29/01/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Cardiff City | Premier League

Re: 29/01/19 | Arsenal vs Cardiff City | Premier League

Postby gamechannel » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:14 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Fenice wrote:If you aren’t attacking PEA more than Mesut for that game, that’s the problem in a nutshell.

Auba's job is to score, he is a striker.

If he's scoring goals that's 70% of his responsibility done and dusted.

Different roles means different expectations, he is not a winger or midfielder.

I see.. so by that standard and logic, why do people slate Ozil for not tracking back and working hard? His job is to create goal scoring opportunities for other which is does.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gamechannel » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:17 pm

Nejch wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Nejch wrote:
Fenice wrote:
gamechannel wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
gamechannel wrote:
Dynamite wrote:Is it just me or are our players much more confident since our last sub?

I have seen everything now. Anything to shit on Ozil. This board and the Fairweather fans is f***ing intolerable at times.

Our players are confident cuz of the goal, not the sub.

we just went 2-0, why are on about a player who isnt even on the pitch?

Because the dicks on this forum find indirect ways to blame Ozil.. we scored the first goal when Ozil was on. That gave us confidence. But nope, the "last" sub (Ozil off) changed the game apparently..

Ozil played fine. My problem is people bitch and complain about him even when he does his part. We would have scored another one from his direct assist had Iwobi been a somewhat decent finisher. He created one more for Lacazette who bottled it.

Man isn’t wrong.

What encompasses creating a chance seems incredibly loose when we're talking about Ozil.

Putting a ball at someone’s feet that gets them in the box. I wasn’t even watching that close and I saw it twice. I also saw all his tracking back which I keep hearing he doesn’t do.

Auba did the same before Laca's goal and no one even mentioned it.
The problem with how Ozil is judged here is that everyone seems to hold him to the same standards as the Elnenys and Iwobis. He's our highest paid player, with the captain's armband and is supposedly our best player. The opposition was Cardiff.

Lol, what? If you seriously think Auba and Ozil's passes were the same, your bias is obvious. Auba layed the ball for Laca who still had to do the hard work by running by defenders with the ball in his feet etc.

Look at the chance Ozil created for Iwobi.. Iwobi made the run, Ozil found him, Iwobi shot it straight at the keeper from an angle.

Auba had a stinker. But it's ok. As long as he's not Ozil, he won't get the same amount of shit even though he was arguably our worst attacking player.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:41 pm

gamechannel wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Fenice wrote:If you aren’t attacking PEA more than Mesut for that game, that’s the problem in a nutshell.

Auba's job is to score, he is a striker.

If he's scoring goals that's 70% of his responsibility done and dusted.

Different roles means different expectations, he is not a winger or midfielder.

I see.. so by that standard and logic, why do people slate Ozil for not tracking back and working hard? His job is to create goal scoring opportunities for other which is does.

I don't know ......... ask them?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Re: 29/01/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Cardiff City | Premier League

Postby Nejch » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:35 pm

Jesus Christ I am constantly baffled by the lengths people will go to, to defend Ozil's shit attitude and lack of effort. Even when Auba doesn't score, assist, create chances etc. he works his socks off. Remember the display against Chelsea, for one. When Ozil does nothing he literally does nothing. He just prances around his area, refuses to tackle of track back even in midfield. And he's a midfielder, not an attacker like Auba, so naturally his position allows him to get involved more.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:38 pm

Saw him track back enough today
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:11 am

Good win over the foreigners. Hopefully the last time we have to play a league match against a non-English team! :)
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:15 am

Nejch wrote:Jesus Christ I am constantly baffled by the lengths people will go to, to defend Ozil's shit attitude and lack of effort. Even when Auba doesn't score, assist, create chances etc. he works his socks off. Remember the display against Chelsea, for one. When Ozil does nothing he literally does nothing. He just prances around his area, refuses to tackle of track back even in midfield. And he's a midfielder, not an attacker like Auba, so naturally his position allows him to get involved more.

They literally play the exact same position in our setup
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:41 am

Santi wrote:
Nejch wrote:Jesus Christ I am constantly baffled by the lengths people will go to, to defend Ozil's shit attitude and lack of effort. Even when Auba doesn't score, assist, create chances etc. he works his socks off. Remember the display against Chelsea, for one. When Ozil does nothing he literally does nothing. He just prances around his area, refuses to tackle of track back even in midfield. And he's a midfielder, not an attacker like Auba, so naturally his position allows him to get involved more.

They literally play the exact same position in our setup

Not when we play the diamond they don't, Ozil was clearly central today with Laca and Auba wide and even if they are the same position in a 4-3-3 Auba is a make shift WF while Ozil is an Attacking mid.

Position wise the same but not the same role.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:55 am

Ratings thread up -

viewtopic.php?f=127&t=32553
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:02 am

Losmeister wrote:dunno gamechannel. at work. following here and at sporsmole MBM.

i think you are the only one to say Ozil played "fine"

Taking off my cheerleading hat, Ozil played fine. He did lots of basic stuff, moving the ball forwards, he misplaced a couple of passes, he played a handful of exquisite passes, he brought the ball forwards well. He was an absolute coward outside of our box when he threw himself to the ground but he tracked back and won the ball back on at least 2 occasions (one time further upfield and put us immediately on the attack).

So anyone that said he had a bad game is talking absolute bollox. He had a pretty decent game, not outstanding, maybe a 6 out of 10. Thats why I went overboard defending because the usual suspects had it in for him immediately and unfairly.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:04 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Yago wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Lol, it was because of Ozil ! Why did he not close the player down

you're kind of obsessed arent you

Yawn.

Angelito wasn't here so I think HotHead felt like he had to do twice the work

I honestly don't even know why you guys bother to bicker about this, it'll be up to Emery in the end of the day.

No amount of b*tching on here is going to change that.

Lol, quite eerie that, its spot on
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:07 am

Exactly, total bias. Apart from his penalty PEA was a 2 out of 10, he was f***ing terrible!!

But but but Ozil ....
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:10 am

Power n Glory wrote:Caught the game in drips and drabs. Iwobi looked positive when he came on. His pass set up the penalty. He should play through the middle more often. Energetic performance.

The team on whole looked much better. Energetic all around and we moved the ball around a lot quicker. Created a lot of chances and should have scored more. Guendouzi looked good, Elneny slotting in between the two CB's to play the ball out from deep seemed to work well too. Hoping Emery sticks to this formation.

Clearly you missed the first half, a worst half of football from Arsenal you would struggle to ever see!!! Elneny needed to go off, not because he was bad but because we needed more forward thrust. Worst half of football I hahe seen from Laca and Auba
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:29 am

I think I’m glad I missed it!

:?
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:49 am

theHotHead wrote:

Exactly, total bias. Apart from his penalty PEA was a 2 out of 10, he was f***ing terrible!!

But but but Ozil ....

He didn't get a bit of service. Wtf was he supposed to do?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19