The LaLiga Thread

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: The La Liga thread

Postby Dynamite » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:59 pm

It's called having some banter he looked like a nice chap and I liked Cazorla the player in his first season a lot not that impressed later tbh but overall a good player during his (active) time here.
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Angelito wrote:Can't believe people could be this vindictive towards one of the classiest and most gifted players in Arsenal history.

Tsk, tsk.

This.

Also the man who single-handedly got us back into the game with his free kick against Hull City when we were 2 goals down and were struggling.

Along with Ramsey he played a huge influence in ending our 9-year trophy drought.

Big game player. (City, Liverpool, Chelsea,...)

Win rate with      Cazorla → 65.5%
    Win rate without Cazorla → 38.9%
    *As of February 2017

Instrumental to our play.

Only plays useless, albeit pretty sideway passes, though, apparently.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Dynamite wrote:It's called having some banter he looked like a nice chap and I liked Cazorla the player in his first season a lot not that impressed later tbh but overall a good player during his (active) time here.

Pretty much this.

Nowhere near as good a player as some make him out to be and not as bad as some make him out to be but the balance was kept equal cos of it.

Made me laugh how when he got injured midway through a season and we crumbled, his lovers put that down to his injury completely ignoring the previous season we crumbled when he stayed fit. They never had a come back for that and I stopped asking cos their silence was all the answer I needed.

Not in Ozils or Ramsey's league in terms of quality and importance but far superior than Arteta and xhaka. Decent squad player. He's basically edu from invincible era.

He was never part of our best cm duo, that was Ramsey and coq but Wenger loved those sideways passes and pointless turns in the middle of the field which got past no one thus that's how we kept suffering.

Likeable guy though and wish him well in Spanish 2nd division if they keep him.
Last edited by Ach on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Dynamite » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Zenith wrote:
Angelito wrote:Can't believe people could be this vindictive towards one of the classiest and most gifted players in Arsenal history.

Tsk, tsk.

This.

Also the man who single-handedly got us back into the game with his free kick against Hull City when we were 2 goals down and were struggling.

Along with Ramsey he played a huge influence in ending our 9-year trophy drought.

Big game player. (City, Liverpool, Chelsea,...)

Win rate with      Cazorla → 65.5%
    Win rate without Cazorla → 38.9%
    *As of February 2017

Instrumental to our play.

Only plays useless, albeit pretty sideway passes, though, apparently.

What? All competitions only excluded the Community Crap
4W3D2L - Pool
1W1D6L - Chelsea
2W3D2L - United
4W2D2L - Spurs
1W2D1L - City

12W11D13L
12wins in 36matches
33% win rate
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Huh?

So just because we lost those games he was crap?

SC is of the few players who, despite being surrounded by perennial push-overs, would usually show up in finals and against elite oppositions. :dontknow:

With the emphasis on usually. Which is more frequent than the average Arsenal player, both then and now.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:57 pm

LMAO wrote:This season is depressing.

What a difference 3 and some change months makes. With Lope long gone, second half of the season Madrid makes a return :)

And Bale with the GOAT celebration :rofll:

CMV Solari is the new Zidane.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Ach » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:03 am

Ramos destroying Griezmann was awesome
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Dynamite » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:22 pm

Zenith wrote:Huh?

SC is of the few players who, despite being surrounded by perennial push-overs, would usually show up in finals and against elite oppositions. :dontknow:

With the emphasis on usually. Which is more frequent than the average Arsenal player, both then and now.

It was a simple misunderstanding thought you meant we had a 65,5% win ratio vs. the big teams with him.
Dunno about the two ratios you posted but too lazy to check that stuff out. :cloud9:
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Losmeister » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:13 pm

LMAO wrote:

What a difference 3 and some change months makes. With Lope long gone, second half of the season Madrid makes a return :)

vinicius looks amazing... played a trivela pass that was easy as good as quaresma when he is on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYlxURw-W5Y

see 1:34

good for liga that Rm show up and make it a three hiorse race... be nice if it was a different team makig it up there, bust up the hegemnoy some
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:56 pm

Dynamite wrote:
Zenith wrote:Huh?

It was a simple misunderstanding thought you meant we had a 65,5% win ratio vs. the big teams with him.
Dunno about the two ratios you posted but too lazy to check that stuff out. :cloud9:

The percentages I posted refer to Arsenal's EPL win percentage with and without Cazorla over a period of 5 years (from the 2012-13 season until mid 2017).

To summarise his Arsenal career as a 'likable chap who solely played pretty sideway passes' is beyond preposterous.

Forget my opinion, the stats don't lie as shown above.

Now that assessment is refuted I doubt I will even get a reasonable reply, if any reply from the person who wrote it (as usual).
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:58 am

Losmeister wrote:
LMAO wrote:

vinicius looks amazing... played a trivela pass that was easy as good as quaresma when he is on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYlxURw-W5Y

see 1:34

good for liga that Rm show up and make it a three hiorse race... be nice if it was a different team makig it up there, bust up the hegemnoy some

It'd be good for the league as a whole for sure. For most of La Liga's history, it's been Madrid, Barcelona, and Atletico (though there were some seasons when Valencia or Bilbao took one of the places in the race).

I'm really liking Vini. I thought Flo overpaid for him, but if he continues to progress the way he has, then we're looking at the next megastar out of Brazil (wish we could produce that level of player in the US).
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Losmeister » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:50 pm

"I'm really liking Vini. I thought Flo overpaid for him, but if he continues to progress the way he has, then we're looking at the next megastar out of Brazil (wish we could produce that level of player in the US)."

it'll be generations still before the usa has produced a player such as vini
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Real lose at home lol.

Messi misses another penalty lol.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Losmeister » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:59 pm

ygeah, messis forst was good, tho the keeper guessed corrcetly. 2nd was the classic only 2/3 to the post from dead center and keeper guessed correct. easy save.
never understood why you wouldnt panenka a 2nd.

girona is pretty tough.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:36 pm

ITV get rights to show la Liga starting from tomorrow
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext