in-house is a national security threat. The majority of American hard/software, British, German, Swedish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indian, etc. likely have some sort of backdoor that governments can access (save for special cases like Apple).

It's all about who you can trust with that info. And you're right, the Chinese government is not one of those entities.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:05 am

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

If I understand correctly he leaked information to the press about a confidential National Security Council Meeting where the security services share information with the government

Back in the day he'd be in the Tower of London right about now with only a priest for company

It's hardly a state secret that the British government are considering giving a contract to Huawei if literally the whole of the world knows about it already.

It doesn't matter even if that was true, and I think its a bit more than previously known information. Its a shocking lack of discipline. You don't leak information from MI6 FFS

Especially not when your government has broken convention by refusing to share information with Corbyn on the false premise that he is untrustworthy

The only thing that wasn't known 100% was that the contract was in fact being awarded to them.

I agree it's not great, but in my opinion whoever did it is acting in the better interests of the country than those who are thinking of allowing the Chinese to potentially infiltrate and control huge areas of UK technology infrastructure.

And there's a big difference between worrying about someone leaking something like this to the press, and exposing state secrets to a known terrorist sympathiser.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Thu May 02, 2019 8:19 am

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

The only thing that wasn't known 100% was that the contract was in fact being awarded to them.

I agree it's not great, but in my opinion whoever did it is acting in the better interests of the country than those who are thinking of allowing the Chinese to potentially infiltrate and control huge areas of UK technology infrastructure.

And there's a big difference between worrying about someone leaking something like this to the press, and exposing state secrets to a known terrorist sympathiser.

If he's a terrorist sympathiser then so are Blair and Major

They met with IRA represenatives just the same

Stop swallowing the party line
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:26 am

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

They met with them in an official government capacity to try to resolve the situation. Corbyn met with them as fellow Marxist revolutionaries to offer sympathy for their 'struggle' during the height of their terrorist campaign. I'm sure you can see the difference.

And don't forget his similarly treacherous meetings with Hamas and Hezbollah - which were also purely done through his sympathy for their 'cause'.

The man is not British in any way, shape or form. He's a global Marxist.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Thu May 02, 2019 9:29 am

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

They met with them in an official government capacity to try to resolve the situation. Corbyn met with them as fellow Marxist revolutionaries to offer sympathy for their 'struggle' during the height of their terrorist campaign. I'm sure you can see the difference.

And don't forget his similarly treacherous meetings with Hamas and Hezbollah - which were also purely done through his sympathy for their 'cause'.

The man is not British in any way, shape or form. He's a global Marxist.

Theres no evidence whatsoever that he discussed anything with them except issues relating to brokering peace

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:17 am

So 'the baby' was born at about 05:30 yesterday morning, but the royal PR machine waited until 14:30 to announce it.

Am I being cynical to think they were waiting for the American early morning news to start?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Tue May 07, 2019 8:14 am

Phil71 wrote:So 'the baby' was born at about 05:30 yesterday morning, but the royal PR machine waited until 14:30 to announce it.

Am I being cynical to think they were waiting for the American early morning news to start?

Most prob, another scrounger to feed. :(
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue May 07, 2019 4:32 pm

Phil71 wrote:So 'the baby' was born at about 05:30 yesterday morning, but the royal PR machine waited until 14:30 to announce it.

Probably correct actually. Wouldn't put it past the resident yank insisting on it.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue May 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

Probably correct actually. Wouldn't put it past the resident yank insisting on it.

You're suggesting the royal family kowtowed to Donald Trump of all people?

Lool that would be so embarrassing, imagine that.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 07, 2019 4:55 pm

How quickly do they normally announce it after birth?

Also, possibly could have been complications or certain test needed to be done and they wanted to make sure it was fully healthy before they announced it? Never know. :dontknow:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Tue May 07, 2019 5:06 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Think he meant the mom.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue May 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

ur just mad we've infiltrated your ranks. The once-colonized get the ultimate revenge

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:25 pm

LMAO wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

ur just mad we've infiltrated your ranks. The once-colonized get the ultimate revenge

Minor royals.

In 10 years time they’ll be divorced and unheard of.

If she plays up they’ll bump her off.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue May 07, 2019 5:50 pm

LMAO wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Think he meant the mom.

If the stories in the papers are to be believed......
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee