The Wish List

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: The Wish List

Postby Nejch » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:06 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Apparently Manolas has a 35m euro release clause. If this is true why don't we just go get it done? In fact, why didn't we do that in the summer? Mustafi cost more than than that and Manolas is twice the player

Why would he want to join us?
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TimmeyAFC » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Nejch wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Apparently Manolas has a 35m euro release clause. If this is true why don't we just go get it done? In fact, why didn't we do that in the summer? Mustafi cost more than than that and Manolas is twice the player

Why would he want to join us?

Living in London, playing in the best league in the world, playing with papa sokra, probably higher wages, new challenge, living in London.
TimmeyAFC
Liam Brady

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:18 am

We need to throw big money at lascelles in the summer, sitting in relegation with less goals conceded than us.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:26 pm

That's because Newcastle spend 89 mins sat in their own box
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:04 pm

With Bellerín out for a considerable period of time, if not the entire season we should be looking to sign a new right back.

Lichsteiner has looked well off the pace - it's unlikely he will be offered a new contract and think most of us would agree Niles doesn't look comfortable at RB.

Lyon's Rafael has 5 months left on his contract and has one of their stand-out players in recent seasons.

Shouldn't cost crazy money, or wages. £5-7m and he's probably ours.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby rewb1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:44 pm

id honestly just focus on getting a fullback this January, and in the summer two more fullbacks. The reasons are fullbacks get injured so much is because they work so hard in emerys system.
rewb1
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Sydney Gooner » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:54 am

Zenith wrote:With Bellerín out for a considerable period of time, if not the entire season we should be looking to sign a new right back.

Lichsteiner has looked well off the pace - it's unlikely he will be offered a new contract and think most of us would agree Niles doesn't look comfortable at RB.

Lyon's Rafael has 5 months left on his contract and has one of their stand-out players in recent seasons.

Shouldn't cost crazy money, or wages. £5-7m and he's probably ours.

Looks like Bellerin will be out till November at the earliest.

I'd much rather get in somebody with serious potential like Wan-Bissaka from Palace or better yet a sure thing like Sime Vrsaljko at Inter. Probably have to wait till Summer to get either of those.
Sydney Gooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gooney » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:03 pm

Youcef Atal from nice would be perfect bellerin replacement
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elber » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:32 am

Out >
Cech Retired
Elneny 8M
Pleguezuelo 3M
Monreal Released
Mustafi 15M
Lichtsteiner Released
Ramsey FREE
Xhaka 25M
Mkhitaryan 10M
Ozil LOAN
Welbeck Released
Nketiah LOAN
Nelson LOAN
Smith-Rowe LOAN

In<

Hermoso 30M
Ferland Mendy 25M
Rabiot FREE
Fornals 18M
Pepe 60M

Net spend: 72M

..........................Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Hermoso Mendy
.........Rabiot Torreira Fornals
....Pepe - Auba/Laca - D. Suarez
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby NovaGB » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:07 pm

Right now i would go with

Mustafi out
Xhaka out
Elneny out
Cech out (retiring)
Ramsey Out (free)
Ozil out (because he does not fit Emerys style, despite probably being our best player)
Kolasinac out
Lichtsteiner to the scrap heap, this guy gives me nightmares
Loan out Nkeitah, Smith-Rowe, Dinos and Willock for experience (the 3 attackers to German clubs and Dinos to a relegation battling Premier League team)

Use Monreal one more season until we can get a youngster to compete with Grimaldo, It seems Emery really wants to use a back 4 and Kolasinac is a terrible defender, but great LWB further up the pitch, so we are better off cashing in on him because he will have some resale value.

then..

Sign Welbeck to a 1 year extension on the same wages to be used as 3rd choice striker and Nkeitah needs game time to develop
Use either Ospina or Emi as our number 2 or sell both and buy Pope
Use Chambers as RB cover (also as DM and CB cover) and sign a young RB who can breakthrough.
Use Reiss Nelson on the right, phasing Mkhy out over the next season to sell season after

1 of Pepe/Pavon/Lozano/Under/Zaha or similar to play RW
Nkunku as rotation b2b
Ndombele or Rabiot on a free (which probably would not happen because of his wages) as starting b2b
Manolas
Alex Grimaldo
Carrasco or Suarez for LW

Then i would play like this, which may be unrealsitic in functioning as a unit (but looks good on paper)......

----------------------------Lacazette-------------------------
-------Auba--------------------------------------New RW--
-----------------------------New B2B------------------------
-------------------Gunedozi-----Torreira-----------------
Grimaldo--------Manolas---Sokratis--------Bellerin
--------------------------------Leno----------------------------

Or if money is tight, sign players like N'Zonzi and Banega to make us more solid with view offloading them once we are back in champions league with better players.

I wouldn't personally keep Suarez but i think we need more utility players, i love Carrasco, although i like having Auba and Laca upfront interchanging, maybe on paper, even though they link well, its not ideal, i think a RW is a must at the expense of Mesut Ozil who is aging, not getting on with the boss and earning crazy money.

I think every top club in Europe now is using these pressing style formations like 343 and 433 and the stationary advanced playmaker number 10 style role is becoming outdated and he can't really play anywhere else, only Bayern off of the top of my head use a number 10 most weeks, obviously teams do use them on occasion, but he is a expensive 'bit part' player to have, so thats my reasoning on that one.

I keep hearing about this Fornals guy, maybe he is a option, never seen him myself, but thats overall what i would do.

Obviously i'd love Rabiot but i think he will be asking for Ramsey/Juve style wages, and we really do not want to be in that boat, i think 200k is maximum what we should be paying to a top player weekly given that our board inserts no cash into the club, plus if hes a flop, or falls out with players/manager (he is notoriously difficult) we will be stuck with another Ozil liek situation, a expensive bit part player.

I don't want us to sell Guendozi, but if 60m came in for him like the PSG rumors i'd take it and use it to strengthen.

I also think if we are changing up that maybe a false 9 or target man would work better infront of/alongside Auba or Laca rather than playing both, because i think Lacas game is affected by having to support Auba, being a more attacking player naturally, hes not the ideal player for the role imo (although he plays his heart out trying to do it).

I don't know whos really available for that outside of the obvious aging ones like Benzema and Giroud (shudder), there will obviously be players like that out there, but with Welbeck looking like he is going to get released, it would be nice to see some kind of player like that upfront, with Auba left and a winger right, then a CAM that is more defensive as well as attacking like Banega if playing 4231, or scrapped for a B2B if we are playing a 3 man midfield or 3 defenders.

I love the idea of Manolas and Sokratis but i do think that Holding would be needed at the back with the way Emery plays.

We could also play like this with if i'm being realistic about function...

---------------Support Striker?-------------
Auba------------Banega----------------Pepe
------------B2B MF------Torreira-------------
Grimaldo--Manolas--Holding--Bellerin
-------------------------Leno----------------------

Carrasco--------------Aubameyang----------------Pepe
-----------------------B2B MF-----Torreira------------------
Kolasinac--Sokratis--Manolas--Holding--Bellerin
-------------------------------Leno------------------------------

Which on paper does not look as good, but will be more functional both ways in attack and possibly in defence (jury is out).

Excuse wall of text :D
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby weaponx57 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:38 am

How come we are not looking at David Brooks of Bournemouth? That kid is very good like a Ramsey 2.0 with upgrades.

Also I'd rather we as a club start looking more at South American players rather than European and African we have way too many of those already.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby KG3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:33 pm

The main priority in the summer should be a fast winger and tall, strong and athletic CB, just look at how Mane transformed that Liverpool attack when he first came in a few years back or Van Dijks impact on that Liverpool defence.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Isco, Keylor Navas, Toni Kroos, Dani Carvajal, Casemiro and Marcelo now up for sale.

Bring them all bar Kroos home.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:05 pm

Giovani Lo Celso
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Dejan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:32 pm