14/02/19 | BATE Borisov 1-0 Arsenal | Europa League

Re: 14/02/19 | BATE Borisov vs Arsenal | Europa League

Postby Rockape » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:03 pm

starmandb wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:This is a performance way worse than I could have ever imagined.

The club should refund the fans who went this game for this complete and utter disgrace.

We have just seen our north London neighbours dismantle the number 1 team in the Bundesliga and we are struggling to create against BATE f***ing Borisov?? I truly f***ing despair.

Just like Bayern Munich in 12/13
They lost 3 games that season
One was in the bundesliga
One was a 2-0 home defeat to Arsenal
And the other was a 3-1 defeat at bate borisov

That's actually quite funny! :lol:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: 14/02/19 | BATE Borisov 1-0 Arsenal | Europa League

Postby Dejan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Santi wrote:I’m actually gutted, it’s worked out so bad I’d really rather have Wenger and that kills me.

Unai out, DG and his band of ‘wait til the end of the season’ c*** can f**k off.

Btw we will win at home and progress, it makes no difference.
f**k off yourself m8

Unai the don

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby BrunelGooner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:49 pm

starmandb wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:This is a performance way worse than I could have ever imagined.

The club should refund the fans who went this game for this complete and utter disgrace.

We have just seen our north London neighbours dismantle the number 1 team in the Bundesliga and we are struggling to create against BATE f***ing Borisov?? I truly f***ing despair.

I mean, obviously I'd like to think that's an omen, but who knows?

Bayern losing 3-1 to them doesn't mean that result wasn't embarrassing for them, too, by the way.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby starmandb » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:03 pm

gooney wrote:Can we all agree if he fail to progress he needs to be sacked? We beat this lot 10-2 with our reserves last season

Crystal palace lost 9-0 at liverpool in September 1989
In April 1990 crystal palace beat Liverpool to reach the fa cup final
Kenny dalglish Liverpool were the 89/90 first division champions
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:10 pm

Jack The Ripper wrote:AWFUL game, we were so bad its unreal.

Yes we have the home game next, so hopefully we won't mess that up, but we didnt score an away goal, if Bate score an away goal we are gonna be in big trouble.

And don't tell me any nonsense like Bate are shit they wont score at Emirates LOL. everyone scores against us, clean sheets are like cactus in the Arctic for us.

5 clean sheets at the Emirates this season
Including against Europa league trophy favorites Chelsea
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:22 pm

FARM wrote:We're out guys. Time to focus on the prem, we badly need to get in top 4. Can see no way in hell Bate don't score at Emirates, we already know its gonna happen. Pathetic tournament too, we are better off out, we need to give everything to get in top 4

We need to give everything to get into a competition
Rather than give everything in a competition we are in and have a great chance of winning?
How about giving everything in everything?
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:27 pm

FARM wrote:Guys you seem so overly confident we are gonna SLAUGHTER them with ease at home, I think you are over playing how good we are. Yes Bate are no top side, but they are gonna be playing out of their skins at Emirates and desperate to go through, did you see the way they celebrated at the end?? they ain't gonna go away so easily.. I think you'll be surprised.

The fact we did not get an away goal, makes this all very dangerous. our defence is a disgrace, its horrid, and with Cech in goal it makes it even worse, I am serious when I say I got a bad feeling Bate will score against us at Emirates, and away goals are very dangerous.. 100% serious when I say I think we could concede at home, and we are having problems creating chances as late, it was a bloody slopfest against bottom side Huddersfield and with that score 2-1 we would be out. Don;t be so cocky guys... I'm praying we go through and we have to play very good on the night and hope Auba steps up, without Laca

We were away against Huddersfield when we won 2-1
At home we beat them 1-0 clean sheet takes it to extra time
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:37 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
FARM wrote:Guys you seem so overly confident we are gonna SLAUGHTER them with ease at home, I think you are over playing how good we are. Yes Bate are no top side, but they are gonna be playing out of their skins at Emirates and desperate to go through, did you see the way they celebrated at the end?? they ain't gonna go away so easily.. I think you'll be surprised.

The fact we did not get an away goal, makes this all very dangerous. our defence is a disgrace, its horrid, and with Cech in goal it makes it even worse, I am serious when I say I got a bad feeling Bate will score against us at Emirates, and away goals are very dangerous.. 100% serious when I say I think we could concede at home, and we are having problems creating chances as late, it was a bloody slopfest against bottom side Huddersfield and with that score 2-1 we would be out. Don;t be so cocky guys... I'm praying we go through and we have to play very good on the night and hope Auba steps up, without Laca

Whilst a little depressing to lose to BATE, does it really matter? It's the Europa League. We're not good enough to win it and other than the CL for the winners, it's a waste of time and effort. Even if we got into the CL, so what? We are not good enough for that competition anyway.

A waste of time and effort for a football team whose raison d'être is to win football matches
To play football matches? We have beaten favorites Chelsea this season
And have previously secured wins v lazio Valencia inter and Napoli
Of coarse we can win it
Seen us squeak through loads of games in competitions we have gone on to win( Sheffield Wednesday , port vale)
Gets forgotten when you lift the trophy
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:43 pm

BrunelGooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:

I mean, obviously I'd like to think that's an omen, but who knows?

Bayern losing 3-1 to them doesn't mean that result wasn't embarrassing for them, too, by the way.

Never ever an excuse to bum up tottenham
I have never been embarrassed being an Arsenal fan
I have watched great Arsenal sides lose games they shouldn't
I have seen us beat the team top of the bundesliga as well
starmandb

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19