The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 05, 2019 6:12 pm

Dejan wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Dejan wrote:Time to go

Bye

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Outright disgusting when your Don and his favorite cost us the match.
Exactly. We need money to replace those assholes

Bye mesut. Its been fun

:rofll:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby HalHartley » Sun May 05, 2019 7:10 pm

He is not getting the players to work with and won't due to our lack of success and board giving the manger proper money. In a ideal world it would be best to get rid of him as he is not benefiting from the team and the team are not benefiting for him and we could get some decent money for him to invest but he is not going anywhere on the stupid contract given to him
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Godlop » Sun May 05, 2019 7:20 pm

HalHartley wrote:He is not getting the players to work with and won't due to our lack of success and board giving the manger proper money. In a ideal world it would be best to get rid of him as he is not benefiting from the team and the team are not benefiting for him and we could get some decent money for him to invest but he is not going anywhere on the stupid contract given to him

2015 wants his Özil excuses back.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Mon May 06, 2019 12:01 am

Back to games where he's as much use as a chocolate teapot ... he's so much better than today's performance, face it he's just a lazy c*** ... I've been warming to him over the last few weeks as the effort went in, however he just can't be bothered to do it every game ... and that 'world class' or not will never be good enough.

Watch the lap of honour, this c*** never leaves the centre circle ... for f**k's sake get this money grabbing c*** out of our club ... enough is enough
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby looper007 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:56 am

"Hero.Icon.Legend" puke. How mighty Arsenal have fallen. most overrated player to ever grace Arsenal football club. Just don't get what the fan's see in him, happily sell him off during the summer.
looper007
Michael Thomas

Postby Losmeister » Mon May 06, 2019 2:37 pm

whats disgusting is the twinkie filling mesut has in lieu of a spine
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Mon May 06, 2019 4:35 pm

Lest we forget:

Regarding this thread and Mesut Ozil in general, the Mod team has discussed on the exceeding amount of trolling, instigating, abusing, and negativity surrounding Ozil and the thread.

That is why - on behalf of the Mod team - I'd like to issue a warning to members who have been leaders in instigating these negative discussions with the sheer intention of contributing to enhancing the toxicity and sheer hatred against Ozil.

Posts beyond constructive and objective criticism of Mesut Ozil shall be deleted and the guilty party will receive an official warning - and/or be possibly banned depending on the severity of the action. The judgment lies with the Mod team.

This doesn't simply apply to Ozil haters but also Ozil sympathizers. I know it has been difficult reading through this thread, and we've all lost our heads, but better heads must prevail - so either way, abusive posts against those who constructively critique Ozil's performance shall also be warned and those posts will be deleted.

Mesut Ozil - like any other Arsenal player - is a Gunner. At the end of the day, he is one of us. Criticism should be warranted and objective. Such discussions are welcomed here and appreciated by everyone as long as they're rational and logical.

This is a warning to trolls and to those who contribute to the toxicity. I don't want to name names. You know who you are. That said, this is also a warning to those who support Ozil blindly.

The aim is to be rational and neutral - and engage in an insightful and stimulating discussion.

I hope we can all adhere to this.

Thank you,

On behalf of the Mod team.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BrunelGooner » Mon May 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Angelito wrote:Lest we forget:

Regarding this thread and Mesut Ozil in general, the Mod team has discussed on the exceeding amount of trolling, instigating, abusing, and negativity surrounding Ozil and the thread.

That is why - on behalf of the Mod team - I'd like to issue a warning to members who have been leaders in instigating these negative discussions with the sheer intention of contributing to enhancing the toxicity and sheer hatred against Ozil.

Posts beyond constructive and objective criticism of Mesut Ozil shall be deleted and the guilty party will receive an official warning - and/or be possibly banned depending on the severity of the action. The judgment lies with the Mod team.

This doesn't simply apply to Ozil haters but also Ozil sympathizers. I know it has been difficult reading through this thread, and we've all lost our heads, but better heads must prevail - so either way, abusive posts against those who constructively critique Ozil's performance shall also be warned and those posts will be deleted.

Mesut Ozil - like any other Arsenal player - is a Gunner. At the end of the day, he is one of us. Criticism should be warranted and objective. Such discussions are welcomed here and appreciated by everyone as long as they're rational and logical.

This is a warning to trolls and to those who contribute to the toxicity. I don't want to name names. You know who you are. That said, this is also a warning to those who support Ozil blindly.

The aim is to be rational and neutral - and engage in an insightful and stimulating discussion.

Thank you,

It's a shame you don't apply this same consistency when it comes to criticism of Emery. Like that time when you said his biggest achievement in his career was getting beaten 6-1 by Barcelona.

Either be consistent with how you choose to apply these rules or don't do it at all. You can't be selective when it suits you, which is what you have been doing far too often.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Angelito » Mon May 06, 2019 5:52 pm

BrunelGooner wrote:

Thank you,

It's a shame you don't apply this same consistency when it comes to criticism of Emery. Like that time when you said his biggest achievement in his career was getting beaten 6-1 by Barcelona.

Either be consistent with how you choose to apply these rules or don't do it at all. You can't be selective when it suits you, which is what you have been doing far too often.

Thank you for letting me know that I've called Unai Emery a c***, "the most overrated player in Arsenal's history," a twinkie, and a money-grabbing c*** who's stealing a living here.

Yep. I should not be more selective. How dare one criticize Unai Emery's biggest UCL moment when all of us could simply abuse a member of Arsenal using obscene lingos, innuendos, and accusing him—the de facto CEO of Arsenal, apparently—of paying himself an astronomical sum in wages.

I'm on the case. Thank you for your intelligent observation.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Mon May 06, 2019 5:54 pm

You can't be serious.

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Mon May 06, 2019 6:04 pm

Dejan wrote:You can't be serious.

it's entirely serious. it's marrow deep love.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby BrunelGooner » Mon May 06, 2019 6:04 pm

Angelito wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:

Thank you,

Thank you for letting me know that I've called Unai Emery a c***, "the most overrated player in Arsenal's history," a twinkie, and a money-grabbing c*** who's stealing a living here.

Yep. I should not be more selective. How dare one criticize Unai Emery's biggest UCL moment when all of us could simply abuse a member of Arsenal using obscene lingos, innuendos, and accusing him—the de facto CEO of Arsenal, apparently—of paying himself an astronomical sum in wages.

What a disingenuous, obnoxious and petulant reply. Then again, I don't see why I should expect any less from someone who clearly gets off on being a hypocrite. Do you even understand what you are saying or are you just arguing for the sake of it?

You have said in that very post that observations and criticisms have to be constructive and rational. You have said that the toxicity and negativity has to be reduced. By making comments like Emery is responsible for the "Sevillization of Arsenal" and that the biggest achievement in his career is getting beaten 6-1 by Barcelona (which is disrespectful considering he has actually won trophies in his career and worked wonders on a tight budget in Valencia), how are you not contributing to that toxicity and negativity?

Let me guess...what you said doesn't come under the umbrella of 'toxicity' or 'negativity', but of course, you are the gatekeeper of what constitutes negativity and what does not.

There is no denying it. You are a hypocrite and you know it.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:09 pm

Das ist verboten.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Mon May 06, 2019 6:20 pm

BrunelGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:

Thank you,

What a disingenuous, obnoxious and petulant reply. Then again, I don't see why I should expect any less from someone who clearly gets off on being a hypocrite. Do you even understand what you are saying or are you just arguing for the sake of it?

You have said in that very post that observations and criticisms have to be constructive and rational. You have said that the toxicity and negativity has to be reduced. By making comments like Emery is responsible for the "Sevillization of Arsenal" and that the biggest achievement in his career is getting beaten 6-1 by Barcelona (which is disrespectful considering he has actually won trophies in his career and worked wonders on a tight budget in Valencia), how are you not contributing to that toxicity and negativity?

Let me guess...what you said doesn't come under the umbrella of 'toxicity' or 'negativity', but of course, you are the gatekeeper of what constitutes negativity and what does not.

There's a difference between criticizing someone and flat-out abusing someone. There is also a difference between accusing someone of a certain thing and trying to engage in a discussion, which you've shown no intention of doing in your last two posts.

My earlier response was a sarcastic remark on what's been going on in this thread. If you'd bothered to check, the replies prior, you wouldn't be so ruffled so as to equate personal abuses with criticism, as you've just done. You simply needed an avenue to vent it out.

Nonetheless, you're assuming on my behalf and you have no intention to discuss this, as you're already in an argumentative mode, rather in a mood to hurl accusations, than to discuss this rationally.

Now, before deviating to your favorite topic of Unai Emery, in a Mesut Ozil thread, I'd simply want to point out how conveniently people ignore that he was managing Unlimited Finances FC in France and managed to bottle a humongous lead. Criticizing such a poverty display isn't the same as throwing insults towards one of our players.

And, I'll toss your own final statements at you; you do not decide on what's toxic and negative. Criticizing a manager who's bottled top-4 despite having the easiest of run-ins isn't the same as hurling abuses towards him. Likewise, attacking someone for having the nerve to criticize a manager who doesn't have a top-level reputation is one example of spreading toxicity and negativity.

Now, we shall know more about hypocrisy.

Fin.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BrunelGooner » Mon May 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Angelito wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:

Thank you,

There's a difference between criticizing someone and flat-out abusing someone. There is also a difference between accusing someone of a certain thing and trying to engage in a discussion, which you've shown no intention of doing in your last two posts.

My earlier response was a sarcastic remark on what's been going on in this thread. If you'd bothered to check, the replies prior, you wouldn't be so ruffled so as to equate personal abuses with criticism, as you've just done. You simply needed an avenue to vent it out.

Nonetheless, you're assuming on my behalf and you have no intention to discuss this, as you're already in an argumentative mode, rather in a mood to hurl accusations, than to discuss this rationally.

Now, before deviating to your favorite topic of Unai Emery, in a Mesut Ozil thread, I'd simply want to point out how conveniently people ignore that he was managing Unlimited Finances FC in France and managed to bottle a humongous lead. Criticizing such a poverty display isn't the same as throwing insults towards one of our players.

And, I'll toss your own final statements at you; you do not decide on what's toxic and negative. Criticizing a manager who's bottled top-4 despite having the easiest of run-ins isn't the same as hurling abuses towards him. Likewise, attacking someone for having the nerve to criticize a manager who doesn't have a top-level reputation is one example of spreading toxicity and negativity.

Now, we shall know more about hypocrisy.

Fin.

This is going to be my last comment on this matter because I am not interested in constantly going backwards and forwards with you.

I still think you are creating false equivalences and are making one rule for yourself, and another for others. You are not going to change my mind on the double standards you have exemplified on numerous occasions. So I stand by my comment - you can deny it all you want, but you are a hypocrite.

And yes, after seeing that reminder post, it did put me in an argumentative mood because for too long I have seen you get away with using and abusing your power as a moderator to dictate to people what they should and should not do. I am not the only person to have had issues with the way you moderate this forum and the way you selectively target individuals based on what they say.

If you do not have the temperament or the composure to deal with people saying things that you do not like, then I strongly recommend you give your moderator powers to someone who can.

You criticising Emery for his 6-1 loss to Barcelona is not the issue here. Because that wasn't what you did. It is the comparison you drew with that result and then saying it is his biggest achievement. We all know what the implication is here...yet you say in the same breath you want criticism to be logical and objective and you want less negativity. Of course, anyone who dares to say anything about your golden boy Ozil stealing a living here is sacrilege and, all of a sudden, you start trying to lay down the law.

Oh - and do not for one second think that I will let you get away with your lazy accusations of me "attacking" you for criticising Emery. It's not even about Emery, it's about principle.

It is abundantly clear that you are more interested in the censorship of those who dare to criticise a player/staff member of AFC that you like, rather than allowing discussions and opinions to flow naturally.

That is what I have an issue with. Your deflection tactics will not work with me.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club