Rob Holding (16)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby gooney » Fri May 03, 2019 12:41 pm

StLGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:He had a short period were he was doing well before the injury. But it was not enough sample of him being good enough. 12 months ago people were saying chambers was the future and now the worst pl team said he is not good enough defender for them. People get carried away after few games. The summer emery come in not a single poster was saying holding is great he should be starter. Most had him behind kos, mustafi, soko and chambers



Where are these people that said Chambers was the future. Lets publicly shame them! ;)

But like you say people get carried away after a few games. You get a bit carried away after reading a few post on here, and then blame every member on here for thinking that way. If someone said Chambers was the future, I guarantee you that it wasn't more than 4 or 5 people, yet you're here acting like the whole forum said it.


End of wengers time. Most of us including me saw chambersas the better player and was ahead in the pecking order. No one rated holding that highly and I never seen anyonw include him in their first 11. Untilemery came that is
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14985
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby StLGooner » Fri May 03, 2019 12:53 pm

gooney wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:He had a short period were he was doing well before the injury. But it was not enough sample of him being good enough. 12 months ago people were saying chambers was the future and now the worst pl team said he is not good enough defender for them. People get carried away after few games. The summer emery come in not a single poster was saying holding is great he should be starter. Most had him behind kos, mustafi, soko and chambers



Where are these people that said Chambers was the future. Lets publicly shame them! ;)

But like you say people get carried away after a few games. You get a bit carried away after reading a few post on here, and then blame every member on here for thinking that way. If someone said Chambers was the future, I guarantee you that it wasn't more than 4 or 5 people, yet you're here acting like the whole forum said it.


End of wengers time. Most of us including me saw chambersas the better player and was ahead in the pecking order. No one rated holding that highly and I never seen anyonw include him in their first 11. Untilemery came that is


I think many knew he had potential. But it's like that with many players, they start showing good form then of course we get excited, especially when others in those positions aren't' performing well. So we all get our hopes a bit, nothing wrong with that.

I don't think anyone is saying Holding is our answer, obviously we still need a top rated CB, but if he finds that form he had before his injury, I think he should be given a chance to take one of those positions. Depending on who we bring in of course.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35265
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby Zenith » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:05 am

Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31377
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby VCC » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:19 am

Could be a case of papers scissors rock to see who starts each week results on the pitch probably be the same with who ever plays CB in our current state
User avatar
VCC
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7746
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby Tony_Adams » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:44 am

Holding and Sokratis have to be our first choice this season. All of our other CBs are useless.
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35287
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby VCC » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:57 am

Tony_Adams wrote:Holding and Sokratis have to be our first choice this season. All of our other CBs are useless.

Sokratis will have to learn to stay on the pitch
Holding will need to stay injury free
User avatar
VCC
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7746
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby Tony_Adams » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:26 am

VCC wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:Holding and Sokratis have to be our first choice this season. All of our other CBs are useless.

Sokratis will have to learn to stay on the pitch
Holding will need to stay injury free
Which is why we need a CB!
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35287
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:10 pm

What exactly is Holding's fitness status ?
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 19402
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby LMAO » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:56 pm

UFGN wrote:What exactly is Holding's fitness status ?


u tell me bb

Image

Image
User avatar
LMAO
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7217
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:14 pm

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:What exactly is Holding's fitness status ?


u tell me bb

Image

Image


Looks like hes ready to kick some ass
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 19402
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:29 pm

UFGN wrote:What exactly is Holding's fitness status ?

Arseblog has reported that he's heard the aim is to slowly reintroduce Holding back into the fold so he's fit and ready to play regularly after the September international break.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34540
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby Sims » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:31 pm

I am sorry he did not cost £55m
Image
User avatar
Sims
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 29886
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby Callum » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:39 pm

Sims wrote:I am sorry he did not cost £55m

One of Wenger's best quotes in the latter years.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34540
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:34 pm

Callum wrote:
Sims wrote:I am sorry he did not cost £55m

One of Wenger's best quotes in the latter years.
Leno
(Martinez/Macey)
Bellerin Saliba Sokratis Tierney
(Niles/Osei-Tutu) (Mustafi/Dinos) (Holding/Medley) (Kolasinac/Bola)
Xhaka(c)
(Luiz?/Chambers)
Guendouzi --- Ceballos
(Torreira/Elneny) --- (Ozil/Willock)
Pepe -------------------- Auba
(ESR/Mkhi) -------------------- (Nelson/Saka)
Lacazette
(Martinelli/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 9/19/19
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
 
Posts: 18048
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby Tony_Adams » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:40 pm

Callum wrote:
UFGN wrote:What exactly is Holding's fitness status ?

Arseblog has reported that he's heard the aim is to slowly reintroduce Holding back into the fold so he's fit and ready to play regularly after the September international break.
I just hope Emery doesn't end up 'doing a Wenger' and rushing him back too quickly because of the lack of cover. We've seen that so many times in the Wenger years. We really need one more decent centre back to rotate with holding and sokratis.
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35287
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot], Zenith and 8 guests