Steven N’Zonzi

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Steven N’Zonzi

Postby Lucky7 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:10 pm

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/ ... 8962703362

@MrArsenicTM
France Football: #AFC keen on N’zonzi but are not prepared to pay the €40m clause & attempts are ongoing to lower the asking price.

4231? It has been one of Emery's preferred formations in the past.
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby abou dabby » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:45 am

rather take ndombele. lyon got him for only €8m so give 25 and be set for a decade+
abou dabby
Liam Brady

Postby Santi » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:46 pm

f**k only just seen he signed for roma :(
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:48 pm

After the Malcom debacle, Roma announce N'Zonzi the Roma way -

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:21 pm

Arsenal are determined to reunite coach Unai Emery with his former player Steven N'Zonzi this summer, having made the midfielder their number one transfer target.

N'Zonzi enjoyed his most successful season under the Spanish coach during their time at Sevilla, winning the Europa League in the first year.

The Frenchman moved to Roma last summer and although he is a regular starter, the club are considering offloading him as they try to improve their squad for next term.

Daily Star claims Arsenal are eyeing him up and hope to bring him and former Paris Saint-Germain boss Emery together again.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Ach wrote:
Arsenal are determined to reunite coach Unai Emery with his former player Steven N'Zonzi this summer, having made the midfielder their number one transfer target.

N'Zonzi enjoyed his most successful season under the Spanish coach during their time at Sevilla, winning the Europa League in the first year.

The Frenchman moved to Roma last summer and although he is a regular starter, the club are considering offloading him as they try to improve their squad for next term.

Daily Star claims Arsenal are eyeing him up and hope to bring him and former Paris Saint-Germain boss Emery together again.

Having championed this fella as a viable solution to our soft underbelly of a midfield for longer than I care to remember, I actually feel a little non-plused about this latest link to him.

The lack of foresight, intelligence and genuine ambition that has existed at this club pretty much since the departure of David Dein, is the only thing we currently have worthy of legendary status.

That Emery wanted to get him at the club in his first (and effectively only) transfer window and apparently views him as a trusted lieutenant, speaks volumes regards our manager immediately recognising where our near fatal wound lay.

That he would have been paired with Torreira at the base of our midfield and provided the kind of solidity not seen since Gilberto Silva departed, turns that volume up to 11.

No guarantee of course and yeah, could've broken a leg in his first game, but I very, very, very much doubt that as we stand now we'd be the only team in the league without a clean sheet away from home and have such abysmal away form.

That being said, I think it is reasonable conjecture to state that we would likely have third place already secured as a minimum achievement, and not be shitting ourselves about facing the likes of Dacoure, Capoue and Deeny tonight if they decide to cut up rough.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:56 pm

Guendouzi and Torreira are the future of our midfield, and Nzonzi's experience will only help them get better faster.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:07 pm

Past it

2/10 signing
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:22 pm

aniym wrote:Guendouzi and Torreira are the future of our midfield, and Nzonzi's experience will only help them get better faster.

Agreed, and pretty much stated the same thing on the Guendouzi thread back in August before the move for the big Frenchman failed to materialise.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:50 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:
Ach wrote:

Having championed this fella as a viable solution to our soft underbelly of a midfield for longer than I care to remember, I actually feel a little non-plused about this latest link to him.

The lack of foresight, intelligence and genuine ambition that has existed at this club pretty much since the departure of David Dein, is the only thing we currently have worthy of legendary status.

That Emery wanted to get him at the club in his first (and effectively only) transfer window and apparently views him as a trusted lieutenant, speaks volumes regards our manager immediately recognising where our near fatal wound lay.

That he would have been paired with Torreira at the base of our midfield and provided the kind of solidity not seen since Gilberto Silva departed, turns that volume up to 11.

No guarantee of course and yeah, could've broken a leg in his first game, but I very, very, very much doubt that as we stand now we'd be the only team in the league without a clean sheet away from home and have such abysmal away form.

That being said, I think it is reasonable conjecture to state that we would likely have third place already secured as a minimum achievement, and not be shitting ourselves about facing the likes of Dacoure, Capoue and Deeny tonight if they decide to cut up rough.

Nzonzi was in the Blackburn team that went 15 games without keeping an away clean sheet back end of 10/11- 11-12
Including a 7-1 defeat at arsenal
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:02 pm

starmandb wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:
Ach wrote:

Nzonzi was in the Blackburn team that went 15 games without keeping an away clean sheet back end of 10/11- 11-12
Including a 7-1 defeat at arsenal

Yeah, I remember him being at Blackburn and the 7-1, and I don't think I considered him to be anything more than average if I even really noted anything about him at all beyond being French with a cool name when he first arrived in England.

However, I think it might have been in that season they were relegated when I first acknowledged that he wasn't as basic and limited as I initially thought.

It was when he was at Stoke that I took notice of him and definitely after he was involved in some of those trials by stud marks we used to have at the bet365 rugby stadium.

When it was muted that Wenger might be in for him, the prevailing sentiment that he simply wasn't good enough to play for us did strike me as just a little bit snobbish and failing to see the wood for the trees, as he was exactly the type of player we needed as a foil for the likes of Santi, Ramsey, Ozil etc.

To my recollection, when we signed Steve Bould, a few thought that he wasn't good enough for The Arsenal either.

Most gooners will probably think of Drogba and Costa as total bastards, but in a heartbeat would've had them in our team so they could've been our inglorious bastards instead. What with the Stoke City history and all, that's kind of how I view N'zonzi as well.

I do understand the point you made regards the Blackburn poor away record but I think he is miles away from the player he was at 22/23 years old, same as only assessing Roy Keane by his time at Forest.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:36 pm

World Cup-winning France midfielder Steven N'zonzi could have his loan stay with Rennes cut short, with Arsenal and Everton linked with the 32-year-old Roma man. (Foot Mercato - in French)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:33 pm

France international wants to terminate Roma contract

Steven Nzonzi could be on his way back to the Premier League, with Arsenal and Everton interested in signing him.

Foot Mercato claims the 32-year-old midfielder will open talks with Roma to terminate his contract this month. He is currently on loan at Rennes and the French side will offer him a long-term deal, but they are not the only ones who want him.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:58 pm

Doesn't bode well if Emery himself isn't pouncing on this. Villareal cut Kubo's loan short and have a spot available in midfield.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill