In Arsène We Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Crescit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Merci Arsène

Postby Ach » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:57 pm

As hated as he is by all true Arsenal fans and rightly so, I have no problem listening to him about the good old days.

The senility hasn't fully set in yet and I'm glad he can remember such moments.

Swipe right pubber interviewing him was annoying though
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:02 pm

Yup, dipshit and dipshit editing

Its impossibile to look back at the good times and not be happy, some fraud fans if you can't do that.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ag6789 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:38 pm

Are we better w/o him or after him?
Jury is out there.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:12 pm

ag6789 wrote:Are we better w/o him or after him?
Jury is out there.

Not only is it currently a yes league standing wise in a new manager's debut season with Wenger's own players but worst off is Wenger was retiring this year ANYWAY.

His followers act like we booted him out 5 years early or something.

Its retarded beyond belief that they'll troll the new manager forever more just because Wenger left 12 months early.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:30 pm

Wenger's own players?

When will we address that we've bought Sokratis, Torreira, Guendouzi, Leno, and Lichtsteiner? When will we understand that Auba only played for 4 months under Wenger and was ineligible for the EL?

It's one thing praising Emery. It's another thing spinning it to make it seem like something it's not.

Wenger's time had come at Arsenal. That doesn't negate his historic achievements at the club.

Emery can be successful irrespective of Arsene Wenger. It's his job. He is the present. It's on him now.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:09 pm

Ach wrote:As hated as he is by all true Arsenal fans and rightly so, I have no problem listening to him about the good old days.

The senility hasn't fully set in yet and I'm glad he can remember such moments.

Swipe right pubber interviewing him was annoying though

Thanks ACH. Did you like me new suit? Bought it at Topman over Christmas.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:22 pm

You would shop at Topman.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby swipe right » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:04 am

He’s right about Wiltord though. Never got the credit he deserved. To think we had Henry, wiltord and Kanu as options. Damn.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:47 am

ag6789 wrote:Are we better w/o him or after him?
Jury is out there.

Of course we are better without him!! Wenger in his final years was unbearable, I hated football at all levels for the last 4 or so years so much so I hardly watched any of the games in the Euro Champs or World Cups.

Emery proved there is life after Wenger, he made us competitive in games against almost all of our domestic rivals. For that alone it is good riddance to Wenger. My love for football has returned. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate those good times with Wenger though.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:48 am

Angelito wrote:Wenger's own players?

When will we address that we've bought Sokratis, Torreira, Guendouzi, Leno, and Lichtsteiner? When will we understand that Auba only played for 4 months under Wenger and was ineligible for the EL?

It's one thing praising Emery. It's another thing spinning it to make it seem like something it's not.

Wenger's time had come at Arsenal. That doesn't negate his historic achievements at the club.

Emery can be successful irrespective of Arsene Wenger. It's his job. He is the present. It's on him now.

Exactly !! Almost half the team are not Wenger players, people seem unable to admit that.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:55 am

swipe right wrote:He’s right about Wiltord though. Never got the credit he deserved. To think we had Henry, wiltord and Kanu as options. Damn.

He didn't do anything that warranted more credit though, to be honest. Yes, he worked hard and yes he was played out of position wide right for most of his time. This totally affected the quality of his game but more importantly, his output.

He lost the ball a lot, didn't create a lot and was generally as inconsistent as any of the current batch of inconsistent players we have, which as I alluded to, was not his fault because he was out of position.

So, ok, in that respect he deserves more credit but not credit as in he performed better than people thought - because he didn't, he was frustrating as f**k!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:30 pm

theHotHead wrote:Exactly !! Almost half the team are not Wenger players, people seem unable to admit that.

Arsenal players v Southampton

Leno
Lichtsteiner - Substituted for Koscielny at 56'minutes
Mustafi
Papastathopoulos
Kolasinac
Torreira
Xhaka
Mkhitaryan
Ramsey - Substituted for Özil at 63'minutes
Iwobi - Substituted for Aubameyang at 75'minutes
Lacazette

So 14 players used - only 4 of whom were not Wonger players ... that's only just over quarter of the team ... you seem to be unable to do basic math. If you can't get simple facts right your argument is always going to look pretty desperate and weak ...

Compared to the turgid rubbish we had to watch for most of last season at least there's some joy at the Emirates now ... can't you see that?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:44 pm

I think it's too early to tell if we are better off without Wenger right now. That's just me being honest. I don't want him back, but I hate that people that wanted him to leave aren't man enough to admit that he was still an excellent manager in his time and changed Arsenal for the better. I still believe he brought more good to the club than bad, so it's all so very cringe worthy to see so called fans saying they hate the man or don't respect his work throughout his career here. It's ok to admit fellas, it doesn't mean you think he should be back and still coaching us. Some people just can't get past their agendas.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:18 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Exactly !! Almost half the team are not Wenger players, people seem unable to admit that.

Arsenal players v Southampton

Leno
Lichtsteiner - Substituted for Koscielny at 56'minutes
Mustafi
Papastathopoulos
Kolasinac
Torreira
Xhaka
Mkhitaryan
Ramsey - Substituted for Özil at 63'minutes
Iwobi - Substituted for Aubameyang at 75'minutes
Lacazette

So 14 players used - only 4 of whom were not Wonger players ... that's only just over quarter of the team ... you seem to be unable to do basic math. If you can't get simple facts right your argument is always going to look pretty desperate and weak ...

Compared to the turgid rubbish we had to watch for most of last season at least there's some joy at the Emirates now ... can't you see that?

As usual your deliberate and frankly pathetic use of half truths reflect the fact that you cannot win any argument or discussion. Firstly the 5 players Angelito listed have all been regular starters in the same team in 2019. Thats a fact. Thats 45% of the team and as close to 50% as you can get without going over.

You try to make the figure less by referring to the last game and by including the subs.

And I haven't even taken into account the fact that Auba wasn't a Wenger player either.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:24 pm

theHotHead wrote:As usual your deliberate and frankly pathetic use of half truths reflect the fact that you cannot win any argument or discussion. Firstly the 5 players Angelito listed have all been regular starters in the same team in 2019. Thats a fact. Thats 45% of the team and as close to 50% as you can get without going over.

You try to make the figure less by referring to the last game and by including the subs.

Ok ... so let's take any guesswork out of the equation and look at their total starting appearances this season .... let's have a 1,000 pound charity bet on whether the amount of EPL games started by the 5 players Angelito has listed amounts to nearer 25% as I said, or 50% as you believe ...

We will use your criteria 'starters this season' and see where we get to ... and as you requested we will ignore subs.

So games played in the EPL so far this season is 27, that's a total of 297 starters .... can you agree with that?

The fab five Sokratis, Torreira, Guendouzi, Leno, and Lichtsteiner have started 17 + 19 + 17 + 20 + 8 respectively a total of 81 EPL games started .... those statistics are available on any site, this one is as good as any https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/13/Show/England-Arsenal

You go ahead work out that percentage ... then pick any charity you like for your donation .....

If you're going to join an argument at least check your facts first ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club