British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:36 am

You see this is what I'm talking about ...........

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 60896.html

Bill to stop our Gov't enacting No Deal has been passed, so the only way No Deal can even happen is if the EU don't grant us any extensions ............. which they will, because No Deal is a nightmare for them and even if they didn't Theresa May would just cancel article 50 and we'd default stay in the EU.

This was the whole premise of my example in my last post, any and everyone with any power over these proceedings and the outcomes doesn't want No Deal and won't allow No Deal, all the talk of No Deal is just political posturing and threats to apply pressure and get votes going the way they want, they've been double bluffed already and these threats have been shown to be empty which is why May is now in a desperate position, she know's Parliament will keep calling her bluff until they get what they want hence her reaching out to Corbyn finally.

The only people who want No Deal are the ERG and a few other MP's, they have no power, all they have are their member's votes on motions put to them and they are out numbered even on those motions.

No Deal is fked basically, that happened the moment Leave MP's with a fresh mandate from the referendum result sat back, lit a pipe and handed proceedings over to a camp of Remainer's and said "Sort out Brexit for us".

Leave deserves everything their getting, I have no pity for them at all.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:59 am

The EU could now refuse the extension as the only option she has if they do that is revoking Article 50.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Surprise, surprise.

Extension will be granted to avoid No Deal.

What's more interesting is that Labour have May by the balls, they basically are saying give us a Labour Norway deal or nothing is going to pass.

That leaves May in a right pickle, she either concedes and her party will tear her up but it avoids No Deal but other than that she has no options or enough support left for anything else.

I doubt she'll opt for a referendum because if No Deal wins she'll have no excuse not to carry it out.

She's mentioned if Lab / May can't agree she'll consider more indicative votes on options but to me all that is, is a test to see if her Deal has garnered any more support, which it won't so then she's back in the exact same spot she is now.

Its looking like game, set and match for Labour roundabout now, the Tories have now seen clear as day that Agent May is an EU shill and will do anything to keep us under their thumb so if she loses Corbyn things will get ugly for her, she's played her final hand surely?

https://news.sky.com/story/live-andrea- ... l-11688466
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:55 pm

The big two will take a beating in the upcoming council elections.

In the Newport West by Election we had Labour down by 12%, and the Torys down by 8%.

UKIP were up by 6%, with Plaid Cymru and the Lib Dem’s s up by about 2.5%, and the Greens up by about 3%.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:13 pm

Phil71 wrote:The big two will take a beating in the upcoming council elections.

In the Newport West by Election we had Labour down by 12%, and the Torys down by 8%.

UKIP were up by 6%, with Plaid Cymru and the Lib Dem’s s up by about 2.5%, and the Greens up by about 3%.

There will be a UKIP resurgence but the problem is they have lost a lot of their resources without Farage leading so aren't standing as many candidates as they should.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pudpop » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:25 am

If UKIP do well in your next election it will be a complete farce.

The party that literally ran away after getting what it wanted
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Phil71 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:56 am

Farage is launching a new Party to take part in the European Elections. The Brexit Party.

The European Parliament is going to descend into a farce every time it opens.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:24 pm

You could have some fun with voiceovers here.

“Hey look...Thereeza, I heff a picture of ze Farage man with his knob out!”

“Oh Angela! He does have a big one! Look... it’s poking right out!... Show it to Donald.”

“Oh yes...the Farage man with his big penis.....yes I have seen that one.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politi ... er-an-ipad
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:37 am

Ghosts, goblins, and Brexit
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:44 am

By that time, brexit will have been sealed into its coffin and lowered into a muddy grave.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:27 am

Extension granted till October.

I hope the people who were ever concerned about No Deal can rest assured now, as I said after all the huffing and puffing this was always going to happen, I don't even read their comments like Macron and co anymore because this situation has become easy to read, everyone's cards are already on the table yet the EU continues to claim it has 4 Aces even though we can clearly see they have a busted flush .......... its getting tedious.

All that's left now is for Parliament to fk things up till October then ask for another extension, that would be tragic.

The key to all this now is May giving in completely to Corbyn, meanwhile Labour are just sitting their staunch and waiting, they've realised now that they are the king makers.

May has only got enough whip influence to gather enough numbers to get through whatever Labour's position is ........... that's all.

We're heading for either Labour's Norway or a 2nd Referendum, however the 2nd Ref is the fall back option, I don't think May or Corbyn want to risk a No Deal win by leaving it up to the public.

No Deal is dead.

May's deal is dead.

Only two options left and Norway is ahead by quite some margin imo, that's the one they're actually discussing not the 2nd Referendum.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:58 am

I don't see why we don't put a number of deals together and agreed in principle with the EU and then put them to the people to vote which one to go with. A second referendum to decide which kind of Brexit we want?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:08 pm

In the meantime with this flexible exit date nonsense everything is up in the air.

One example is that everyone from the UK who plans to drive a vehicle on their continental holidays this summer doesn't know if they will need to buy a European permit or not.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Im in Norway right now. I wish our country was a little more like it in many ways aside from politics. The streets are clean, the people are generally polite and intelligent, the standard of living is very high and wages for ordinary workers are very high

Groceries and eating out are expensive and I wouldn't fancy it in winter, but that aside its a wonderful country

Jokes on us when the only thing we have in common with them is being tied to the EU without any influence over it
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:I don't see why we don't put a number of deals together and agreed in principle with the EU and then put them to the people to vote which one to go with. A second referendum to decide which kind of Brexit we want?

............. because its not about what Brexit we want, its about what Brexit Parliament want.

That much is glaringly clear by now.

If it was about us we would of left on the 29th March with No Deal.

Also who's to say the EU won't just shoot down any ideas we put toward them, we can't even get a majority in Parliament for a deal.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate