British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:I don't see why we don't put a number of deals together and agreed in principle with the EU and then put them to the people to vote which one to go with. A second referendum to decide which kind of Brexit we want?

............. because its not about what Brexit we want, its about what Brexit Parliament want.

That much is glaringly clear by now.

If it was about us we would of left on the 29th March with No Deal.

Also who's to say the EU won't just shoot down any ideas we put toward them, we can't even get a majority in Parliament for a deal.
We go to the EU with a number of deals, from a number of parties/cross party groups. The EU decide if there are any they would accept. If they agree at least two then it goes back to the people.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:22 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:I don't see why we don't put a number of deals together and agreed in principle with the EU and then put them to the people to vote which one to go with. A second referendum to decide which kind of Brexit we want?

............. because its not about what Brexit we want, its about what Brexit Parliament want.

Also who's to say the EU won't just shoot down any ideas we put toward them, we can't even get a majority in Parliament for a deal.
We go to the EU with a number of deals, from a number of parties/cross party groups. The EU decide if there are any they would accept. If they agree at least two then it goes back to the people.

That's giving the EU all the latitude rather than what we want, its also a bit tricky to send them proposals when we can't even get one through the House of Commons let alone more than one that they would then ratify.

Also giving the EU the choice just means they'll pick the one that's worst for us.

.......... what if they just choose Remain lol.

In fact we already know what the EU's preference is, its the Withdrawal agreement they gave to May or Remain.

There you go, saved us the bother.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

That's giving the EU all the latitude rather than what we want, its also a bit tricky to send them proposals when we can't even get one through the House of Commons let alone more than one that they would then ratify.

Also giving the EU the choice just means they'll pick the one that's worst for us.

.......... what if they just choose Remain lol.

In fact we already know what the EU's preference is, its the Withdrawal agreement they gave to May or Remain.

There you go, saved us the bother.
Remain wouldn't be on the table, we already had that referendum (i'm strongly remain btw)
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:41 am

Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:09 am

Farage launches his Brexit Party.

Putting 80 candidates forward for the European elections.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Tories have proper imploded, May's own MP's attacking her from the back benches while she cosy's up to Labour and gets praised by them.

Proper weird.

Agent May showing No Deal was never a reality, Leave have been duped and left writhing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Phil71 wrote:Farage launches his Brexit Party.

Putting 80 candidates forward for the European elections.

He'll get re-elected. Not sure about the others.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:04 am

This brexit thing has gone on for so long that i genuily have no clue on what the hell is going on

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:40 am

Dejan wrote:This brexit thing has gone on for so long that i genuily have no clue on what the hell is going on

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Is that you Theresa?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:33 am

Have a ref 2 quickly

Remain or leave with no deal. If its leave with no deal that wins then play hardball with the EU and tell them we will leave with no deal but that a trading agreement is possible

I don't want no deal but I think we need to risk it to break the deadlock
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:27 am

Is a public order arrest going to be made for this? I doubt Sadiq will prosecute.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ondon.html
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:29 am

drinking on public transport should be allowed really as long as ur not being an arsehole

Would even stand up for farage doing it the ballbag
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:38 am

Sims wrote:drinking on public transport should be allowed really as long as ur not being an arsehole

Would even stand up for farage doing it the ballbag

The thing is with the tube there are no ticket inspectors on the trains, so it is virtually unenforceable (unless someone trawls through CCTV and tracks tickets but do TFL really have the budget to do that in order to trace one person)?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:41 am

One thing I think is more important is why is alcohol allowed on aeroplanes?

If it was my decision id ban all alcohol on planes and at airports, including duty free

I like a drink as much as anyone but you simply don't need booze at airports or on flights
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:44 am

UFGN wrote:One thing I think is more important is why is alcohol allowed on aeroplanes?

If it was my decision id ban all alcohol on planes and at airports, including duty free

I like a drink as much as anyone but you simply don't need booze at airports or on flights

Because it's in small quantities, is limited by the stewardesses and you're not allowed to drink your own on a plane. Plus, they don't let you on a plane drunk anyway as you'd be turned away at the gate if you arrived intoxicated.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate