The Kroenke Problem

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: The Kroenke Problem

Postby indy23 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:46 pm

StLGooner wrote:
indy23 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
indy23 wrote:45 million dollar warchest. Stop blaming emery our f***ing team is a joke

When people use the word "warchest", I always imagined it meant over 45 million. You could barely by a decent defender now days for 45 million.

It will get u Denis suarez on loan in January.

So warchest probably not the best word to describe 40 mil. :lol:

I was being sarcastic after that tabloid article about the 45 million budget we have for the summer (which is most likely true based on previous experience being an arsenal fan and pure sucker for that corporate vampirism c*** factory) .
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:47 pm

indy23 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
indy23 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
indy23 wrote:45 million dollar warchest. Stop blaming emery our f***ing team is a joke

When people use the word "warchest", I always imagined it meant over 45 million. You could barely by a decent defender now days for 45 million.

It will get u Denis suarez on loan in January.

So warchest probably not the best word to describe 40 mil. :lol:

I was being sarcastic after that tabloid article about the 45 million budget we have for the summer (which is most likely true based on previous experience being an arsenal fan and pure sucker for that corporate vampirism c*** factory) .

Ah ok, my bad homie!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:03 pm

And yet almost a handful of teams far below us can defend better than us with far less investment.

Stop blaming money.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby indy23 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:46 pm

Mustafi and our defense were donkeys before emery.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Dein and Fiszman really did sell Arsenal up the river to an unknown quantity and Stan must be laughing all the way to to the bank. Chelsea are currently being offered around for £3 billion. Kroenke had paid less than half that for Arsenal and used debt to do it. Arsenal are a substantially bigger club than Chelsea, with better infrastructure, a bigger fanbase and more marketability long term.

Nobody got true market value selling their shares to him, which means that he will sit on his nice little English investment for a decade or so and then sell us for an absolutely enormous profit before the football bubble bursts
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:13 pm

↑ Mr. Kroenke will ( or will not :hiding: ) be 81 in 10 years.

On a serious note, let it be clear I don't wish death upon the man by any means, but considering he isn't exactly 35, I've often wondered what would happen to Arsenal if he were to pass, whether unexpectedly or after illness.

Say by then his loan debt at the Deutsche Bank is settled, would everything go to Josh, or would Ann (his spouse, Walmart heiress) inherit a piece of the shares?

Are we as fans even privy to this information?
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby indy23 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:01 pm

Zenith wrote:↑ Mr. Kroenke will ( or will not :hiding: ) be 81 in 10 years.

On a serious note, let it be clear I don't wish death upon the man by any means, but considering he isn't exactly 35, I've often wondered what would happen to Arsenal if he were to pass, whether unexpectedly or after illness.

Say by then his loan debt at the Deutsche Bank is settled, would everything go to Josh, or would Ann (his spouse, Walmart heiress) inherit a piece of the shares?

It's owned under his company KSE ... So they would have a natural succession plan. It's not some royal that owns the club and if he passes it goes to the heir.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:03 pm

Zenith wrote:↑ Mr. Kroenke will ( or will not :hiding: ) be 81 in 10 years.

Hay Zen

When you're not a mod you can just say, wonder what happens when the old c*** dies?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LMAO » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:57 am

What ever happened to that Dangote fella?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Interest: waning » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:37 am

Need this f***ing arsehole to sell.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby weaponx57 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:51 pm

I'm surprised there has not been a bigger outrage reaction about this 40m summer budget.....i guess even though there is bitching and moaning on this forum and on AFTV no one is actually willing to step up and do anything about it.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:54 pm

because it could be complete bollocks how the f**k would we know
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 pm

It's probably 40 million plus sales. And another few articles of amortization to explain how we can stretch the 40 million plus sales into 80 million. Jjjjjjjjooookkeee smmmmmallll time. Meanwhile city beat us Everton and chelsea in 7 days. We will never win the league when we are trying to compete with a west ham budget.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:08 pm

Everything wrong with arsenal in recent years can be attributed to financial management, an area where the club seems to be/have been lacking competent people. Improving this, for example, will lead to better acquisition and the subsequent training of staff, which includes the players, medical team, coaches, etc. This will then translate to fitter players, more flexibility wrt the rotation of players, and ultimately better performances on the pitch. The circle is then complete with how best to deal with contracts and how best to invest in the club. This latter part is where any rot develops and simple observation suggests that the suits in these positions haven’t had a clue for years.

I mentioned when Wenger left that we would need a master tactician and man manager considering the clubs philosophy and I am not sure if Emery will be able to turn things around. This then leads me back to the bane of my support for this club after we left Highbury and results have not been meeting expectations: the board and the owner. They need to devise a plan that will see an injection of a serious amount of funds into the club because only a miracle worker can get this club back where it needs to be given its current state; a miracle worker that does not seem to exist or is unattainable due to self-imposed restrictions.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:22 pm

Kroenke is just the worst type of owner you could get almost. The fact that he has multiple sports teams just tells you it's not about his passion for any of them, it's all about his investment. It's like he just does enough to keep his team profitable. American sports are ran a bit differently than football, and he's just out of touch with it all it seems.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk