02/05/19 | Arsenal 3-1 Valencia | Europa League

Re: 02/05/19 | Arsenal vs Valencia | Europa League

Postby gamechannel » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:19 pm

Santi wrote:So in reality, why is the season done? Top 4 is likely done but that has no bearing on the home leg (or away for that matter) against Valencia.

It’s nothing to do with liking what you have to say, it’s acting like a spoiled brat and saying the season is over cos we lost today, it was f***ing shit and this whole week has been but grow up.

Because it's not just one game. It's been the past 3 games where we have come up against inferior teams and have not even mounted any sort of fight against them.. we do not have any sort of upwards momentum heading into this game. That's the reality. If we can't put up a fight in PL against inferior teams what makes you think we will do it against a comparable opponent? It's not the bratty at all to think that we will lose this game. But of course, holier-than-thou fans like you will continue to look down upon anyone who disagrees with your blind optimism..
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:24 pm

Blind optimism yet I was against emery before Christmas? :rofll:

You two are just crying babies because we lost. To say the season is over is pathetic, the season is over when we can’t win any trophies and have nothing else to play for. Stop being a little f***ing bitch and put your knickers in the wash ready for Thursday.

Bet you didn’t think we’d beat Napoli 3-0 over two legs either did you? Guess what....
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:25 pm

gamechannel wrote:
Santi wrote:So in reality, why is the season done? Top 4 is likely done but that has no bearing on the home leg (or away for that matter) against Valencia.

It’s nothing to do with liking what you have to say, it’s acting like a spoiled brat and saying the season is over cos we lost today, it was f***ing shit and this whole week has been but grow up.

Because it's not just one game. It's been the past 3 games where we have come up against inferior teams and have not even mounted any sort of fight against them.. we do not have any sort of upwards momentum heading into this game. That's the reality. If we can't put up a fight in PL against inferior teams what makes you think we will do it against a comparable opponent? It's not the bratty at all to think that we will lose this game. But of course, holier-than-thou fans like you will continue to look down upon anyone who disagrees with your blind optimism..

We just beat Napoli twice easily who are better than all the teams we just lost to.

Just cos we lost to them doesn't mean we will lose to Valencia. Doesn't mean we'll beat them either but you seem sure we won't. You clearly have no idea how football works and that's fine. I won't knock your lack of knowledge. Football isn't a game for everyone but if you stick around, I hope you can learn a thing or two
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:27 pm

Interest: waning wrote:
Santi wrote:What’s that got to do with playing Valencia? You’re just screaming like a little girl for no reason.
Because there's nothing redeeming even if we win the EL. It's a shit competition and we have no business being in the CL anyway with our shit squad.

Shit competition?

Cos we have such a great European record we can look down on it?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:29 pm

I'd rather we lose every PL game but win the EL.

We will win this, and win well
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:45 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:I'd rather we lose every PL game but win the EL.

:clap:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:08 pm

I've been screaming about the arrogance of Gooners, about some Gooners trotting out as we'd just won the UCL.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Valencia will be tougher than Napoli.

We are in the worst form we have been since 1996. No side has ever schooled us like Leicester did today. We have never had 22% ball possession as we did in the first half hour against Leicester. We finished the game with 33% ball possession - unheard of against a mid-table side in the Wenger era.

Nothing is guaranteed.

We need to keep our head low and hope the players and the manager realize that is a different competition altogether. We can do it. But we haven't shown any signs of being able to pull it off.

We have to re-group and re-strategize. This is our last hope.

Yet again, this is the second biggest game of the season for us; the biggest will be at the Mestalla.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nuggets » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:12 pm

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:40 pm

Why will they be tougher than Napoli? Napoli are a far better team.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:06 pm

Santi wrote:Why will they be tougher than Napoli? Napoli are a far better team.

Marcelino is adept at parking the bus and hitting on the counter.

Ancelotti showed a certain naivety against us. Valencia will put on their Atletico masks when they come to the Emirates.

Only Barca and Atleti have lost fewer games than Valencia in the league this season. They have 16 draws. Two draws and they're through. In addition, only Atleti and Getafe have conceded fewer goals than Valencia.

They're the exact type of opposition we tend to struggle against—even when we were good.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BrunelGooner » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Valencia lost at the Mestalla to 10th-placed Eibar, albeit it was a 93rd minute winner. They fielded a very strong side too.

Not saying this is an indication that we will beat them, as they haven't lost many games this season, but they are definitely beatable even away from home.

For some reason, I am more confident of us performing away from home in the Europa than I am domestically.

Let's hope we can take a comfortable lead and clean sheet in the first-leg at The Emirates, though.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:17 pm

Napoli are also better than Leicester.

You should know by now that what you said has no bearing on results in football, if that were the case lesser teams could never beat a better one, but they do every season without fail.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:56 pm

They are not far better.
I think we do better against Italian teams...might just be perception.. haven't checked the history of results.
Valencia will be a tough game. If we play like we have over the last 7 days - we're out.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby FARM » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:48 pm

we have win win the 1st leg by a lot, if its 2-1 or only 1-0 to us then we are out, we will get taken apart away
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby coolaa » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:10 pm

Valencia is 6th in their league. Should be pretty even match.

442 diamond
Leno
Mustafi Sokratis Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka
Iwobi Torreira
Mkhitaryan
Aubameyang Lacazette

I prefer Torreira to be the DM
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext