Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby swipe right » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Ach wrote:
Nuggets wrote:With the sh1te he inherited he is doing a good job.

Pretty much this. Not that hard to understand.

A point behind fourth with a squad that was nowhere near it last season and we're fighting Burnley for sixth, the same Burnley who are in a relegation dogfight this season.

He's done wonders. But but daddy Wenger won this and that and finished fourth 100 years ago. Who gives a shit? Emery has already done something Wenger failed to do for years.

He's given our Arsenal back to the fans and given us hope.

:rofll: speak for yourself mate. You can keep this shit seven defenders in one game arsenal scrapping together points against town and the like. Not my arsenal.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:00 pm

^^ Everyone needs to stop feeding this arse clown and his sad little f**k buddies
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:14 pm

Of course he should be doing better than Wenger, we signed 5 defensive players, Laca is more settled, he has had Pea for a whole season, on top of that Wenger was just terrible in general.

Reality is we are 6th, been knocked out of 2 cup competitions at home, playing average football offensively and look poor defensively, trust needs to be earnt, some of you are easily pleased, he needs top 4 or an EL win to earn trust.

By trust I mean giving me some sort of hope that this guy can land us a title, not that he is better than Wenger because I know he is better than Wenger, there is 30 managers we could have got better than what Wenger was producing.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:17 pm

swipe right wrote:
Ach wrote:

A point behind fourth with a squad that was nowhere near it last season and we're fighting Burnley for sixth, the same Burnley who are in a relegation dogfight this season.

He's done wonders. But but daddy Wenger won this and that and finished fourth 100 years ago. Who gives a shit? Emery has already done something Wenger failed to do for years.

:rofll: speak for yourself mate. You can keep this shit seven defenders in one game arsenal scrapping together points against town and the like. Not my arsenal.

The butthurt is real in this one m

How's daddy Wenger doing in his new job at a top club you and your fellow Wenger butt boys told us many times he'd be in should he ever leave us? Loving the tears son. Keep it up.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:17 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Of course he should be doing better than Wenger, we signed 5 defensive players, Laca is more settled, he has had Pea for a whole season, on top of that Wenger was just terrible in general.

Reality is we are 6th, been knocked out of 2 cup competitions at home, playing average football offensively and look poor defensively, trust needs to be earnt, some of you are easily pleased, he needs top 4 or an EL win to earn trust.

By trust I mean giving me some sort of hope that this guy can land us a title, not that he is better than Wenger because I know he is better than Wenger, there is 30 managers we could have got better than what Wenger was producing.

when jmiles is the voice of sense :hiding:

but agree with every word :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Ach wrote:

Its hard to understand because your arguments are weak. I disliked Wenger as much as the next man but I'm not gonna tell lies or be biased. The squad now is nowhere near our squads up until 2008 but since then/2009 the squad quality has been poor in comparison. And that is in itself relative.

When compared to Liverpool's squad they have a decent keeper not amazing, one good CB, ok LB, a dry midfield full of workhorses, a decent striker in Mane and top striker in Salah.

Spurs have got average players all over the shop but a strong defence and top level spine. Like Liverpool they are nothing amazing individually but as a team and using the correct tactics etc, they are over performing when compared to Man City.

Man U have a shit defence but top keeper buy were playing terrible football and losing games. OGS comes along and unshackles them from the defensive game Mourinho had them playing and you could argue it is an entirely different team of personnel.

Sarri comes to Chelsea and plays people out of position and now they look like dimwits. You cannot underestimate power of good management/coaching. Yes our squad is not as good as Man City but on form our players are as good as Liverpool's, for example.

Some numpty will bring up the fact Liverpool are top, but nobody in their right mind had any idea that they would be playing better than Man City this season, they should be battling for 4th with us, behind Chelsea, Man City and Man U!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Jedi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:

But this is the part i don't understand. Point out your criticisms, but why do you have to frame it in such a dishonest way? "Reality is we're 6th" makes it sound like we're 10+ points away from top 4 when we're in fact right there 1 point away from it and we could easily finish in top 4 if we had a strong end of the season.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Argument is weak? So we aren't a point behind fourth and didn't fight Burnley for sixth last season?

I apologise.

Daddy Wenger has done hos work well on the emery can do no right brigade. For all our sakes let's hope daddy Wenger gets a new job so posters can go support that new team and all of us, them and us Arsenal fans can be happy.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Of course he should be doing better than Wenger, we signed 5 defensive players, Laca is more settled, he has had Pea for a whole season, on top of that Wenger was just terrible in general.

Didn't you want Arteta or Henry?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Interest: waning » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:29 pm

Can everyone stop arguing and taking jabs?

The facts are:

We have a terrible team bar six players (Laca, Auba, Bellerin, Guendouzi, Torreira and Sokratis).

We have dross that actively damage us whenever they play like Xhaka, Mustafi and Kolasinac. Incidentally these are three of the highest profile players Wenger signed at the end of his reign.

Let Emery and Raul get rid of these aforementioned swamp rats in addition to Welbeck, Ramsey, Ozil and Cech leaving and replace them with our best youth players and new signings.

And I'm not convinced Emery is the man for us anyway, but I'm not going to definitively judge him this season.
Last edited by Interest: waning on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:29 pm

Ach wrote:Argument is weak? So we aren't a point behind fourth and didn't fight Burnley for sixth last season?

I apologise.

Daddy Wenger has done hos work well on the emery can do no right brigade. For all our sakes let's hope daddy Wenger gets a new job so posters can go support that new team and all of us, them and us Arsenal fans can be happy.

Hahaha your daddy Wenger jibes dont work against me Cripps, I was one of the people that actually got off my arse and marched to get Wenger out!

The argument is weak that we have a shit squad because Wenger was an absolute ass clown in his last few seasons, its why the football we played was so shocking. Emery should be getting us playing better football because that is the barometer, shit Wenger played shit football, Emery's football should be better if he is a good coach. Simple. Blaming the players is an easy way out for some of you. If he stopped with the questionable tactics that might be a start.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Results over performances atm.

Playing pretty football is all good and well but that didn't work for Wenger in his horror years of the youth project era. 06-11

We are back challenging the big boys again. I'd have taken that.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Ach wrote:Results over performances atm.

Playing pretty football is all good and well but that didn't work for Wenger in his horror years of the youth project era. 06-11

Challenging the big boys??? We are fecking in sixth right now and out of the cups :rofll:
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:08 pm

This is the only real positive for me so far this season and that alone was worth the change, you will get no argument from me about that.

Swipe right, I assume he is talking about games against the big boys, we are definitely challenging them now instead of rolling over.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:18 pm

swipe right wrote:

Challenging the big boys??? We are fecking in sixth right now and out of the cups :rofll:

Point behind fourth isn't challenging? Lol
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football