Konstantinos Mavropanos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Konstantinos Mavropanos (27)

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:15 am

Mike Dean wrote:
Sims wrote:start him for the rest of the season

No. He is not ready.

He was atrocious in the CP game.

Was slow and was making poor decisions.

It was his clumsy challenge that led to the free kick and their first goal.

Yes he is, if he's good enough then play him, put him in a back three like Spurs have done with Foyth (both are 21) doing that gave them the confidence to play Foyth in the CL when they had 3 CB's injured, and he was pretty solid ... Mavropanos will learn nothing playing keep-ball with the under 23's and let's face it taking a young player off at half time agianst CP when he had the highest Opta rating of any off our back five, how on earth was that developing him?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:11 am

When Laurent Koscielny returned after his long injury lay off, the consensus was that he was finished, devoid of credible leadership qualities, should be binned asap and not play for us again.

Last season, the consensus was that Rob Holding was not good enough for The Arsenal or a top six club and should be nowhere near being a first team starter for us.

Immediately prior to his transfer from Dortmund, the consensus was that Sokratis Papapastathopolus was not what we needed never mind being past it and slow apart from displaying that he was rapidly in decline.

The conclusion must be then that the last thing we'd ever have wanted to see for a league campaign is a back 3 of Sokratis, Holding & Koscielny, or a defensive pairing drawn from those players.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby looper007 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:45 am

He's a young lad with a future. Maybe a loan spell away next season with a PL team, might do him and us the world of good. I think with a big money signing at CB, along with Sokratis, Holding and Kos. We could afford letting him go out on loan with a clause to bring him back if needed.
looper007
Michael Thomas

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue May 28, 2019 4:43 pm

looper007 wrote:He's a young lad with a future. Maybe a loan spell away next season with a PL team, might do him and us the world of good. I think with a big money signing at CB, along with Sokratis, Holding and Kos. We could afford letting him go out on loan with a clause to bring him back if needed.

I am pretty much in agreement with this consideration. I too see massive potential in this young man and think he has all the physical attributes and natural ability to go right to the top.

He might not make it all the way of course, the same as numerous players who've failed to fulfill their potential, but if he is able to put his injury hell and this season behind him, then along with Holding we could indeed have two young and talented central defenders.

That is why I would look to purchase 2 centre backs so Mavropanos could gain that much needed playing time and experience elsewhere whilst Mustafi was moved on.

I would probably keep Koscielny one more season primarily for his experience and good ability to play in a three as well as left back if needed, but only on the basis of being happy to have a similar role for us as Cech did this season.

But if he were to be released along with Mustafi, then the two new centre backs along with Papa and Holding SHOULD be enough to see us reverse the defensive horror shows we seemingly loved doing repeat performances of, like some kind of sadistic theatre production.

This scenario should leave us in a position of strength when in the next year to eighteen months, the issue of Papa's time coming to an end is on the horizon and we have FOUR young but experienced centre half's who have played together for a year or more and hopefully formed some solid partnerships within.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ag6789 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:14 pm

Only time will tell. A good defensive strategy is needed ; instead of throwing the net all-round for a fresh catch.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Tue May 28, 2019 6:16 pm

I gave him a few seasons to reach his potential in my PES career. Only got to around 80 overall and had shockingly bad movement with the ball. Never got to displace Koulibaly which i signed the year before that. Time to sell.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby themessiah » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:25 pm

Panathinaikos want to sign Mavropanos on loan.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:30 pm

themessiah wrote:Panathinaikos want to sign Mavropanos on loan.

I hope something materialises for him. The boy needs to play.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Re: Konstantinos Mavropanos (Loan - Nürnberg)

Postby ESR10 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 pm

Will be loaned out to Nürnberg. Announcement tomorrow.

Good for him, he clearly has potential. Just needs to play more.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby swipe right » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:54 pm

Mustafi wrote:Will be loaned out to Nürnberg. Announcement tomorrow.

Good for him, he clearly has potential. Just needs to play more.

Based on what?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:54 pm

Shame it's not a BuLi club, but it looks like he'll get a lot of time as Nürnberg battle relegation.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Zenith » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:57 pm

Additionally, Nürnberg only have 3 senior CBs on their books, so if Dinos can quickly pick up the German language, he might have a good chance of accumulating game time.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Sims » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:48 am

He does seem pretty shit
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zenith » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:59 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Jase89 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:39 pm

Zenith wrote:

What a tackle
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to World Football