Rob Holding (16)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Rob Holding (16)

Postby gooney » Fri May 03, 2019 12:41 pm

StLGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:He had a short period were he was doing well before the injury. But it was not enough sample of him being good enough. 12 months ago people were saying chambers was the future and now the worst pl team said he is not good enough defender for them. People get carried away after few games. The summer emery come in not a single poster was saying holding is great he should be starter. Most had him behind kos, mustafi, soko and chambers

Where are these people that said Chambers was the future. Lets publicly shame them! ;)

But like you say people get carried away after a few games. You get a bit carried away after reading a few post on here, and then blame every member on here for thinking that way. If someone said Chambers was the future, I guarantee you that it wasn't more than 4 or 5 people, yet you're here acting like the whole forum said it.

End of wengers time. Most of us including me saw chambersas the better player and was ahead in the pecking order. No one rated holding that highly and I never seen anyonw include him in their first 11. Untilemery came that is
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Fri May 03, 2019 12:53 pm

gooney wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:He had a short period were he was doing well before the injury. But it was not enough sample of him being good enough. 12 months ago people were saying chambers was the future and now the worst pl team said he is not good enough defender for them. People get carried away after few games. The summer emery come in not a single poster was saying holding is great he should be starter. Most had him behind kos, mustafi, soko and chambers

Where are these people that said Chambers was the future. Lets publicly shame them! ;)

But like you say people get carried away after a few games. You get a bit carried away after reading a few post on here, and then blame every member on here for thinking that way. If someone said Chambers was the future, I guarantee you that it wasn't more than 4 or 5 people, yet you're here acting like the whole forum said it.

End of wengers time. Most of us including me saw chambersas the better player and was ahead in the pecking order. No one rated holding that highly and I never seen anyonw include him in their first 11. Untilemery came that is

I think many knew he had potential. But it's like that with many players, they start showing good form then of course we get excited, especially when others in those positions aren't' performing well. So we all get our hopes a bit, nothing wrong with that.

I don't think anyone is saying Holding is our answer, obviously we still need a top rated CB, but if he finds that form he had before his injury, I think he should be given a chance to take one of those positions. Depending on who we bring in of course.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Today 4:05 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk