British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:02 pm

LMAO wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:So cancel Article 50 or crash out of the EU on March 29 without a deal. Those are the two realistic options now?

No, at this stage they'll ask for an extension after the blood letting is complete in two weeks time and then the EU will likely grant it but at a fee, either that or they'll gamble on us cancelling it but that could bite them badly if it goes wrong.

Not many leaders will have the balls to cancel article 50 until a mandate is won by either Con's or Labour, any sudden moves now one way or another and the electorate will go beserk.

You keep saying this, but the EU has already said they will only extend the exit deadline for extraordinary reasons. I still think we go out of the EU with no deal by default. Eveyone, from every side, be it the heads of state to the members of the house are too pig headed.

After reading a summary of the situation, I agree.

There's no reason for the EU to extend the deadline if there isn't a GE or a second referendum (I don't think the VoNC will pass anyway, so no GE, and May's too stubborn with her deal to change it or call for a 2nd ref). The UK has had two years, if they couldn't come up with a passable deal by now, six more months or however long isn't going to change anything with the current gov't. The EU holds all the cards, and they've always held all the cards.

I think the UK will end up leaving with no deal on March 29, unless Parliament wants to revoke Article 50 during the eleventh hour (but it may be political suicide for the Tories) or call for a second referendum.

You lot are talking proper sh*t in all honesty.

"Why would the EU extend article 50" ......... because their worst nightmare is a No Deal Britain that's why.

Fine, watch and see, Parliament will NOT allow No Deal, they have made that clear as day, the EU are not ready for it and their entire market of businesses will lose their sh*t if over night the profitable British customer market doesn't want their goods because their prices are no longer competitive, UK kicks France out of our fishing waters, Gibraltar cuts off from Europe and Ireland has a border go up because we're out of the Customs union.

............... how much more clear do I have to make it?

No Deal is not happening.

We'll either have three things, an extension of Article 50 which is already being demanded, a Deal scurried together like Norway (unlikely in time) or a cancellation of the whole thing to Remain.

If the EU are being stubborn about extending its because its a calculated gamble of playing chicken, they know Parliament won't allow No Deal so they're betting we cancel Brexit instead, if it looks like No Deal will happen then watch the EU hand us an extension on a silver plate right before the deadline.

They can play political cat and mouse all they want, but the end results are clear as day.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Rockape wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
Phil71 wrote:She'll win it, and carry on.

Her next move, as she says, will be a cross party consultation to try to gather input as to what sort of brexit deal might get approved by the House. My guess is she'll have no joy, and even if by some miracle she does get a consensus, she then has to take that to the EU.

She's flogging a dead horse.

she then has to take that to the EU who have made it abundtly clear they will not renegotiate*.

Well yeah. Exactly.

hahaha.....or actually :crybaby:

If May is going to keep dragging this dead corpse of a deal through Parliament then Parliament are going to start really putting the boot in and trying to over throw her.

May is making really weird moves here, she wants to talk to the House but not Jeremy Corbyn?? she wants to confer on a House agreement even though she'll never accept any ideas that don't meet her version of Brexit, the Backstop will never be dropped unless we had a concrete deal in place and there's no consensus or time to get that done.

What I do know is that May wants us as close to the EU as possible while still looking like she delivered Brexit.

She has no mandate and no power to get that done, if she's allowed to keep running this down we will see a last minute extension or even a cancellation.

Theresa May is performing insanity tbh I'm struggling to see what her end game is unless she's going for unfettered chaos, she know's her vision of keeping us attached to the EU while appearing to carry out Brexit is never going to get through, so what her new goal is now is frankly unimaginable, she won't want to deliver anything else and the House is refusing to get rid of her because Remainer's fear a Leave PM and Leave fear a Remainer PM so Theresa is the dead duck piggy in the middle with no majority.

My last sentence is what this whole fk ball process is about right now, deadlock!!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:49 pm

Corbyn is the leader of the opposition

If she won't talk to him then we have a quite different constitutional crisis. The principle of respect and a functioning professional relationship between the PM and the LOTO is vital to how our democracy works
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:49 pm

UFGN wrote:Corbyn is the leader of the opposition

If she won't talk to him then we have a quite different constitutional crisis. The principle of respect and a functioning professional relationship between the PM and the LOTO is vital to how our democracy works

The reason that she won't talk to Corbyn is because if she adopted every single request of his in the new proposed deal.......he'd still vote against it!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Rockape wrote:

The reason that she won't talk to Corbyn is because if she adopted every single request of his in the new proposed deal.......he'd still vote against it!

But she's willing to talk to other MPs who voted against her
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:28 pm

UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote:

But she's willing to talk to other MPs who voted against her

Yeah obviously, because they have something to bring to the table. Perhaps they disagree with everything May has tried to push through, but they have reasons and ideas to put forward.

Compare that with dear Jezza, who doesn't know his arse from his elbow and has been quoted as saying he agrees and disgrees with fundamental points, depending on who has interviewed him. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:38 pm

So here we go ..........

May is STILL not moving, I told you her talks would fail because she simply won't budge on her idea of Brexit, take a look from today's House of Commons debate.........

"May signalled she is not willing to consider keeping the UK in a customs union for good (which is a Labour demand) when she opens cross-party talks on a new approach to Brexit. When asked about this explicitly by Labour’s Yvette Cooper, May replied:
What I want to see is what the British people voted for. They voted for an end to free movement, they voted for an independent trade policy, they voted to end the jurisdiction of the European court of justice. And it is incumbent on this parliament to ensure that we deliver on that.

Being in the customs union would be incompatible with an independent trade policy, because the UK would not be free to strike its own trade deals."

i.e I'll talk to people because we're deadlocked and I can't move forward but I certainly won't be changing my stance.

Just like her entire premiership ......... pointless.

Running down the clock to a cancellation, extension.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Said this before but it’s like she’s rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:08 pm

How utterly embarrassing for our nation.

The government are still going to survive the no confidence vote, after all that has happened, such is the disgust at the thought of the alternative.

How can labour party members continue in keeping JC as party leader?

UK politics is a complete disgrace. Need a new Oliver Cromwell to go in and sack the entire lot of rotten bastards.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:19 pm

Labour's motion of no confidence in the government is defeated by a majority of 19.

In total, 306 MPs voted in favour, and 325 MPs voted against.

Dead duck still waddling on
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:How utterly embarrassing for our nation.

The government are still going to survive the no confidence vote, after all that has happened, such is the disgust at the thought of the alternative.

How can labour party members continue in keeping JC as party leader?

UK politics is a complete disgrace. Need a new Oliver Cromwell to go in and sack the entire lot of rotten bastards.

Careful what you wish for.

Oliver Cromwell was a top class c*nt and worse than the King was.

It was Fairfax who was the nice guy, Fairfax spearheaded the movement and led the army but because he was all General and wasn't a statesman he lost control of the Roundhead movement after the war was won.
He relinquished to his Lieutenant Cromwell and his band of Puritan zealot nutters.

England was in such bad shape under Cromwell murdering civilians and being a complete demi god that the public brought the flipping royals back in.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Rockape wrote:Said this before but it’s like she’s rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

It's a perfect analogy actually. The Tory party being the Titanic

* Sinking because of incompetence - a literal ship wreck

* The rich get a life boat while the poor get locked below decks and shot if they try to escape

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:58 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:

Good gosh no. Cromwell was so bad as a leader that they practically were begging for the King to come back.

What we need here is a Henry VIII, the original Brexiteer. I'd love it if we did dissolve parliament for good and returned the powers to HM.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:41 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

Good gosh no. Cromwell was so bad as a leader that they practically were begging for the King to come back.

What we need here is a Henry VIII, the original Brexiteer. I'd love it if we did dissolve parliament for good and returned the powers to HM.

............... you mean someone who put the needs of his penis before the entire nation?

Hmmm p*ssy can do that to a man I must confess, I'll go with it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:07 pm

May just appeared live on national TV to make a big announcement:

Or so we thought, it was just to take a shot at Crazy Corbyn for not engaging in discussions for a new Brexit deal proposal
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate