Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 03, 2019 9:55 am

Power n Glory wrote:He had a good game. Almost all of the defenders including the keeper had very dodgy moments that could have costs us. He wasn't the exception. He's pretty good on the ball and bit of tidy dribbler. Would still like to see him play through the middle.

That would be you only then.

He's horrible down the middle, which is why Wenger or Unai won't play him there, he's also even abandoned and accepted it himself which I saw in an interview.

He has no future at CM and he's barely hanging on to WB but at least he's of some use in that position.

As a cheap functional sub for Bellerin he's acceptable, but anymore praise than that is just sentimentality, of which I have very little if any for him hence I call it as it is.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri May 03, 2019 10:06 am

Good for you DG.

I'm still going to support my own.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 03, 2019 10:10 am

Power n Glory wrote:Good for you DG.

I'm still going to support my own.

I support the players and our managers as well but not to the detriment of the clubs success.

:arsenal3: > players.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri May 03, 2019 11:42 am

Bravo bro. :clap:
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby gooney » Fri May 03, 2019 11:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:He had a good game. Almost all of the defenders including the keeper had very dodgy moments that could have costs us. He wasn't the exception. He's pretty good on the ball and bit of tidy dribbler. Would still like to see him play through the middle.

That would be you only then.

He's horrible down the middle, which is why Wenger or Unai won't play him there, he's also even abandoned and accepted it himself which I saw in an interview.

He has no future at CM and he's barely hanging on to WB but at least he's of some use in that position.

As a cheap functional sub for Bellerin he's acceptable, but anymore praise than that is just sentimentality, of which I have very little if any for him hence I call it as it is.

People say he is good cover for bellerin. Before the injury bellerin just picked some form after lengthy period of bad defending. My issue with AMN is he is no challenge for bellerin. He is basically a poor man bellerin. If there is no competition then whats the point of having 2 players where the better is better performer when off form than the lesser player when on good form?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Fri May 03, 2019 11:54 pm

AMN has the potential to be a good “modern” FB or wing back. He’s got a good engine, comfortable on the ball, is better than Bellerin in attack, particularly crossing. His weakness is taking up defensive positions. But this can improve with time once football genius emery decides whether he’s playing a back four or three.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Sat May 04, 2019 6:43 am

swipe right wrote:AMN has the potential to be a good “modern” FB or wing back. He’s got a good engine, comfortable on the ball, is better than Bellerin in attack, particularly crossing. His weakness is taking up defensive positions. But this can improve with time once football genius emery decides whether he’s playing a back four or three.

He is nowhere close to bellerin in attacking. I see a player with bad attitude and really low football iq.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Sat May 04, 2019 6:55 am

gooney wrote:
swipe right wrote:AMN has the potential to be a good “modern” FB or wing back. He’s got a good engine, comfortable on the ball, is better than Bellerin in attack, particularly crossing. His weakness is taking up defensive positions. But this can improve with time once football genius emery decides whether he’s playing a back four or three.

He is nowhere close to bellerin in attacking. I see a player with bad attitude and really low football iq.

I wonder why? Got to watch for the agenda from some of these guys.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby gooney » Thu May 30, 2019 4:53 am

Can we talk about this guy for a minute. I know he is young and second choice rb and you cant expect a second choice rb to defend. But when are people gonna stop the notion every defender improves with age? He makes 1 or 2 big errors every single game. And people focus in the good things he does and say only if he cuts the error he wold be great.

I give you perfect comparison. Titus Bramble. Does anyone remember how good he was until he made a mistske. He had pretty much one huge error per game and played brilliant. And there has been countless of defenders like him. There are easily so many rb even in the championship who wont make big error every game. He needs to be released cause aint no one buying him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EliteKiller » Thu May 30, 2019 5:23 am

He's not 17 he's 21 ... will be 22 start of next season ... in his 15 year Arsenal career he's managed just 33 first team appearances ... this was billed as his big opportunity he needed to step up, quite simply he didn't. He may have been the only Englishman on the pitch but that was one to many. AMN was no worse than a lot of Arsenal players last night, but he very clearly is not and never will be a top EPL player. Sometimes we just have to say enough is enough ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu May 30, 2019 6:24 am

He is a good squad player and can play multiple positions. We need to keep him. The players behind him (kos/must) at the back are the issue.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Thu May 30, 2019 6:30 am

Tony_Adams wrote:He is a good squad player and can play multiple positions. We need to keep him. The players behind him (kos/must) at the back are the issue.

Definition of good squad player = reliable. So AMN is reliable?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Thu May 30, 2019 6:35 am

EliteKiller wrote:He's not 17 he's 21 ... will be 22 start of next season ... in his 15 year Arsenal career he's managed just 33 first team appearances ... this was billed as his big opportunity he needed to step up, quite simply he didn't. He may have been the only Englishman on the pitch but that was one to many. AMN was no worse than a lot of Arsenal players last night, but he very clearly is not and never will be a top EPL player. Sometimes we just have to say enough is enough ....

I agree. How many english players at 21 get 33 games in one of the biggest clubs? He has had enough chances and made too many mistakes
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Thu May 30, 2019 7:35 am

Its desperate times when we have to start AMN, he is never going to make it, back up with a push but should never be starting. Too accident prone, too many cluster-fooks.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu May 30, 2019 8:17 am

Would take half our budget to find a squad player as good as AMN
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz