The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby theHotHead » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:13 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Who's up for another round of "Blame it on Ozil" after tonight's game?

I'm not sure if I want us to win more for the 3pts or to avoid the shenanigans in this thread?

I dare say your post has been like wearing garlic around vampires - they are staying away from the thread since you called them out :rofll:

Especially funny when the worst player on the pitch by a mile was Mkhi, his thread has predictably been untouched by them.

Not that I advocate players being slated at all, just calling out the bias on this forum.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Rockape » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:59 am

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Who's up for another round of "Blame it on Ozil" after tonight's game?

I'm not sure if I want us to win more for the 3pts or to avoid the shenanigans in this thread?

I dare say your post has been like wearing garlic around vampires - they are staying away from the thread since you called them out :rofll:

Especially funny when the worst player on the pitch by a mile was Mkhi, his thread has predictably been untouched by them.

Not that I advocate players being slated at all, just calling out the bias on this forum.

Unfortunately Mikhi is mostly shite and has been since he joined us in less that ideal circumstances. We know this and therefore, there is no debate. He will be offloaded as soon as possible to free up his wages.

Ozil gets it because we know he is one of the most talented players to wear the shirt. People get frustrated by his frequent lame performances, when we know what he can do when playing well. (plus THAT wage hangs heavy around his neck)
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Losmeister » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:41 pm

btw it was last year when I said mhoki is playing his way out...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed May 01, 2019 8:33 pm

Mesut Özil says he will definitely not be leaving Arsenal this summer
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/01/mesut-ozil-not-leaving-arsenal-aaron-ramsey-last-game

“Yes absolutely,” he replied when asked if he will be at Arsenal next season. “I have two years left on my contract. I don’t know about after that but yes, absolutely. I’m 30 now and I’ve still got two years in front of me and what happens after that I don’t know myself.”

Would be good news if his wages werent 3x of what a player with his output produces. No other club would be stupid enough to pay him £34m in wages.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:43 pm

To be honest, although he pisses me off quite a bit, I don’t want him to leave.

We need quality, and he is quality. I want to see us get rid of shit players, whilst keeping quality ones and adding more.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed May 01, 2019 8:46 pm

Pretty sure cesc said the same thing before he left tbh
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed May 01, 2019 8:57 pm

Difference is Fabregas was 24, actually world class and being tapped up by Barca. No club will pay 350k pw for what Ozil offers.

Ozil is 30 and has had 1 great season for us, 3 years ago when Utd, City, Chelsea all shat the bed. You'd have to go back to his RM days 6 years ago to find his last great season.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed May 01, 2019 9:01 pm

aniym wrote:Difference is Fabregas was 24, actually world class and being tapped up by Barca. No club will pay 350k pw for what Ozil offers.

Ozil is 30 and has had 1 great season for us, 3 years ago when Utd, City, Chelsea all shat the bed. You'd have to go back to his RM days 6 years ago to find his last great season.
USA or China, big pay day imo
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:04 pm

No player would start off with a position of stating they want to leave.

He’s under contract, and if Arsenal decide to sell him he would be due compensation in relation to that contract.

So even if a player is desperate to leave, his advisors will be telling g him to say he wants to stay at the club forever.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed May 01, 2019 9:08 pm

Phil71 wrote:No player would start off with a position of stating they want to leave.

He’s under contract, and if Arsenal decide to sell him he would be due compensation in relation to that contract.

So even if a player is desperate to leave, his advisors will be telling g him to say he wants to stay at the club forever.
Exactly
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed May 01, 2019 9:18 pm

Phil71 wrote:No player would start off with a position of stating they want to leave.

Well, duh. This is not a question of Ozil wanting to leave, why would he? Good player on his day, but he has no hunger like RVP and Alexis had, the sort of desire to win that made them gamechangers. We will see the exact same performances from him next year, and people will blame everything except him, despite the fact that he hasn't changed his approach since Wenger brought him in.

I don't recall L Suarez commiting to Pool in 2013 when we were after him, it was the club insisting he wouldn't be sold. He submitted a transfer request to join us FFS.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 01, 2019 9:24 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:Pretty sure cesc said the same thing before he left tbh

Cesc wasn't on £350k pw.

No ones going to pay Ozil that money outside of China and players become a joke when they make those moves, no, Ozil's nest egg is well and truly feathered, mans comfortable.

As long as he plays good football, I don't mind.

Do we trust this club to buy anyone better? we just lost Ramsey ffs, how many more can we lose?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm

We need squad depth more than we need Ozil's inconsistent genius. His wages cover those of 3 players.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EliteKiller » Thu May 02, 2019 12:27 am

So top players like RvP, Cesc, even Sanchez all realise that they can't win trophies whilst Arsenal keep refusing to upgrade the squad, so they move on ... player's happy with the large pay package and who will say all the 'right things' but contribute very little ... they all stay

Big fish in a small pond? Is that loyalty or laziness?

The fault is with Wonger's decade of failed recruitment and contract management ... but that's no excuse for players now taking the easy ride ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Thu May 02, 2019 5:26 am

Mesut Ozil reveals he will stay at Arsenal next season despite tough time under Unai Emery: 'Absolutely... I have two years left on my contract'................and at £350,000 a week he is going nowhere, so we are stuck with him.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club