09/02/19 | Huddersfield Town 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 09/02/19 | Huddersfield Town 1-2 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:30 pm

Ach wrote:The nketiah is better than Auba is quality trolling tbh

It wasn't intended to be trolling, but it clearly did get WAY under your skin LOL... you've mentioned it 100 times since... :crybaby:

By the way - Auba's goals have dried up and he's been playing utter shite in the last month or so. He's a journeyman who will grab a few goals for sure, but isn't top quality... an older player who's been around but never made it to a top team. They are just the facts. There is really no need to be upset by them. The next goal he scores, we'll both be happy so it's all good.
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Pudpop » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:57 am

jayramfootball wrote:

It wasn't intended to be trolling, but it clearly did get WAY under your skin LOL... you've mentioned it 100 times since... :crybaby:

By the way - Auba's goals have dried up and he's been playing utter shite in the last month or so. He's a journeyman who will grab a few goals for sure, but isn't top quality... an older player who's been around but never made it to a top team. They are just the facts. There is really no need to be upset by them. The next goal he scores, we'll both be happy so it's all good.

Facts:

Since Jan 13th Aubameyang has played 4, scored 2 and assisted 1.

This is a larger contribution than Eddie Nketiah has made in his entire Arsenal career.
Last edited by Pudpop on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:00 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Hmm. I am not a 'Wenger In' at all. I was THE original Wenger Out.
You've slung insults at me because I don't like one of your favourite players - so it's really not just Wenger In that seems to draw ire.

Anyhow, I happen to agree with you on Emery. I am not going to judge Emery until the end of year 2, but even then it will be a low bar. Just top 6 I will consider OK for the next few years.

That said, if people don;t like the guy or his style of football they should be allowed to say so.

Perhaps don't take opposing views so personally.

You mean when you call one of the leagues top goal scorers sh*t?

I've probably called you nuts for saying it, its not like I've gone round calling you a c*nt or something, bloody hell.

Hotheads been dishing out more insults than me, what's with the complaints? :lol:

Don't think I called him sh*t.
He's just not very good. Being 'one of the top scorers' is not a guide to greatness. Romalu Lukaku has been one of the top scorers the last couple of years. He's about on a level with Emile Heskey.
Let's put things into perspective. Auba has 15 goals after 26 league games (he's played in 25 of them). That is not great. Last year Kane banged in 30, Salah 32.
But there is no need to be upset that I don't rate Auba... we can have different opinions.

I'm not upset.

I'm also not the only one who disagreed with you so not sure why your so bothered about my single opinion which was one of many, we can go and look at the Auba thread if you want and I can list the people who said the exact same as I did.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Pudpop wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Facts:

Since Jan 13th Aubameyang has played 4, scored 2 and assisted 1.

This is a larger contribution than Eddie Nketiah has made in his entire Arsenal career.

A penalty and a tap in that not even he could miss.
He's been dire since the new year.
We didn't miss him at all against Huddersfield - Lacazette was there to get the tap in.
Nketiah has played 6 minutes in the PL. I am sure he could score penalties and tap ins too given game time. I doubt he'd miss as many big chances as Auba - then again no striker anywhere does.
Perhaps it's because i tend to watch Arsenal teams beyond the PL starting 11, I have a better understanding of just how talented Nketiah is and how good he could be.

:sneaky2:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Dejan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:46 pm

You missed the cup game where nketiah was total wank?

Hopefully sold soon. Will not make it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Dejan wrote:You missed the cup game where nketiah was total wank?

Yeah sell a 19 year old for missing chances in a rare 1st team appearance and keep an old striker that misses more chances than any other player in the league - because you know...he has a name and cost a lot. Makes sense. Idolising the average has been a problem at Arsenal for some time :think:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Rockape » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:35 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Yeah sell a 19 year old for missing chances in a rare 1st team appearance and keep an old striker that misses more chances than any other player in the league - because you know...he has a name and cost a lot. Makes sense. Idolising the average has been a problem at Arsenal for some time :think:

You need to keep up Jayram, we'd all been waiting for Eddie to be given a chance, but sadly when he was given a chance, he blew it big stylie! It wasn't even close! Despite it being about 2 years since when he came on in the Norwich match and saved our asses! I suppose that begs the question as to what the hell have we been doing with him all that time and if he really hasn't developed enough, why isn't he out on loan?
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:40 pm

Rockape wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

You need to keep up Jayram, we'd all been waiting for Eddie to be given a chance, but sadly when he was given a chance, he blew it big stylie! It wasn't even close! Despite it being about 2 years since when he came on in the Norwich match and saved our asses! I suppose that begs the question as to what the hell have we been doing with him all that time and if he really hasn't developed enough, why isn't he out on loan?

I'm still waiting for him to be given a decent chance - a run of games. I hope he can bring his goal scoring to the 1st team. We really need a top striker again - and from what I have seen, he has the potential - We've not had one since RVP left. Players like Rashford at Utd are also raw, but he's been given a chance and he is starting to shwo what he can do. I'd much prefer to see our younger players coming through - it's more interesting than seeing average journeymen on huge wages.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby StLGooner » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:46 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Rockape wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I'm still waiting for him to be given a decent chance - a run of games. I hope he can bring his goal scoring to the 1st team. We really need a top striker again - and from what I have seen, he has the potential - We've not had one since RVP left. Players like Rashford at Utd are also raw, but he's been given a chance and he is starting to shwo what he can do. I'd much prefer to see our younger players coming through - it's more interesting than seeing average journeymen on huge wages.

How many times have you actually watched him play though? Can't be that many unless you're going to youth games? So kind of hard to compare him and say he's better than Auba based off a few games you might have seen him in. Also, potential is one thing, actually being good is another. We always have kids with potential, that's nothing new. Which for me makes it hard to get too excited for because most don't pan out.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rockape » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:50 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Rockape wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

How many times have you actually watched him play though? Can't be that many unless you're going to youth games? So kind of hard to compare him and say he's better than Auba based off a few games you might have seen him in. Also, potential is one thing, actually being good is another. We always have kids with potential, that's nothing new. Which for me makes it hard to get too excited for because most don't pan out.

After his last comment, I've decided he doesn't have any idea what he's talking about and like others have now given up on this. Not worth the effort!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:23 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Rockape wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Before he started knocking on the first team squad door I watched a fair bit of him in 16/17.
He's not better than Auba yet, but he will be I believe. He has more talent, both as a finisher and with the ball at his feet (much much more talent in the latter respect). Sure he might not progress, but I'd like to see him given some game time.

What was Auba doing at 17-19 yrs old? Not much - and more importantly he never did make it to one of the big clubs. It's only in the last 3-4 years that he has been scoring a decent amount of goals and now he's hitting 30 yrs old. Let's get a season or two more out of him, but he's not the top quality striker we need and he's certainly not our future. When he's gone he won't be remembered any more so than Giroud or Adebayor, the other average strikers we've had as starters in recent years.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Rockape wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

The Norwich game was 1 year 4 months ago
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19