In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Jedi » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:38 pm

Ach wrote:Whats a pansexual?

Sex with pans?

Ive heard of heterosexual - straights, homosexual - gay dudes and the transsexuals - confused ones and the bisexual which fucks whatever you want

Just googled it. Pansexual is basically bisexual on steroids.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:52 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I can't think of anything less interesting than gender issues.

Okay besides religion but still.

Completely agree.

The key word you used is "issues" gender as Ang suggested is important to who we are but if people are going to start fighting nature in their minds then good fkin luck to them.

If your gay, your gay, fine, if your gay and like to dress up as a woman, fine, you do you.

But if your gay, like to dress up as a woman and now just because modern technology not nature, but science allows you to tamper with hormones and your DNA given genitalia and you have a hotbed of confusion about it then that is your problem.

Having a load of teen men running around Uni's stating they feel like girls one day and a boy the next is more in tune with mental issues, looking for attention and sympathy from the world?? ............ the good old days when you were just either straight or gay.

What the fk happened?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:55 am

The main issue is this whole conversation about gender and sex is pointless because we disagree about some fundamental things, for example, what is real and what is natural. DG, you assume so much in everything you say that i don't know where to begin unpacking your posts.

For example:
But if your gay, like to dress up as a woman and now just because modern technology not nature, but science allows you to tamper with hormones and your DNA given genitalia and you have a hotbed of confusion about it then that is your problem.

I completely reject your premises here that modern technology isn't part of nature. This whole natural vs artificial dichotomy is a complete illusion. An Iphone factory is as "natural" as a rain forest that no human has never set foot in. An Iphone factory is created by humans but humans are a part of nature and so are our tools and making them is part of our evolutionary skill set the same way building a bird nest is natural to a bird. "Not nature" doesn't exist. Therefore, changing your own sex, if possible, is completely natural.

This is just one example of a false premise you bake into your replies and assume as true.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now let's talk about what is a scientific fact. I don't think i am capable of doing it in English, it being my secondary language and all, but I'll try nonetheless.

When we observe the universe, all we see is particles existing in space-time interacting with one another. We choose to CATEGORIZE these particles into bookmarks because we find it useful to do so. This is what our minds do. They impose this structure onto the universe where we recognize clusters of particles as certain entities. These entities can be rivers, humans, animals, mountains, planets, toilets, an Xbox 360, a grain of salt, or anything else physical we give a name to.

For example, i can pick a cluster of particles and say they are an entity called "knife" and we can all agree that it's that sharp object we have in the kitchen. I can get a steel knife, i can get a plastic knife and i can draw a knife on a piece of paper. All these share something in common, referred to as "the essence" in Philosophy. Now, does "KNIFE" as a concept exist out there in the universe, outside of our minds? No, it's still just particles and If all humans died tomorrow, all our categorizations of these particles would cease to exist. There is nothing in the universe that says "This group of particles are a knife". It's all in our head.

Any rule you project onto the universe is your own. There is no law out there that states "This is how you should categorize male and female". We do it because we find it useful and because it makes our life easier. Who knows, there might be societies in the future that don't even consider categorizing humans into sexes. Yes, penises and vaginas are different, but categorizing people into "males" with penises and "females" with vaginas isn't "reality", it's just a thing we made up.

Penises and vaginas are different = objective fact

definition of "male" is human with a penis and definition of "female" is human with a vagina = not an objective fact, but an abstract categorization that we have no biological imperative to accept.

We could also categorize people into highmoles (a word i just made up for humans with a high number of moles) and lowmoles (humans with a low number of moles). This categorization would be completely valid and every bit as true as males have a penis and females have a vagina. The people we would call highmoles really would have a high number of moles on their bodies and that would be a biological fact. But "highmole" doesn't exist out there in the universe outside our minds the same way "male" doesn't and there is no reason to categorize people that way if they don't want to be categorized that way.
Last edited by Jedi on Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:27 am

Angelito wrote:

Less interesting?

Gender issues and gender determines our social, psychological, and physical lives. In fact, take out gender and sexuality, and you have nothing humanistic left. It's the de facto classification of species and pervades through all of existence including matter.

I mean gender issues as in what Jedi/DG are currently debating.

Trans/gender issues.

Actually, I think it's more boring/a bigger waste of time than religion now that I think about it.

Yeah nothing could be less interesting for me.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:22 am

Jedi wrote:The main issue is this whole conversation about gender and sex is pointless because we disagree about some fundamental things, for example, what is real and what is natural. DG, you assume so much in everything you say that i don't know where to begin unpacking your posts.

For example:

I completely reject your premises here that modern technology isn't part of nature. This whole natural vs artificial dichotomy is a complete illusion. An Iphone factory is as "natural" as a rain forest that's no human has never set foot in. An Iphone factory is created by humans but humans are a part of nature and our tools are also part of nature and making them is part of our evolutionary skillset the same way building a bird nest is natural to a bird. "Not nature" doesn't exist. Therefore, changing your own sex, if possible, is completely natural.

This is just one example of a premise you bake into your replies and assume as true.

I "assume" nothing.

"This whole natural vs artificial dichotomy is a complete illusion"

You can chop your d*ck off, you can put on a wig, you can call yourself Susan but you are a man, you were born a man and your DNA is that of a man, that is not my assumption or opinion by the way.

The things human tech can do about that is all superficial as are your Lefty quasi arguments.

You don't have to agree with me, it doesn't matter, nature is what it is and that's all I need, your fighting reality at the end of the day............ all your doing is thinking I'm being an A-hole for stating the obvious.

That's the issue with you youngin's, you've been raised on this diet of privilege and security that you think you can re-write whatever you want just on brat arrogance and stamping your feet.

You make a mockery of real fighters for rights and civil justice that came before you, Black rights activists, Gay rights activists, the women's rights of 1928.

I remember days in the 80's when "Gay bashing" was a thing, I remember seeing the likes of a Muhammed Ali or watching old scenes of Malcom X who's generation before them would get lynched down south.

............. and you mother fkers cry like babies because someone called you John on a day you woke up and felt like you were Julie?

You have Trans people who can walk the streets, go to nightclubs, go to Uni and be accepted on campus etc yet in the 80's gay men could and would be jumped in the streets.

Your standing on the shoulders of people that were beaten, hung and had their rights completely trampled on if they even had the same rights ............ yet all your lot can come up with is you feel oppressed because you have Mr or Miss on your passport when you'd rather it be something different whenever the mood strikes you.

You guys don't know what real oppression is.

Anyway, sorry for the rant but I've had a triple vodka. ;)
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:24 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Less interesting?

Gender issues and gender determines our social, psychological, and physical lives. In fact, take out gender and sexuality, and you have nothing humanistic left. It's the de facto classification of species and pervades through all of existence including matter.

I mean gender issues as in what Jedi/DG are currently debating.

Trans/gender issues.

Actually, I think it's more boring/a bigger waste of time than religion now that I think about it.

Yeah nothing could be less interesting for me.

We're on the internet writing paragraphs and paragraphs arguing with people we will never meet about which player deserves to be on the field kicking a ball into a f***ing net.

Yea it's all a waste of time, but it comes down to whether you personally get entertainment out of it. I do, and i get to practice my English while doing it.

I'm under no illusion i am going to change any minds though.

DiamondGooner wrote:That's the issue with you youngin's, you've been raised on this diet of privilege and security that you think you can re-write whatever you want just on brat arrogance and stamping your feet.

You guys don't know what real oppression is.

ffs DG we've been over this before. I'm from Serbia. The only thing i was raised on is a diet of depleted uranium bombs, courtesy of NATO. Why do you keep doing this to yourself? :rofll: :rofll:

You don't have to agree with me, it doesn't matter, nature is what it is and that's all I need, your fighting reality at the end of the day............ all your doing is thinking I'm being an A-hole for stating the obvious.

I don't think you're an asshole, i just think you're wrong.

I don't suffer from these things and they generally don't affect me so i don't have a horse in this race. All i care about is the truth and i don't think you have it.

Also i was editing that post as you were responding to it and i added a wall of text that is central to my argument and addresses the "nature and reality" thing you keep mentioning. Probably a waste of time judging from your last reply but it's up there nonetheless. Check it out when you sober up.
Last edited by Jedi on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:34 am

Sports is life tbh.

Gender issues on the other hand, it's a hard no from me.

The Middle East is another subject that couldn't be less interesting to me.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Pudpop » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:17 am

Saying you find gender issues boring as a cisgendered person is like saying you find race issues boring as a white person.

There a people out there who don't get to decide whether or not it's boring, because these issues are a permanent fixture in their lives. By ignoring the issues you are perpetuating them.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:13 am

Pretty boring indeed tbh

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:46 am

Boring as f**k
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:18 am

Very boring.

As for race that's boring as well .......... culture on the other hand is interesting.

In fact saying race is "interesting" is actually inflating racism, because it just underlines difference between people based on skin colour, the only people who find race interesting are the Far Right and Far Left activists.

The last thing that should be interesting about a person is their skin colour.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:45 am

Anyone else hope something happens somewhere in the world so we can talk about that in here other than the crap that's been talked about last couple of pages?

Ffs IS where are you when you're needed?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Jedi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:09 pm

That's what the scroll button is for. Nobody is forcing you to read every post on GW. Being part of this conversation is completely optional.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Labelling it interesting or not is ridiculous. Imagine having thousands of pages on brexit but after two pages on trans rights suddenly that's too boring for you
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:50 pm

The Left certainly don't like being ignored do they. :rofll:

Oh well, lets move on.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee