18/04/19 | Napoli 0-1 Arsenal | Europa League

Re: 18/04/19 | Napoli 0-1 Arsenal | Europa League

Postby Phil71 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:21 pm

ag6789 wrote:Chelsea are so lucky. They've Eintracht where's we face Valencia. Another tough game.

Eintracht Frankfurt have beaten Marseille and Lazio home and away in this season’s EL. They’ve also beaten Inter Milan away and drew against them at home.

They are no mugs. Chelsea have the harder tie in my opinion.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:56 pm

Phil71 wrote:Eintracht Frankfurt have beaten Marseille and Lazio home and away in this season’s EL. They’ve also beaten Inter Milan away and drew against them at home.

They are no mugs. Chelsea have the harder tie in my opinion.

I have to agree with this.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby elkanofan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:29 pm

Losmeister wrote:
elkanofan wrote:6 clean sheets in our last 7 matches!

there is something surreal abouot it, eh?

It's the birth of Nimrod!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby indy23 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 am

Hmm clean sheet again hmm haters can suck one
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby indy23 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:06 am

This will end as a London derby .... If Spurs get bounced I'll be so happy
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:35 am

Watched a recording of the game last night. Very impressive.
Controlled performance. Lacazette the stand out player, but also a very encouraging defensive display.
:clap:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby billie86 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:59 am

Is it just me who thinks we played crap then? Napoli were terrible but still managed to create 4-5 clear cut chances that they should have scored, it was only comfortable because none of those chances were taken, they should have scored at least one at the Emirates and should have had at least 1 last night (mainly thinking of the milik free header from 6 yards and insigne pass back, also callejon had a good chance early on that cech saved which he should have done better with).
We also looked toothless in attack, we had 2 strikers on the pitch but created 1 decent chance all game, this against a team who had to come out and get at least 2 goals to have a chance, we just never really looked like scoring.
Glad we won obviously but I wouldn't be getting too carried away thinking we have turned a corner, make no mistake this win was more about Napoli's finishing than our defending.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby indy23 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:03 am

billie86 wrote:Is it just me who thinks we played crap then? Napoli were terrible but still managed to create 4-5 clear cut chances that they should have scored, it was only comfortable because none of those chances were taken, they should have scored at least one at the Emirates and should have had at least 1 last night (mainly thinking of the milik free header from 6 yards and insigne pass back, also callejon had a good chance early on that cech saved which he should have done better with).
We also looked toothless in attack, we had 2 strikers on the pitch but created 1 decent chance all game, this against a team who had to come out and get at least 2 goals to have a chance, we just never really looked like scoring.
Glad we won obviously but I wouldn't be getting too carried away thinking we have turned a corner, make no mistake this win was more about Napoli's finishing than our defending.

Outside of Ramsey ozil we lack serious creativity. We rely on kol and amn to pitch in and sometimes they do sometimes they don't.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: 18/04/19 | Napoli vs Arsenal | Europa League

Postby starmandb » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:08 pm

Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:We'd need our strikers to be clinical. If they're as hapless or wasteful as they were against Watford, or have been, we will be on the back foot.

I feel one big chance will come our way in the first 10-15 mins. That will dictate the rest of the game.

............... that being said after their point blank misfires at the Emirates I think they need their players to be able to hit the target even more than we do.

Not sure what this has to do with us missing so many chances against them in the first leg.

But ok.

It has to do with the fact that we're 2 goals ahead, they need to score more than we do.

If they don't improve their shooting we're not going to have too much to worry about although I'm not holding my breath.

Not sure why you thought that observation was a dig but whatever, time of the month Angie?

It was an irrelevant remark from your side. My focus was on us - knowing full well what our strikers are capable and what they also are capable of.

You turned it around into something about them needlessly when you're probably not aware that Napoli have only lost one home game all season, and beat Liverpool at home earlier in the season.

It's not what they do, it's what we do.

Also, warning issued for getting personal for the umpteenth time. It's been quite common with you and anyone who you try and argue with lately.

Stop looking for trouble and trouble won't find you.

What we do ?
We had 1 away game with a score line that would have put us out this season
The 5-1 defeat at Liverpool
Napoli had 5 home wins that would have sent them through
But the best team they did that against was sampdoria
A team considerably worse than us or Liverpool
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Pudpop » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:10 pm

billie86 wrote:Is it just me who thinks we played crap then? Napoli were terrible but still managed to create 4-5 clear cut chances that they should have scored, it was only comfortable because none of those chances were taken, they should have scored at least one at the Emirates and should have had at least 1 last night (mainly thinking of the milik free header from 6 yards and insigne pass back, also callejon had a good chance early on that cech saved which he should have done better with).

Yeah you're just exaggerating mate. They didn't have 4-5 clear cut chances. They had 1 and a few other decent chances that Cech had covered.

Yeah we only had one great chance but in the second half we were content to sit back, and had we played Ozil we probably would have created 1 or 2 more on the counter, but being 3 goals up we were right to sit back and prioritise defensive solidity.

We kept them quiet. Our offside trap worked. I don't think they completed a cross the whole game. They ended up desperate.

It wasn't pretty, but it didn't need to be because lacazette, torreira and Ramsey did the pretty business over the 2 legs with 3 moments of brilliance.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:01 pm

starmandb wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:We'd need our strikers to be clinical. If they're as hapless or wasteful as they were against Watford, or have been, we will be on the back foot.

I feel one big chance will come our way in the first 10-15 mins. That will dictate the rest of the game.

............... that being said after their point blank misfires at the Emirates I think they need their players to be able to hit the target even more than we do.

Not sure what this has to do with us missing so many chances against them in the first leg.

But ok.

It has to do with the fact that we're 2 goals ahead, they need to score more than we do.

If they don't improve their shooting we're not going to have too much to worry about although I'm not holding my breath.

Not sure why you thought that observation was a dig but whatever, time of the month Angie?

It was an irrelevant remark from your side. My focus was on us - knowing full well what our strikers are capable and what they also are capable of.

You turned it around into something about them needlessly when you're probably not aware that Napoli have only lost one home game all season, and beat Liverpool at home earlier in the season.

It's not what they do, it's what we do.

Also, warning issued for getting personal for the umpteenth time. It's been quite common with you and anyone who you try and argue with lately.

Stop looking for trouble and trouble won't find you.

What we do ?
We had 1 away game with a score line that would have put us out this season
The 5-1 defeat at Liverpool
Napoli had 5 home wins that would have sent them through
But the best team they did that against was sampdoria
A team considerably worse than us or Liverpool

Please stop budging in without understanding the context of the post.

What I meant was in response to DG criticizing Napoli's attack. I was talking about our attack, what we do is in our hands. What they do or don't isn't.

Simple.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Zenith wrote:
LMAO wrote:Wow, Napoli really is dreadful. Says it all when Monreal had the best chance for Napoli.

wtf happened to them since the beginning of the season?

Ancelotti has tried to implement a completely different style of football to Sarri's and it hasn't worked out.

Most of Napoli's players look confused and frustrated.

Their performances, particularly during big games, have dropped drastically since he took over.

......and people were saying they wanted Ancelotti here instead of Emery, I think Emery has completely outmatched him over two legs, they lost away and at home.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:18 pm

Ach wrote:We have a decent record in Italy I feel

Record in Italy before last night
P14
W5
D5
L4
For18