09/02/19 | Huddersfield Town 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 09/02/19 | Huddersfield Town vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:08 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Emery deserves a medal for working with this trash squad.

Iwobi can't even get a shot on target, Mkhy can't even stay on his feet for the final pass.

Lacazette looked so out of place today, only decent player on the field.

I'd get rid of the entire squad bar about 6-7 players.

We won't win anything with this bunch of Wenger players.

We’ve brought in Lich, Papa, Leno, Lucas, Denis and Guen under Unai. That’s 6 first ‘Unai’ players.

He should be doing better considering

Trolling again?

The only tolls here are the Unai fan boys.

Oooo Unai give him time. He’s only signed 6 first team players what can you expect. We need to give him 5 years before we even consider questioning him.

............ Unai doesn't sign players.

There goes your entire argument, the only player you can even attribute to him is our loan player and even that was a Raul agreed loan with Emery recommendation.

Its become a Troll riot in here.
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Re: 09/02/19 | Huddersfield Town 1-2 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:When JayRam is the voice of moderation on this forum ........... you know somethings gone terribly wrong.

All that's left is for gooney to be the voice of hope then we may as well shut the place down.

This has become like a meeting group for manic depressives, I'm out.

Before I get accused of being an Emery fan boy just for supporting Arsenal, yes the game was pretty drab, we didn't play great football .......... but look at the fkin players out there, trash from top to bottom, yet everyone is focused on Emery bashing?

This squad couldn't even get a better manager than Emery to begin with, with Ramsey going and Ozil being pushed out we've lost two almost WC players and AFC is being given a rumoured £45m to fix it.

............... but all some can talk about is Emery Out.

Anyway I'm out of here, our squad is depressing enough as it is, I don't need to be listening to this agenda BS on top of it, its boring.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:

Iwobi can't even get a shot on target, Mkhy can't even stay on his feet for the final pass.

We’ve brought in Lich, Papa, Leno, Lucas, Denis and Guen under Unai. That’s 6 first ‘Unai’ players.

Trolling again?

Oooo Unai give him time. He’s only signed 6 first team players what can you expect. We need to give him 5 years before we even consider questioning him.

There goes your entire argument, the only player you can even attribute to him is our loan player and even that was a Raul agreed loan with Emery recommendation.

So why do we need to give him time to get ‘his players’ ? Either he chooses players or he doesn’t...
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:10 pm

Sims wrote:they had more shots and more shots on target than us as well as more possession

how any arsenal fan can justify our club using them tactics against one of the worst sides in prem history is beyond me

you should be ashamed of yourselves

Thank you.

I've become so disappointed by Gooners lately. We have been successful for two decades. Have won trophies and have almost always been in the UCL. Even in our worst season ever, we made it to a cup final and the SFs of the EL. All of this while playing a beautiful brand of attacking football and by NOT spending a whole lot of money.

To see Arsenal fans supporting Unai's poor man's Jose tactics, shit on the players just to defend Emery, trash everyone - again simply to defend Emery... Use the lack of money as an excuse like it's a first at Arsenal.. I honestly can't believe what I'm reading at times.

People are ready to ignore this atrocious performance and tactics just to defend a manager who isn't even a footnote in Arsenal history. Heck, some of us are celebrating it like we just beat Barca.

This is damning. And every time when you ask the lot what the issue is, it's "Wonga, Wonga."

Pathetic.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:10 pm

Terrible performance. Some really low passing percentages from the players. We couldn't string much passes together and Huddersfield were all over us. We got the 3 points, fortunate to not concede more goals but a really bad performance.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby gooney » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:When JayRam is the voice of moderation on this forum ........... you know somethings gone terribly wrong.

All that's left is for gooney to be the voice of hope then we may as well shut the place down.

Before I get accused of being an Emery fan boy just for supporting Arsenal, yes the game was pretty drab, we didn't play great football .......... but look at the fkin players out there, trash from top to bottom, yet everyone is focused on Emery bashing?

This squad couldn't even get a better manager than Emery to begin with, with Ramsey going and Ozil being pushed out we've lost two almost WC players and AFC is being given a rumoured £45m to fix it.

Anyway I'm out of here, our squad is depressing enough as it is, I don't need to be listening to this agenda BS on top of it, its boring.

Football is not just about stats. Im sorry but he is not doing well at all. He has signed several players. Its not about the points, its about his approach and how he set his teams up. He is a small time manager. Moyes had this exact problem at United. I mean we can have a player for 7 months and he can perform bad and we can say he is not good enough. But we cant see a manager not being good enough? I really dont the the idea every manager deserved several years and buy his own squad before we can judge him. The signs are really looking bad and we are wasting our time with this manager. From my perspective I just cant support a manager who cant set up an attack. We are flaky against every team and depend on counter attacks. Huddesfield pressured us for 90 mins and we played like a small team depending on counter attacks. Either we are a big team or not. Cause this gets you sacked in big team
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Exactly, a worse group of players (without Aubameyang as well) last year got to the EL semi final and narrowly lost to the winners, with a better manager and CL quality team.

The players aren’t all bad at all ffs.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:12 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:

Trolling again?

That Dean Ornstein bloke from BBC confirmed himself Unai was the driving force behind Lichsteiner ... and let’s not pretend he hadn’t had a say in the rest of the players signed.

Agree our squad is poor but we shouldn’t be resorting to Park the bus tactics against the worst team in the league who hadn’t scored a goal in 10 hours of football before today.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:16 pm

gooney wrote:

Football is not just about stats. Im sorry but he is not doing well at all. He has signed several players. Its not about the points, its about his approach and how he set his teams up. He is a small time manager. Moyes had this exact problem at United. I mean we can have a player for 7 months and he can perform bad and we can say he is not good enough. But we cant see a manager not being good enough? I really dont the the idea every manager deserved several years and buy his own squad before we can judge him. The signs are really looking bad and we are wasting our time with this manager. From my perspective I just cant support a manager who cant set up an attack. We are flaky against every team and depend on counter attacks. Huddesfield pressured us for 90 mins and we played like a small team depending on counter attacks. Either we are a big team or not. Cause this gets you sacked in big team

pretty much this tbh

it's like a mourinho-esque set up, not even when mourinho was good but mourinho of this season

difference is we're getting the result to keep us afloat
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Phil71 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Yep.

Silk purse, sow's ear and all that.

Wenger has left behind an utterly shit bunch of players.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:19 pm

gooney wrote:

Preach.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Santi wrote:Exactly, a worse group of players (without Aubameyang as well) last year got to the EL semi final and narrowly lost to the winners, with a better manager and CL quality team.

Last years team was utter tripe, with the worst manager in the PL.
Emery has added some good players and we look better - but it will take time. As long as it takes to remove every player Wenger ever signed or coached.

Wenger fan boys still hurting that their reason for supporting the club - him - is gone.
Get over it and move on. Wenger was and is an idiot.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby gooney » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:31 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Santi wrote:Exactly, a worse group of players (without Aubameyang as well) last year got to the EL semi final and narrowly lost to the winners, with a better manager and CL quality team.

Emery has added some good players and we look better - but it will take time. As long as it takes to remove every player Wenger ever signed or coached.

how do we look better? We are on course to concede more, we create less, shoot less and hit the target less. We could very well score less despite having a freakish period where laca and auba were converting 70% of their chances. And we dont look to improve our position
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:36 pm

gooney wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

how do we look better? We are on course to concede more, we create less, shoot less and hit the target less. We could very well score less despite having a freakish period where laca and auba were converting 70% of their chances. And we dont look to improve our position

We have more points.
Until all Wenger's players are gone - they are all sh*t - things won't improve dramatically.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:38 pm

Great win
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19