Most memorable concert/gig

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:40 pm

StLGooner wrote:My most memorable would have to be my first concert, which was Van Halen and Alice in Chains, but not so much for the music, but because I saw my first pair of tits up close and in real life, I was 12. I still love that girl. Ha!


Just saw this.

My God you got to see the GOAT live.

R.I.P. Layne
Image



Invincibles Never Die
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 21070
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby pearce » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:37 am

Woodstock
I think this pokie free is the best around. I just want to get one, but I don't know where. I need more info.
pearce
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:36 am

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:44 am

Never paid for a concert ticket. What's a good price? Is it a set price or does it depend on the act?

Really tempted to go this summer.

How weird is it to go to one on your own?
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 12429
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby Rockape » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:53 am

Saw Elton John in 76 at Earls Court. My first and most memorable concert. His encore lasted 30 mins ...Saturday nights alright for fighting and pinball wizard. I was 15.
User avatar
Rockape
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa in my mind

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:27 am

The Police reunion tour in 2007 was pretty special. Saw them at Wembley Arena.

Status Quo at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1984 was great. Went with a few mates and a female work colleague - who brought her boyfriend and his mates. They were Hells Angels! Interesting night afterwards.

I saw Madness in the Dublin Castle Camden Town in 1979. I was only 13 or 14. Wonderful memory.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4258
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby Rockape » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:41 am

Saw Queen at Earls Court in 78....when Freddie still had long hair! Loved Queen in the early days.
User avatar
Rockape
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa in my mind

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby starmandb » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:34 pm

Rockape wrote:Saw Queen at Earls Court in 78....when Freddie still had long hair! Loved Queen in the early days.
dave hill from slade has just written a book about his time in the band
I heard him interviewed about it and he tells a story of dave Powell the drummer going backstage at queens Earl's Court gig in 1977 when they were on the day at the races tour( I believe this is the gig you mean)?
While he was there his car was broken into and the 8 track and 8 of the 10 tapes that were stolen
The 2 that were left were both slade albums
I saw Bowie at Earl's Court in 78
Sound was shocking
It had improved greatly by the time I saw the arctic monkeys there
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby Sims » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:49 pm

Arctic monkeys at Earl’s Court was p good
Death grips at the roundhouse was a madness

Seeing the real MF DOOM live tops it all for me tbh, even if he weren’t the best performance-wise
Image
User avatar
Sims
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 29746
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby Rockape » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:05 pm

starmandb wrote:
Rockape wrote:Saw Queen at Earls Court in 78....when Freddie still had long hair! Loved Queen in the early days.
dave hill from slade has just written a book about his time in the band
I heard him interviewed about it and he tells a story of dave Powell the drummer going backstage at queens Earl's Court gig in 1977 when they were on the day at the races tour( I believe this is the gig you mean)?
While he was there his car was broken into and the 8 track and 8 of the 10 tapes that were stolen
The 2 that were left were both slade albums
I saw Bowie at Earl's Court in 78
Sound was shocking
It had improved greatly by the time I saw the arctic monkeys there


You’re right of course Starman....wasn’t thinking straight....I joined the RAF in 78.
User avatar
Rockape
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa in my mind

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby starmandb » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:29 pm

Rockape wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Rockape wrote:Saw Queen at Earls Court in 78....when Freddie still had long hair! Loved Queen in the early days.
dave hill from slade has just written a book about his time in the band
I heard him interviewed about it and he tells a story of dave Powell the drummer going backstage at queens Earl's Court gig in 1977 when they were on the day at the races tour( I believe this is the gig you mean)?
While he was there his car was broken into and the 8 track and 8 of the 10 tapes that were stolen
The 2 that were left were both slade albums
I saw Bowie at Earl's Court in 78
Sound was shocking
It had improved greatly by the time I saw the arctic monkeys there


You’re right of course Starman....wasn’t thinking straight....I joined the RAF in 78.

Bloody hell mate
You were one of our brave boys& girls?
Fair play to you
I only go up in the air if there is a holiday at the end of it
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11496
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby Rockape » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:05 pm

Well, I’d love to tell you that I was a Fighter Pilot, but I was in the RAF Regiment, which is a unit that protects the air bases, so tend to shoot them down rather than fly them.

Interesting 7 years though including 3 tours in the Falklands.
User avatar
Rockape
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa in my mind

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby Phil71 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:53 pm

Rockape wrote:Well, I’d love to tell you that I was a Fighter Pilot, but I was in the RAF Regiment, which is a unit that protects the air bases, so tend to shoot them down rather than fly them.

Interesting 7 years though including 3 tours in the Falklands.


Thanks for your service mate.

I knew a couple of fellas who served in the RAF Regiment. Would have been after you. Late 80s early 90s.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4258
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby Rockape » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:52 am

Thanks....it’s a very small unit so unusual for people to know anyone in it, let alone two.

Loved the story about Dave Hill btw Starman....very funny.
User avatar
Rockape
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa in my mind

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby Phil71 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:59 am

Rockape wrote:Thanks....it’s a very small unit so unusual for people to know anyone in it, let alone two.

Loved the story about Dave Hill btw Starman....very funny.


They were work colleagues. One was there first, then got the other fella a job.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4258
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Most memorable concert/gig

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:36 pm

I love Wu-Tang Clan, but they are probably the worst to go see in concert and pretty much hiphop in general. It just isn't that good in concert, except for maybe The Roots, they play their own instruments so they're pretty good. But Wu-Tang was just 10 dudes yelling on stage all at the same time.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35110
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

PreviousNext

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests