Chelsea
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Re: 07/04/19 | Everton 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Fenice » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:40 am

elber wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Fenice wrote:Laca gave everything he could. I fault every player but him. He needed help up top but he was trying. When he got help, it wasn’t good enough.

Definitely one of our best players.

Unfortunately we don’t have anywhere near enough like him.

He was a steaming pile of shit today.

The f**k were you watching? He was busting his ass while marked the entire game. He was killing himself for us.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Losmeister » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:43 am

jayramfootball wrote:Just finished watching the game.
Not much to be said except that every single one of our players disgraced the club, not because we lost, but because they were second to every ball, didn;t make runs, had no confidence and basically capitulated.
Brings us back down to earth with a bump and shows just how short we are.
Lacazette was tripe today, as was Ozil - neither were up for the game and Auba was cr*p when he came on - offered nothing.

Who could have any confidence going into the game against Watford?

Once again, cowardly players have not seized the day.

second tier blues
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:17 am

Fenice wrote:
elber wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Fenice wrote:Laca gave everything he could. I fault every player but him. He needed help up top but he was trying. When he got help, it wasn’t good enough.

The f**k were you watching? He was busting his ass while marked the entire game. He was killing himself for us.
Im afraid working hard does not equal playing good.

He was shit. Very shit. Did he even have a shot on target?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby coolaa » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:40 am

If have to ever play Elneny as DM, I would rather have Mustafi there, at least he will fight for the ball, or AMN there and move Jenkinson as RWB. Or Monreal as DM, and Mavropanos as CB.

Include Lichtsteiner and Elneny, no matter how experience they are but no legs would be useless.
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Jedi » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:34 am

Dejan wrote:
Fenice wrote:
elber wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Im afraid working hard does not equal playing good.

He was shit. Very shit. Did he even have a shot on target?

I agree. If all it takes is hard work we didn't need Lacazette. Could have just stuck with Welbeck.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:25 pm

I think Emery had one eye on the Napoli fixture. This could possibly explain the rotation and subsequent performance for this match. It is possible that Emery sees the EL as the easiest way back into the CL. Although it is the most desirable way back into the CL for us, I disagree on the possible notion that it's the easiest way back in given the current circumstances. If the reason we lost this is, indeed, because Emery had an eye on the Napoli fixture, then he needs to be careful which avenue he prioritizes or we could end up not qualifying for the CL at all.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:58 pm

"needs to be careful which avenue he prioritizes or we could end up not qualifying for the CL at all."

you beat me to it... it's a dicey call if you ask me.

in the end.,.. if you are a true first tier club your squaddies shoulda been able to do enough to get you past everton.... as it is... we dont have THAT kind of depth
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:50 pm

Emery has been rotating the squad and playing different formations all season. I'm sure he's aware of the Europa league game but nothing about his team selection suggests he's weakened us to play a stronger team.

We'll probably bring back Aubameyang, Ramsey, Iwobi and depending on fitness we'll see the return of Xhaka. But it's unlikely we'll see Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Ramsey and Xhaka all start together.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby StLGooner » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:01 pm

Well injuries and suspensions caused us to play Elneny and Douzi. Those two had bad games, and that automatically makes us bad in midfield. So extra pressure was put on Ozil and Mkhity, which was probably part of the reason they didn't play well. So Everton played us perfectly, then it was just one of those days were none of the calls or bounces went our way, so that's the result you get if all that happens.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:21 pm

StLGooner wrote:Well injuries and suspensions caused us to play Elneny and Douzi. Those two had bad games, and that automatically makes us bad in midfield. So extra pressure was put on Ozil and Mkhity, which was probably part of the reason they didn't play well. So Everton played us perfectly, then it was just one of those days were none of the calls or bounces went our way, so that's the result you get if all that happens.

I agree on that. Eleney would never have played if not for injuries. Both CM's were poor and that's why we just couldn't get going on attack. I noticed early on how Ozil was dropping into a CM position just to help them out. Mkhitaryan started doing the same which then leads to the midfield being crammed and Lacazette being left isolated. It was physical game and they were pressing hard. That sort of confusion in position made it easier for Everton.

Emery should now by now that you can't get away with two CM's in the middle unless they're both top class and on form otherwise it goes to pot against physical teams that press.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby StLGooner » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:53 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Well injuries and suspensions caused us to play Elneny and Douzi. Those two had bad games, and that automatically makes us bad in midfield. So extra pressure was put on Ozil and Mkhity, which was probably part of the reason they didn't play well. So Everton played us perfectly, then it was just one of those days were none of the calls or bounces went our way, so that's the result you get if all that happens.

I agree on that. Eleney would never have played if not for injuries. Both CM's were poor and that's why we just couldn't get going on attack. I noticed early on how Ozil was dropping into a CM position just to help them out. Mkhitaryan started doing the same which then leads to the midfield being crammed and Lacazette being left isolated. It was physical game and they were pressing hard. That sort of confusion in position made it easier for Everton.

Emery should now by now that you can't get away with two CM's in the middle unless they're both top class and on form otherwise it goes to pot against physical teams that press.

Exactly! Ozil and Mkhi coming back allowed them to squeeze us more, so players either didn't have space, or didn't have options for an outlet, or both at times. We never countered that, or just flat out couldn't break it consistently enough. Seemed like we tried to play a few long balls to keep them honest, but we don't have that type of team, and Laca on his own isn't going to win much, so that was never a threat. In hindsight maybe Ramsey would have been a better option than Elneny in one of the holding roles. I know that's not where he belongs on the pitch, but he probably could have done a better job and then also got forward when needed. Although some of his runs might have left us exposed. But with us playing from the back so often, our two CM's become so important, so if they're having an off day, usually our whole team does.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:29 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Exactly! Ozil and Mkhi coming back allowed them to squeeze us more, so players either didn't have space, or didn't have options for an outlet, or both at times. We never countered that, or just flat out couldn't break it consistently enough. Seemed like we tried to play a few long balls to keep them honest, but we don't have that type of team, and Laca on his own isn't going to win much, so that was never a threat. In hindsight maybe Ramsey would have been a better option than Elneny in one of the holding roles. I know that's not where he belongs on the pitch, but he probably could have done a better job and then also got forward when needed. Although some of his runs might have left us exposed. But with us playing from the back so often, our two CM's become so important, so if they're having an off day, usually our whole team does.

Ramsey would have been better because at least if we have Mkhitaryan and Ozil dropping back to support, he'd be able to get forward and not just stand there. The moment I saw Ozil drop back and Elneny just stand there, I knew we were in for a long day. At that moment, I thought we'd have been better off playing Ozil in the CM role because he can at least distribute the ball.

You can't have these big for nothing CM's that can't make their way around the pitch. Elneny used to be able to do that at least but he is totally gone off the boil compared to his first few months at the club.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:24 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:I think Emery had one eye on the Napoli fixture. This could possibly explain the rotation and subsequent performance for this match. It is possible that Emery sees the EL as the easiest way back into the CL. Although it is the most desirable way back into the CL for us, I disagree on the possible notion that it's the easiest way back in given the current circumstances. If the reason we lost this is, indeed, because Emery had an eye on the Napoli fixture, then he needs to be careful which avenue he prioritizes or we could end up not qualifying for the CL at all.

I think it is more to do with attitude and focus - a holiday in Dubai (completely stupid idea and all to just make even more money) and we come back totally unprepared to get back into the swing of things.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:30 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:I think Emery had one eye on the Napoli fixture. This could possibly explain the rotation and subsequent performance for this match. It is possible that Emery sees the EL as the easiest way back into the CL. Although it is the most desirable way back into the CL for us, I disagree on the possible notion that it's the easiest way back in given the current circumstances. If the reason we lost this is, indeed, because Emery had an eye on the Napoli fixture, then he needs to be careful which avenue he prioritizes or we could end up not qualifying for the CL at all.

I think it is more to do with attitude and focus - a holiday in Dubai (completely stupid idea and all to just make even more money) and we come back totally unprepared to get back into the swing of things.

Looks pretty in the swing of it against Newcastle :dontknow:

People crying over just a bad performance, we had injuries setting us with a shit midfield and therefore the creative wingers didn’t get involved enough. The players weren’t up for it and Everton hurried our game while the ref killed any chance we had of building momentum. Literally just a bad day all round and we need to move on.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19