25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby Interest: waning » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:37 am

ALL THESE INJURIES AND WE STILL HAVEN'T SIGNED ANY DEFENSIVE COVER. f**k YOU KROENKE. WHAT THE f**k ARE WE WAITING FOR?
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Phil71 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:43 am

The club have to support Emery with new players.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal vs Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:48 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:That's that then. If ever a game showed we need a top strike force this was it.
We're seriously deficient there.
I did like that we worked hard in defence and midfield. Won the ball a lot.
But we were outclassed because Utd have top finishers we don't.

Seriously getting so sick of your BS.

Our defence fell out from under us causing us to change formation and play with one defender.

How can you say we don't have finishers ffs, Auba is top goal scorer in the Prem and look at Laca's finish last week ffs, he's one of the best shooters in the league.

You sound like a r***rd.

What?
Auba is not the top scorer in the PL.

Auba's performance yesterday was really bad. He's not a terrible player, but his form right now is just poor. At his best he's ok but we need better.

I like Lacazette. He's a good support striker.
But until we get a really top striker, we are not going to compete at the top.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby gooney » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:54 am

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:That's that then. If ever a game showed we need a top strike force this was it.

Our defence fell out from under us causing us to change formation and play with one defender.

How can you say we don't have finishers ffs, Auba is top goal scorer in the Prem and look at Laca's finish last week ffs, he's one of the best shooters in the league.

You sound like a r***rd.

What?

We need a top striker. That's it.
I am sorry if you can't see that.

we dont need a striker. Our strikers are forced to do things strikers are not supposed to do. They have to come deep and create because the team lacks creativity and wide attackers who can feed them. Auba didnt have to do this at Dortmund and neither did Laca in Lyon. We had 3 shots on target all match.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:14 am

Auba played on the right and is useless there. 2nd half when laca moved out wide we did alot better

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby tufnelltoughie » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:49 am

Phil71 wrote:The club have to support Emery with new players.

It doesn't look like that is going to happen this window, maybe Dennis Suarez but even doubt that.

Even without new players, Emery needs to get the defence better organised.

Any competent manager with his coaches should be able to take a group of players and organise them in a defensive system that works.

I do not see that happening here, we sometimes have 3 at the back sometimes 4 or 5.

Pick a system and get it to work.

The games against Liverpool, Southampton, West Ham and now Man U, show no cohesion in defence at all, hence the woeful defending.

The goal stats say it all, we are competitive in scoring with 48 but woeful in conceding at 32, therein lies the problem.
tufnelltoughie
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Dynamite » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:54 am

Santi wrote:Don’t buy this shit, Man Utd we’re f***ing awful

Hope they have some unbeaten run and stick with OGS and most of the team (at best they give their crap players with expiring contracts some new ones) for next season. Such a poor performance even during "the so called dreadful era" under Mourinho they created more chances and played better attacking football :lol:
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Sims » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:55 am

Why do u keep bringing up Mourinho

He’s dead no one cares about that loser
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Dynamite » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:59 am

Sims wrote:Why do u keep bringing up Mourinho

He’s dead no one cares about that loser

Cause according to their fans and the media they are much better under OGS.
Serious question would you say they did look better yesterday as under Mourinho?

Plus you as well compared performances from teams under two different managers why did you even bother when I do that too?
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Sims » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:01 am

According to some on here it’ll take Emery years to “fix Wengers mess”, so it’ll be the same with the shit heap that Portuguese nonce left at old Trafford

Either way he’s super irrelevant
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby gooney » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

You sound like a r***rd.

What?

Auba's performance yesterday was really bad. He's not a terrible player, but his form right now is just poor. At his best he's ok but we need better.

Auba is inzaghi with pace. Why put your most limited player on the ball on the wing? Put Javier hernandez on the wing and see how good he looks, similar type of player
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:36 pm

gooney wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

You sound like a r***rd.

What?

Auba is inzaghi with pace. Why put your most limited player on the ball on the wing? Put Javier hernandez on the wing and see how good he looks, similar type of player

Inzaghi was a better finisher, but I understand the comparison and Auba does have pace. I rarely see him go past anyone though. He doesn;t have enough control of the ball when it's at his feet so it's hard for him to actually use his pace. I do think to get the best out of Auba you have to accept he's 20goal a season guy who will do that and nothing else. The team around him have to be able to carry him for 90 minutes. To do that is tough unless the players are really top quality. We don't have that luxury with the players we have.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:33 pm

tufnelltoughie wrote:
Phil71 wrote:The club have to support Emery with new players.

It doesn't look like that is going to happen this window, maybe Dennis Suarez but even doubt that.

Even without new players, Emery needs to get the defence better organised.

Any competent manager with his coaches should be able to take a group of players and organise them in a defensive system that works.

I do not see that happening here, we sometimes have 3 at the back sometimes 4 or 5.

Pick a system and get it to work.

The games against Liverpool, Southampton, West Ham and now Man U, show no cohesion in defence at all, hence the woeful defending.

The goal stats say it all, we are competitive in scoring with 48 but woeful in conceding at 32, therein lies the problem.

It takes time for a coach to introduce a new system.

And anyone can see we need to change a lot of the players. Most of them are simply not good enough. Especially the defensive players. Yes the whole team has to play their part in defending, but a football team needs defenders.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Cornish Gooner » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:23 pm

Seems to me that Arsenal have an attack force of one trick ponies, who don't know how to change their tactics when trying to get back into the game. The Man Utd, defence had done their homework.
Cornish Gooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:16 am

Cornish Gooner wrote:Seems to me that Arsenal have an attack force of one trick ponies, who don't know how to change their tactics when trying to get back into the game. The Man Utd, defence had done their homework.

Tbf, our attack did actually great enough chances to win the game. If Ramsey's header goes in then the game changes drastically. Laca had a couple of decent chances similar to the one he scored against Chelsea, and if Iwobi squares it to Auba early on we lead the game instead of chasing.

At the end of the day our attack were under unnecessary pressure because of that second goal, which had absolutely no right in being conceded.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19