Mattéo Guendouzi

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Matteo Guendouzi (29)

Postby Angelito » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:15 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:Sounds very Emeryball to sell one of our shining lights this season—and a world class potential—to buy unenthusiastic, devoid of creativity, hard-working, younger versions of Garry Barry who could play on the flanks.

But then again it's the Express. Yet, I find this believable.

If Xhaka were Xabi Alonso, we'd be looking to ship him out too. Luckily, he isn't, which is why he's Emery's second name on the team sheet; first being Iwobi.

I won't lie though. Part of me wants to see the shit show of Arsenal losing Ozil, Ramsey, and Guendouzi in the summer just to see what excuses people come up with to defend him.

Either way, 'Douzi has been chumming with Ozil and gotta break 'em cliques so that Unai Emery could stamp his authority.

............... and the silliest post today goes to?

There's so much wrong with this post I don't know where to start, but seeing as its agenda driven there's no point because subjective honesty was never the intention.

Oh ......... and if we were to get £60m for Guendouzi what club wouldn't sell for that kind of profit, you could buy a ready made top class midfielder for that money and keep the change.

But the story is bollocks, who the hell in their right mind would pay £60m for Guendouzi?

Uhm, I wouldn't put it past this Arsenal administration to sell Guendouzi after what's gone on with Ramsey and Ozil. There were also rumors in the summer that we wanted to offload Lacazette, which looked ridiculous at the time but anything can happen at Arsenal.

You're in your fairyland as far as Arsenal goes, so you won't quite get it. Selling a 19-year-old boy with world class potential is as daft as it gets. It doesn't matter to me at this stage whether these rumors are true because we've proven to be a poorly run club.

You cannot buy any top class player for £60m these days. Guendouzi has a high ceiling. He's not great today but he has the potential. It's like contemplating selling Cesc in 2005. Not quite at the same level but the quality is there for us to see.

Honestly, the way you're going, I wouldn't be surprised if you defended a swap deal between Giroud and Lacazette.

Lastly, even if we sold Guendouzi for £100m, don't be surprised when you hear Ornstein say that we now have an increased budget of £70m to spend—from the previously touted £45m.

I can't fathom why Arsenal fans seem to bury their head in the sand right now. We're Arsenal. We let players' contracts run down. We sell our best players. We have a hands-off/useless owner. And, now we don't even play attacking football.

I'm baffled by Gooners' loyalty and patience. It's also commendable. I certainly can't pretend to think everything is fine when the house seems to be burning.

But let's just go back pretending that we don't sell our best players or have the second worst owner in the PL. It's cushy that way.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:13 am

Angelito wrote:Uhm, I wouldn't put it past this Arsenal administration to sell Guendouzi after what's gone on with Ramsey and Ozil. There were also rumors in the summer that we wanted to offload Lacazette, which looked ridiculous at the time but anything can happen at Arsenal.

You're in your fairyland as far as Arsenal goes, so you won't quite get it. Selling a 19-year-old boy with world class potential is as daft as it gets. It doesn't matter to me at this stage whether these rumors are true because we've proven to be a poorly run club.

You cannot buy any top class player for £60m these days. Guendouzi has a high ceiling. He's not great today but he has the potential. It's like contemplating selling Cesc in 2005. Not quite at the same level but the quality is there for us to see.

Honestly, the way you're going, I wouldn't be surprised if you defended a swap deal between Giroud and Lacazette.

Lastly, even if we sold Guendouzi for £100m, don't be surprised when you hear Ornstein say that we now have an increased budget of £70m to spend—from the previously touted £45m.

I can't fathom why Arsenal fans seem to bury their head in the sand right now. We're Arsenal. We let players' contracts run down. We sell our best players. We have a hands-off/useless owner. And, now we don't even play attacking football.

I'm baffled by Gooners' loyalty and patience. It's also commendable. I certainly can't pretend to think everything is fine when the house seems to be burning.

But let's just go back pretending that we don't sell our best players or have the second worst owner in the PL. It's cushy that way.

So it doesn't matter to you whether its just rumours ........... or a fact.

Pretty much sums up your attitude recently, it doesn't matter if its true, it only matters if it fuels your campaign of negativity.

Now everything you spouted after that basically trying to tell me what I think, I have to take issue with.

Who told you that I'm happy about how we're run? who told you that I'm satisfied with how things are going?

Who told you these things, because it certainly wasn't me?

Or is it just because I don't want to take Emery out in front of the crowds and shoot him blind folded and I said I will give him a season before any attempt of "Emery Out" means I've drank the koolaide?

No, I'm just not willing to be miserable for two seasons, I did enough of that with Wenger for the last 3 years.

As for Lacazette being sold, again, rumour and if it were to happen I'd be fkin livid, but I'm not going to be livid for no reason, he didn't get sold, he's here .......... so is Guendouzi.

As for the £60m I would do it or at least not be mad about it, Guendouzi may not get better than he is now, even if he did £60m is a good price for any midfielder, its only strikers and Wing forwards who go for more than that money anyway on average.

Just to make it clear, I'm not pulling you up on these sorts of posts because I'm loyal or whatever BS you keep accusing me of, I'm doing it because they're either not true or way ott reactionary.

Honestly I'm worried for you .......... if you carry on like this your gonna end up on Prozac.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:14 am

Angelito wrote:Sounds very Emeryball to sell one of our shining lights this season—and a world class potential—to buy unenthusiastic, devoid of creativity, hard-working, younger versions of Garry Barry who could play on the flanks.

But then again it's the Express. Yet, I find this believable.

If Xhaka were Xabi Alonso, we'd be looking to ship him out too. Luckily, he isn't, which is why he's Emery's second name on the team sheet; first being Iwobi.

I won't lie though. Part of me wants to see the shit show of Arsenal losing Ozil, Ramsey, and Guendouzi in the summer just to see what excuses people come up with to defend him.

Either way, 'Douzi has been chumming with Ozil and gotta break 'em cliques so that Unai Emery could stamp his authority.

It would be f***ing retarded to potentially ship Ramsey, Ozil, and Guendouzi out in the same summer. How do you properly replace that without spending at least £80 million (£60 million if we end up signing Suarez)? We'll be left with Torreira, Suarez (jury is still out), and.......Xhaka...and El Neny, while looking to replace 2-3 positions.

Spurs and Liverpool were fortunate in that they could sell 'luxury' players. Spurs used the Bale money (ineffectively, but ultimately helped them get to where they are now) for multiple positions to create a solid foundation on which to build from, and Liverpool used the Coutinho money to shore up their CB and GK situations.

If we're looking to raise funds this summer (and this will be unpopular but dgaf), I'd rather try to get >£60 million for Lacazette/Aubameyang, and use that money for an up-and-coming winger and a CB. That'd weaken our attack, but it'd be better to have a more well-rounded team. Our midfield is already going to be weaker with the loss of Ramsey and maybe Ozil, and I'd rather not take one step forward and two steps back. We've done enough of that over the years.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Dynamite » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:43 am

According to the Express

Stopped reading there
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Sims » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:23 am

No point selling for £60m

Maybe £100m in two-three years
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:Uhm, I wouldn't put it past this Arsenal administration to sell Guendouzi after what's gone on with Ramsey and Ozil. There were also rumors in the summer that we wanted to offload Lacazette, which looked ridiculous at the time but anything can happen at Arsenal.

So it doesn't matter to you whether its just rumours ........... or a fact.

Pretty much sums up your attitude recently, it doesn't matter if its true, it only matters if it fuels your campaign of negativity.

Now everything you spouted after that basically trying to tell me what I think, I have to take issue with.

Who told you that I'm happy about how we're run? who told you that I'm satisfied with how things are going?

Who told you these things, because it certainly wasn't me?

Or is it just because I don't want to take Emery out in front of the crowds and shoot him blind folded and I said I will give him a season before any attempt of "Emery Out" means I've drank the koolaide?

No, I'm just not willing to be miserable for two seasons, I did enough of that with Wenger for the last 3 years.

As for Lacazette being sold, again, rumour and if it were to happen I'd be fkin livid, but I'm not going to be livid for no reason, he didn't get sold, he's here .......... so is Guendouzi.

As for the £60m I would do it or at least not be mad about it, Guendouzi may not get better than he is now, even if he did £60m is a good price for any midfielder, its only strikers and Wing forwards who go for more than that money anyway on average.

Just to make it clear, I'm not pulling you up on these sorts of posts because I'm loyal or whatever BS you keep accusing me of, I'm doing it because they're either not true or way ott reactionary.

Honestly I'm worried for you .......... if you carry on like this your gonna end up on Prozac.

Idk and idc.

You seem to get riled up for no reason. You yourself have been in the too-positive Emery camp that you're overlooking our shortcomings. We're on the brink of being eliminated by Bate Borisov in the EL. We've been playing awful football.

To be concerned about the state we're in; to be concerned about having a manager who's lost the dressing room before and has shown, so far, that he's unable to manage the biggest of names - it's not being negative. It's being skeptical.

There is a reason behind my skepticism.

You're advocating that we let Ramsey, Ozil, and Guendouzi all leave in the summer as if we're going to re-invest the money back into the squad.

Emery Out isn't a movement yet. But Unai isn't doing himself any favors.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:11 pm

People were slagging this guy off just a few games ago because he was careless and lost possession like, you know, you'd expect a 19yo to do against PL competition.

But wait PSG want him? He is world class, we cannot sell, f**k Emery the money grubbing prick with full control over this decision.

Bunch of nutters on this forum, honestly.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:57 pm

Can't be arsed anymore. Angelito, you can keep pointing your anger at Emery for selling off players etc. But it's not going to change the fact he has little control over this.

Complain about ozil, but what was happening with him when he had a friendly manager in AW that played him when he wanted and we still got mysterious bouts of illness for crunch matches, sub par performances against big teams mostly and a lack of fight against hard tackling high press teams.

Bashing Emery is letting kronke walk all over you Scott free just because of your fandom for an over paid player that can't or wont play.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Zedie wrote:Can't be arsed anymore. Angelito, you can keep pointing your anger at Emery for selling off players etc. But it's not going to change the fact he has little control over this.

Same could be said for Wenger. We wanted him gone for a reason.

Complain about ozil, but what was happening with him when he had a friendly manager in AW that played him when he wanted and we still got mysterious bouts of illness for crunch matches, sub par performances against big teams mostly and a lack of fight against hard tackling high press teams.

- Because we only remember Arsenal of 17/18. Prior to that it was either WengerRocks FC or North London Gunners FC.
- There is no high press at Arsenal. Liverpool isn't Arsenal. Dude!

Bashing Emery is letting kronke walk all over you Scott free just because of your fandom for an over paid player that can't or wont play.

Because Wenger was hounded a year after we won a trophy and after two decades of top-4 finishes. Moreover, Arsenal's favorite Ornstein had stated that Wenger stayed beyond 2017 because we didn't have a structure in place.

As with Wenger, I'll be consistent: Kroenke doesn't tell him to play 7-8 defensive-minded players. Kroenke isn't responsible for his horrific record with big name players. Kroenke isn't telling him to play a dire brand of defensive football.

I want Emery to succeed. As much as I love Ozil, I love Arsenal more. But I cannot support a clueless manager over the only world class player we have.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:58 pm

Angelito wrote:
Zedie wrote:Can't be arsed anymore. Angelito, you can keep pointing your anger at Emery for selling off players etc. But it's not going to change the fact he has little control over this.

Same could be said for Wenger. We wanted him gone for a reason.

22 years versus 22 weeks managing the club. You're purposely judging both managers by the same yard sticks while ignoring the insanely different periods they managed over. You know Wenger had a significant influence on signings over 22 years. Emery has been here how many weeks and hes supposed to have fully implemented his philosophy to ride head and shoulders above Wenger? Ok mate. Also, this isn't Wenger vs Emery. This is ridiculous expectations vs Emery.

- Because we only remember Arsenal of 17/18. Prior to that it was either WengerRocks FC or North London Gunners FC.
- There is no high press at Arsenal. Liverpool isn't Arsenal. Dude!

We can't press as a norm because we don't have the full backs or wingers in our squad with the energy.

Teams destroy us routinely because we can't cope with their press. Ozil in the team when being pressed is as useful as Walcott on the wings when the opposition has parked the bus.

Cardiff
Southampton
Liverpool
City
Palace

Anyone with an ounce of energy gives us serious issues.

Because Wenger was hounded a year after we won a trophy and after two decades of top-4 finishes. Moreover, Arsenal's favorite Ornstein had stated that Wenger stayed beyond 2017 because we didn't have a structure in place.

As with Wenger, I'll be consistent: Kroenke doesn't tell him to play 7-8 defensive-minded players. Kroenke isn't responsible for his horrific record with big name players. Kroenke isn't telling him to play a dire brand of defensive football.

See above. We quite specifically do not have the quality or ability in the squad to cope with the opponents of today's modern game. We play defensively against big opposition because we have iwobi giving away passes 50 seconds into the match, lichtensteiner in for bellerin who cannot keep up with his own shadow let alone the likes of Alli, mane, sane, zaha etc.

We have mustafi who can find a way to give up a chance while sat in a back 7.

You want Emery to somehow triumph against this shite? Please stop.

Show me 3 managers you think could do a better job with this squad and I'll show you someone whose in La la land.

I want Emery to succeed. As much as I love Ozil, I love Arsenal more. But I cannot support a clueless manager over the only world class player we have.

Ozil has one truly world class ability, but it relies on being in a world class team with poor opposition to work.

He performed in the WC winning German team and real because he was surrounded by the elite.

Hes currently surrounded by iwobi, xhaka, mustafi, lichtenestiner etc. I actually want to see him play every match so you lot can explain why our midfield is being overrun again and why he can't get a pass off because he fell to the floor after being surrounded by 2 pressers.

Hes great for specific situations, but more often than not, these situations are fewer and further between as the squad declines in quality and even the shit teams have a go.

If that's worth more than giving a manager a chance to implement his own vision, then carry on.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:16 pm

Angelito wrote:Idk and idc.

You seem to get riled up for no reason. You yourself have been in the too-positive Emery camp that you're overlooking our shortcomings. We're on the brink of being eliminated by Bate Borisov in the EL. We've been playing awful football.

To be concerned about the state we're in; to be concerned about having a manager who's lost the dressing room before and has shown, so far, that he's unable to manage the biggest of names - it's not being negative. It's being skeptical.

There is a reason behind my skepticism.

You're advocating that we let Ramsey, Ozil, and Guendouzi all leave in the summer as if we're going to re-invest the money back into the squad.

Emery Out isn't a movement yet. But Unai isn't doing himself any favors.

I don't get "riled up" more irritated .......... because you're not dumb and you know half of this crap isn't true yet you continue to bang the drum using it like false news.

All that I've highlighted above is wrong, and I could pick holes in that sort of number about all of your last 3 posts.

Its hard to have a conversation with someone who is deliberately being asinine.

............ but carry on.

I'm not ignoring our issues I've mentioned them frequently recently (playing 3-4-3, not playing our best players etc).

We're nowhere near "On the brink of being eliminated by Bate" we're 1 goal down and playing at home, what's the bet we end up 3-1 win in total?

I'm not advocating we sell Ozil or Guendouzi (I said I wouldn't moan if we got £60m for him), Ramsey is leaving and that's not even the current regimes fault.

So there you have it, I'm not pulling you up to "stick up for Emery" I'm pulling you up for talking bollocks and jumping the gun.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:14 pm

I’d love to see this...
———Ozil
Rabiot—Guendozi

Combination of craft and graft.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:45 am

Arsenal boss Unai Emery has brushed off reports Paris St-Germain are considering a £60m move for the Gunners' France Under-21 midfielder Matteo Guendouzi, 19. (Football.London)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Rastayouth » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:42 am

DiamondGooner wrote:... what's the bet we end up 3-1 win in total?

DG knows
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby indy23 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:03 pm

I mean 60 m damn. Loll thanks sven
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to World Football