British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:06 pm

UFGN wrote:I don't want a GE now.

When one comes it should be in the cold light of day when people can look back and say "right, now let's deal with this bunch of c*** "

Rather than them bleating lies about "crisis" and "national interest"

It's they who are the crisis. We'll deal with them later. If there was a ready made alternative to go in and take over I'd be up for it, but there isn't

Red mixed with blue makes brown

We don't need a different shade of shit

We need direction and we need it now, if parliament won't allow us a new referendum (and bear in mind even if every labour MP voted in favour it still would have been defeated) and parliament won't allow a no deal or May's deal then the only way out is a general election.

The other reason that a new referendum is unlikely is that the ERG would rather a new election than a referendum so the second a new referendum seems genuinely likely they will tell Corbyn that their 60 members will support a no confidence vote and boom..... new election.

I honestly don't know what I want from here though. The backstop is way too risky, however I would rather be a prisoner of the EU than the 51st state of America with no power which is what any diabolical US trade deal the Tory right agrees would bring to us along with the death of the NHS, the saturisation of our political and legal system with lobbyists and vultures and no rights or safeguards for anyone. When I think about the threat of a US trade deal it actually puts May's deal in a better light.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:08 pm

UFGN wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:
The fact is there is no majority in Parliament for ANYTHING.

This is why i am furious that the Benn ammendment failed. Every MP should have voted for that, it would have meant that by this time next week we would have a real idea at what is achievable with this parliament and if nothing came up then, assuming sanity returns, we can have a general election.

May's tactic of forcing the choice between her deal and no deal is as treasonous as Farage phoning up his Italian friends and trying to persuade them to veto any extension.

You what now? Isn't colluding with a foreign state to act against your own government actually, literally treasonous?

Yes rumours started on twitter this afternoon and he literally admitted it live on the BBC this evening.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:17 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:I don't want a GE now.

When one comes it should be in the cold light of day when people can look back and say "right, now let's deal with this bunch of c*** "

Rather than them bleating lies about "crisis" and "national interest"

It's they who are the crisis. We'll deal with them later. If there was a ready made alternative to go in and take over I'd be up for it, but there isn't

Red mixed with blue makes brown

We don't need a different shade of shit

We need direction and we need it now, if parliament won't allow us a new referendum (and bear in mind even if every labour MP voted in favour it still would have been defeated) and parliament won't allow a no deal or May's deal then the only way out is a general election.

The other reason that a new referendum is unlikely is that the ERG would rather a new election than a referendum so the second a new referendum seems genuinely likely they will tell Corbyn that their 60 members will support a no confidence vote and boom..... new election.

I honestly don't know what I want from here though. The backstop is way too risky, however I would rather be a prisoner of the EU than the 51st state of America with no power which is what any diabolical US trade deal the Tory right agrees would bring to us along with the death of the NHS, the saturisation of our political and legal system with lobbyists and vultures and no rights or safeguards for anyone. When I think about the threat of a US trade deal it actually puts May's deal in a better light.

Well you've just put in a nutshell why Farage, Mogg and their right wing arseholes want us out of the EU. People who voted leave probably should have spent 10 mins checking the credentials and backgrounds of those telling them leave was a good idea
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:33 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote: Either she has no self awareness or this really is a big controlled scam which she is in on.

C'mon now, she can't be that blind. Now more than ever, I'm certain this is a cross party collusion to cause as much grief and confusion as possible. There is no way on Earth, that the behaviour being shown across the house, by the "best" British politics has to offer at this point, is even close to normal. It's actually at pantomime levels now. Not a peep from the press about it either.

The fact that cabinet ministers atively rebelled against the party whips, without a single resignation or sacking for the first time in history, with barely a mention in the media should tell you everything you need to know. I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist now, so I'll stop, but saying it's hugely irregular is quite the understatement at this point.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:35 pm

Do you guys like having the royal family or would you rather abolish the monarchy completely?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Jedi wrote:Do you guys like having the royal family or would you rather abolish the monarchy completely?

They’re good for the country, and help generate a huge amount of money in trade.

They also do an enormous amount of work for charities, helping raise millions of pounds every year.

All things considered, I think they’re worth keeping.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Jedi wrote:Do you guys like having the royal family or would you rather abolish the monarchy completely?

They’re good for the country, and help generate a huge amount of money in trade.

They also do an enormous amount of work for charities, helping raise millions of pounds every year.

All things considered, I think they’re worth keeping.

Doesn't the royal family cost hundreds of millions every year? And what money do they help generate exactly?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:10 pm

no clue what that link is supposed to tell me tbh
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:10 pm

Funnily enough the Queen may be May's last out now that Bercow has stopped any hope of meaningful vote 3 this session.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:20 pm

Can you blame Bercow for stopping it? Ultimately it's his job to keep order in Parliament and see that the rules are followed

Order has certainly not been kept and as for rules, just about every accepted legislative procedure has been bent over and buggered

It's all very well dishing out conspiracy theories but Bercow is the last person to blame for all this
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:30 pm

All Bercrow has actually done is sped up the inevitable, May was about to waste all our times again with a 3rd pressure vote that would of been voted down again, so I thank the speaker for calling her out on her BS, she's making a mockery of our political system.

Conservatives are flabbergasted like this is some game changer, all its done is moved us up 2 weeks from where we would of been and May's been slapped across the chops and made to look the clown she is.

Can you actually believe they were puling the "Oh but we're going to come back with changes" yeah fool me once, fool me twice.

Now hopefully we can take a step forward, this game of silly buggers because a result means someone will lose has to end, we can't keep doing this farce forever.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:36 pm

Especially given he's against Brexit. All it takes now is for one country in the EU to say no to extension and No Deal is coming whether you like it or not.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:05 am

UFGN wrote:Can you blame Bercow for stopping it? Ultimately it's his job to keep order in Parliament and see that the rules are followed

Order has certainly not been kept and as for rules, just about every accepted legislative procedure has been bent over and buggered

It's all very well dishing out conspiracy theories but Bercow is the last person to blame for all this

Nope he's an egotistical c*** ... his job is to make sure rules are followed, not to unearth some obscure 1604 rule that hasn't been applied in centuries, should he enforce all these as well?

1. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament

2. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down

3. In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store

5. In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter

6. In the UK a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman's helmet

Parliament, however useless a bunch of c**** they have proven to be are elected to represent the British people, Bercow is just an appointed nobody who's job is to ensure the smooth running of parliament not dictate policy or play God.

The egotistical red faced c*** can't leave soon enough ... in chains would be good
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:11 am

EK there is nothing wrong with what he did.

May's been defeated in two land slide votes and she was going to come back with the same deal while we're in a fkin crisis.

As I said ........... waste of time.

Just to note he actually said he wouldn't allow a re-vote UNLESS there were actual changes to the bill as in, changes so it might actually make a difference on whether it gets through, what he's objected to is her running the same deal for a 3rd fkin time.

What he did was common sense let alone anything else, May is taking the piss and making us a laughing stock.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate