Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Angelito » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:25 am

Jedi wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Jedi wrote:That being said, if he manages to finish Top 4 or win EL this season with abomination of a squad he is the automatic GOAT manager.

Jedi wrote:I fully believe we can win the EL and we're still the joint favorites to win it alongside Chelsea.

Have an abomination of a squad, yet are joint favorites to win the EL?

That's some 4D chess right there.

Emery effect tbh

Emery deliberately playing shit so that everyone underestimates us in the EL, while we waltz past teams and lift out first EL/UEFA Cup in 40 years.

f**k UEFA.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:53 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:Man actually had us play defensively against Huddersfield. North London has not seen banter of this level since we won the league at Shite Hart Lane.

Emery needs to stop being so conservative and have us play to our strength, which lays in our attack with a £100 million striker partnership. We still leak goals even when trying to keep a clean sheet against the worst team in the league, so may as well go full glass cannon ffs

I agree but maybe that's because he has no faith in our defence, Huddersfield hadn't scored a goal in weeks until we turned up.

If Emery had better defenders he probably wouldn't of.

Also this may be a case of that Emery needs results, he's not Wenger, he can't risk losing these sorts of games and keep his job.

Regardless I do wish he'd stop using 3-4-3, I see no benefit over 4-3-3, we leak the same goals, but we play better without it.

If he has no faith in our defence perhaps he should spend more time in coaching/drilling it.

It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE as human beings to practice something and not improve at it. In fact, even animals learn through practice FFS and they don't have manuals, training aids, videos and all that.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:04 am

Head Coach struggling at coaching? You don’t say.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:24 pm

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:Man actually had us play defensively against Huddersfield. North London has not seen banter of this level since we won the league at Shite Hart Lane.

Emery needs to stop being so conservative and have us play to our strength, which lays in our attack with a £100 million striker partnership. We still leak goals even when trying to keep a clean sheet against the worst team in the league, so may as well go full glass cannon ffs

I agree but maybe that's because he has no faith in our defence, Huddersfield hadn't scored a goal in weeks until we turned up.

Also this may be a case of that Emery needs results, he's not Wenger, he can't risk losing these sorts of games and keep his job.

Regardless I do wish he'd stop using 3-4-3, I see no benefit over 4-3-3, we leak the same goals, but we play better without it.

If he has no faith in our defence perhaps he should spend more time in coaching/drilling it.

It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE as human beings to practice something and not improve at it. In fact, even animals learn through practice FFS and they don't have manuals, training aids, videos and all that.

Ok. Completely disregard that humans have their own physical and mental limitations.

Go and try to practice running as fast as Usain bolt and see how far your training gets you.

Tell me how to make lichtensteiner faster.

Tell me why apparently no one in Mustafis career has told him not to be fooled into diving in to tackles.

Train Peter Cech to get down to his corners quicker

Train diaby to not be injured

Train iwobi to not get brain freeze when being hard pressed

Oh you cant? It must be your fault these players produce these results smh.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:26 pm

Some of you are really reaching to hate on Emery. Theres also a large portion of the same people that like to tear into existing players for not being good enough lol.

Can't have it both ways.

It's amazing how the hypocracy is fine when Guardiola is being hailed as a God after he spent 200m on new fullbacks to actually get his system to work, but then want to moan over Emery not producing first season miracles when he hasn't even been given the tools to implement his system.

It's as clear as day. Those demanding saka be thrown into the PL are broadly the same that would be demanding hes shipped out as soon as he makes a mistake just like they have been with AMN etc. ffs
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:46 pm

Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Ok. Completely disregard that humans have their own physical and mental limitations.

Go and try to practice running as fast as Usain bolt and see how far your training gets you.

Tell me why apparently no one in Mustafis career has told him not to be fooled into diving in to tackles.

Stupidest post of the day goes to Zedie !! f**k me!!

The players can learn movement, how to keep shape until it becomes second nature. You can teach/drill patterns of play until they become second nature. I guarantee that if I did speed training you would see an improvement in my speed. If you can't shoot, do some shooting training and you will learn to shoot.

Its a basic f***ing premise that guides all of life on earth, the process of practicing something to improve. Nobody is saying you will become the best at it but you will absolutely improve. ANY improvement is an improvement and would prove the point that we can defend better if the team practiced it.

Your post is nonsense, talking foolishness about people being injured, what does that have to do with the fact that people improve with practice and thats a f***ing fact.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:54 pm

Physical and mental limitations do not for the most part mean someone can't improve. If someone was so limited that they physically could not do something, ok, but as is the way with the world they often find a way of doing something differently. Its very rare to find someone that absolutely cannot do something physically unless they have a major disability, in which case its stating the bleedin obvious that they can't improve.

The same goes for mental limitations.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zedie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:32 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Stupidest post of the day goes to Zedie !! f**k me!!

The players can learn movement, how to keep shape until it becomes second nature. You can teach/drill patterns of play until they become second nature. I guarantee that if I did speed training you would see an improvement in my speed. If you can't shoot, do some shooting training and you will learn to shoot.

Its a basic f***ing premise that guides all of life on earth, the process of practicing something to improve. Nobody is saying you will become the best at it but you will absolutely improve. ANY improvement is an improvement and would prove the point that we can defend better if the team practiced it.

Your post is nonsense, talking foolishness about people being injured, what does that have to do with the fact that people improve with practice and thats a f***ing fact.

Mate, if you can't grasp the fact that there are differences in ability with the players we have in key positions to the players our opponents have and the importance of that to fully execute the managers game plan, then you really are as blind as you seem to be.

Are you seriously telling me that sagna and clichy could have been trained into providing the same out put as Kyle Walker and mendy?

Or that working on iwobis shooting practice can get him up to the level of mane?

Really?

Of course improvements can be made with training but I'm sorry, the sort of gains that can be made with some players we have versus their opposite numbers is like a fart in a hurricane.

The fact that you hang your criticism of Emery off this nonsense is the best example of someone who doesn't really understand reality versus their own personal world view.

I'm asking you specifically now, let's just focus on lichtensteiner, iwobi and xhaka. Everyone knows their base flaws, what do you think you could train into them to solve those issues that hasn't been identified and drilled constantly before now?

And how much capacity have they got to actually be trained to a level where they are as good as one better than the opposition.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:49 pm

hot head practices his dumb arse opinions hoping they'll turn to gold. still lead. alchemy is still alchemy.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Unai just annouced twice daily 8 hr training sessions!
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockape » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Losmeister wrote:Unai just annouced twice daily 8 hr training sessions!

:lol:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Losmeister wrote:hot head practices his dumb arse opinions hoping they'll turn to gold. still lead. alchemy is still alchemy.

Dumbass opinions, the ability of humans to learn and improve ? What an absurd concept. I want to live in the world that you live in where humans don't learn or improve as a basic human function. Where is this place where normality is replaced by wonder?? Pray tell

And you have the nerve to say my opinions are dumbass LOOOOOL
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Goonerz » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Ach wrote:Results over performances atm.

Playing pretty football is all good and well but that didn't work for Wenger in his horror years of the youth project era. 06-11

We are back challenging the big boys again. I'd have taken that.

I enjoyed tye Cesc eta eveb if we were weak. You could see that they were a young team, playing and amazing style of football, dominating games with some superbly created goals. But the naivity and lack of investiment defensively was the killer. Consistent long term injuries every season to the likes of Rvp, Rosicky, Vermaelen, Diaby, Wilshere, Ramsey, Eduardo etc while wenger kept using the same Catchphrase “We still have the likes of Van persie, Diaby, Rosicky, Wilshere, Ramsey etc to come back, so we don’t need to sign more players as it will unsettle the squad / Team”.

Looking back Wenger was a deluded manager even if I was one of the AKB’s until 2014.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:10 pm

[quote] I want to live in the world that you live in where humans don't learn or improve as a basic human function.

you are the poster child, m8

you are not orientedx4 , either way... cheers :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerz » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:26 pm

Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

It’s the same people that will say the opposite in other threads “Play to the players strengths. Play to the squad’s strengths. So and so player shouldn’t be asked to do the nitty gritty because that is not his game blah blah”.

Let me ask, what are our strengths as a team in the last 5 or so seasons? Do we even have any strengths. :doh: :think:
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football