The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Phil71 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Whyte wouldn’t have a chance against Wilder or Fury.

Doesn't matter, he still deserves a title shot if he beats Breazeale and its still a fight I def want to see, specifically him vs Wilder which could be a great fight.

He definitely has a good chance against Breazeale. I don’t rate him highly at all.

I think Wilder would catch him, and knock him out.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Warren just announced Fury signed with ESPN. This very much complicates Fury vs Wilder rematch as Wilder is with Showtime. Potentially could be off.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Loooool

Got to admire fury and his creative ways of ducking fights.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:29 pm

Jedi wrote:Warren just announced Fury signed with ESPN. This very much complicates Fury vs Wilder rematch as Wilder is with Showtime. Potentially could be off.

No way.

They'll find a way to make it happen, but yeah seems weird if it conflicts matters, they could of done that after the rematch so .......... what Ach said.

Ok just read the articles, yeah, seems more serious than I thought .......... why the hell would Fury do this?

VaVa your boys gone loco, you may laugh at AJ's Miller fight but he's the only one who's actually got a fight right now.

This is ridiculous if Wilder vs Fury is off.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:43 pm

Actually wait didn't the WBC call for this fight?

There are purse bids starting for this next week isn't there so if this has been demanded by Wilder's belt division doesn't it have to be made?

............ but then I suppose Fury isn't beholden to them at all, he doesn't care about the WBC's rankings because he can just fight for another belt division.

This is a very weird move, the only thing I can think of is that they didn't want to turn down the deal and it removes all the dodgy arrangements and show being all Wilder's i.e the whole show being a Showtime and Wilder co promotion.

If its on ESPN then Fury may think he'll get a better judge decision?

Who know's, but this is a weird move because he may of just pushed himself out of fights for Wilder and AJ.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:02 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Actually wait didn't the WBC call for this fight?

There are purse bids starting for this next week isn't there so if this has been demanded by Wilder's belt division doesn't it have to be made?

............ but then I suppose Fury isn't beholden to them at all, he doesn't care about the WBC's rankings because he can just fight for another belt division.

This is a very weird move, the only thing I can think of is that they didn't want to turn down the deal and it removes all the dodgy arrangements and show being all Wilder's i.e the whole show being a Showtime and Wilder co promotion.

If its on ESPN then Fury may think he'll get a better judge decision?

Who know's, but this is a weird move because he may of just pushed himself out of fights for Wilder and AJ.

Yes WBC called for it and ESPN could win purse bid, that's the issue.

Al Haymon isn't going to let Wilder fight on ESPN. Simple as that. I'm really not sure what will happen now.

Arum's (head of Top Ranker) comments on Al Haymon from before:
Arum previously labelled Wilder’s adviser Al Haymon as a cancer and difficult to work with.

He said: “He won’t co-operate with anyone, he’s cancer on the business. Just look at his actions over the last three years.

“He won’t deal with anybody, he won’t make fights with anybody, he’d rather sacrifice business and deprive his fighters of millions to keep everything close to his vest like a miser.”

People saying that if Fury and ESPN win the purse bid Wilder will have to vacate the belt because there is no way in hell he is fighting on ESPN. Looooool. This was actually a brilliant chess move by Fury (or Warren that is)
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:27 pm

That is fkin crazy.

Wilder ....... must ........be ..........fuming!!!!

Back to begging AJ for a title shot now then.

AJ must be shaking his head at this, had to sign on for Miller to wait for everyone else to crack on and move forward and now the rematch looks to be blown up.

Eddie Hearn must be laughing his bollocks off.

VaVa avoiding this thread like the plague, his idol Tyson has just crushed his dreams.

(I even sent him a PM to get him to show up)
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby quickeyg » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:52 pm

The casual boxing fan doesn't understand. Here's someone who will explain it all. Remember the Wilder vs Fury draw voids the rematch contract - both fighters are free to do anything, go anywhere.
quickeyg
Liam Brady

Postby Phil71 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:25 pm

Good luck to Fury.

Why shouldn’t he secure his future?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:09 pm

quickeyg wrote:The casual boxing fan doesn't understand. Here's someone who will explain it all. Remember the Wilder vs Fury draw voids the rematch contract - both fighters are free to do anything, go anywhere.

Pathetic attempt to crap on Dazn, people will learn quickly what's going to happen there, other networks are shutting down while Dazn is cornering the stream market.

They just signed Canleo and have Joshua, two of the biggest stars in boxing.

I'm sure Dazn are crying into their milk.

As for "potential" viewers. yeah potential is right, outside of the Fury rematch what has Wilder done, barely sold out halls which is why he gets £2m per fight, Fury is yet to be seen what he can do on his own outside of Wilder so will judge that when it happens.
Joshua on the other hand sells out 100k seater stadiums, gets paid more money than either of these two ........... and your trying to throw shade?

That's like you pulling up in your Skoda alongside someone driving a Ferrari and yelling "Your cars sh*t mate" and expecting that to hurt, you look ridiculous.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:19 pm

Don’t think boxers should be allowed to sign exclusivity deals with certain TV/streaming platforms

Ruins the integrity of the sport but of course they’re entitled to get their £££
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:22 pm

So Fury is with ESPN and Arum, Wilder is with Showtime and Haymon and Joshua is with DAZN and Hearn?

Lol, we're f***ked lads.

Can't blame Fury for taking a deal worth over $100 million, but boxing fans lose unless they agree to cross promotions, which, given the egos of the promoters involved is highly unlikely.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:04 am

Sims wrote:Don’t think boxers should be allowed to sign exclusivity deals with certain TV/streaming platforms

Ruins the integrity of the sport but of course they’re entitled to get their £££

Yeah agree.

All the stations have gone in and grabbed themselves a top HW each.

They're offering top whack because there's only 3 of them.

My issue with this move if it indeed has cancelled the Deontay fight is why?, why not do it after?

This seems like ducking to me, its as if they wanted to get the deal signed before Fury possibly lost and lost his cache.

Don't know how you can excuse this move VaVa seeing as you were saying Fury is coming to take his title, now what?

Joshua went from looking bad to the only guy who was willing to fight them all imo, Deontay is holding corn, if he can't get Fury he'll have to go begging to Joshua after all his "I don't need him" attitude.

I mean wtf are they going to do now?

Breazeale is fighting Whyte, AJ is fighting Miller, if Fury vs Wilder is off ........... those two fools will be sitting around doing nothing, AJ isn't fighting till June ffs, this is all very shady movements from Fury.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:09 pm

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:56 pm

James Degale vs Eubank Jr on tonight.

Can't wait, going to be a good battle, anyone else watching?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing