The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:48 pm

ag6789 wrote:It would become a case for changing managers if Unai keeps putting up stupid midfield combinations leaving better players on the bench or out of the team and get losing perfectly winnable games.
If he thinks a West Ham 3-pointer is less valuable than a Chelsea 3-pointer, he should be coaching somewhere else.
Can't imagine keeping Torreira, Ramsey on the bench, and playing garbage Xakha and headless chicken Guendonzi in their place.

He's not going to be able to keep that up anyway.

If he keeps picking players who are losing him games he'll be sacked, simple as that.

For me, he's got till end of January to sort out his player issues (with the ones already here) before I turn on him if he's still repeating mistakes.

I can handle losses as long as their not self inflicted and a manager who makes the same mistakes over and over is basically Wenger mk II which is not what I wanted.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:I can't believe Emery would get away with treating ozil like this without higher approval

Agreed.

Emery might dislike Ozil as much, but if our upper management didn't approve of his treatment of Ozil, he wouldn't be treating Ozil this way. He's a yes man after all.

Something's suspicious. I know we've planned to become the new Everton for a long while. I just didn't expect us to initiate such plans by alienating Ozil in this manner.

We did hire the Spanish David Moyes after all.

We already have an owner like Mike Ashley. So, yeah, we're consolidating to compete with Leicester from here on.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ESR10 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I can handle losses as long as their not self inflicted and a manager who makes the same mistakes over and over is basically Wenger mk II which is not what I wanted.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:22 pm

If any of you have watched the Spurs vs ManU match today, you can understand how mismanagement affect a perfectly good group of players. A month ago, it seemed ManU have a whole bunch of duds and that Pogba was the greatest over -rated player in football history, and now , suddenly things are hunky dory.
Maybe, we have a similar situation at hand at AFC. This new manager is so keen on proving himself, he's tearing up a decent group to get his way.
I believe all we needed was a better defensive strategy and motivation to get this group performing much better than last Wenger years.
We do have pretty good creative buch in Ozil, Mikhi, and Ramsey, and two pretty good strikers in Auba and Laca, with Welbeck in support. We did buy a decent defender in Sokratis and with Holding , Movapranos improving nicely, Kos on his way back, our defense does' nt seemed to be as bad as its made out to be. A little knowledge about PL and defensive drills and descipline we should have been ok.
Emery from early so called success gave everybody false hopes of him being a reader of the game, but gets found out when challenged.
Besides, his man management is questionable and all the stories of Neymar, being an enfant terrible at PSG, might not be true. It takes two hands to clap!
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:40 pm

Angelito wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:I can't believe Emery would get away with treating ozil like this without higher approval

Agreed.

Emery might dislike Ozil as much, but if our upper management didn't approve of his treatment of Ozil, he wouldn't be treating Ozil this way. He's a yes man after all.

Something's suspicious. I know we've planned to become the new Everton for a long while. I just didn't expect us to initiate such plans by alienating Ozil in this manner.

We did hire the Spanish David Moyes after all.

We already have an owner like Mike Ashley. So, yeah, we're consolidating to compete with Leicester from here on.

It could very well be that they've had a discussion on using Ozil's wages to clear the way for bringing in two players.

Suarez and maybe Carrasco end of season?

If Ramsey's gone and Ozil goes their combined wages could allow for 3 new top players.

This is what the plan arranged by the new execs may be?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:51 pm

It's the only way it's really excusesable, he is an utter clown otherwise.

Not playing Ramsey especially if you can't play ozil is also beyond clown like, he is doing some bizzare things it has to be said.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:56 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:It's the only way it's really excusesable, he is an utter clown otherwise.

Not playing Ramsey especially if you can't play ozil is also beyond clown like, he is doing some bizzare things it has to be said.

Agreed,

He mega fked up yesterday.

I get it if he's trying to build without players who are going but you can't do that until you've brought in replacements otherwise we basically have this team minus Ozil and Ramsey ............ and that team would then be shocking quite frankly.

Iwobi, Guendouzi and Xhaka are our midfield to push us forward? gtfo.

He needs to be playing Ramsey and fkin Ozil, not neither of them.

Can Iwobi, Guendouzi and Xhaka do this?

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:23 am

Marsbar100 wrote:It's the only way it's really excusesable, he is an utter clown otherwise.

Exactly. People can argue as much as they want about the quality of the squad but surely he should be trying to get the best out of what he has, it doesn't look like he wants to do that at all, im not sure what he is trying to do.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:23 am

There is now no question Emery wants Ozil out ... I agree with him and others don't, football is all about opinions ... however as it stands not one club has so far made an official approach to buy Ozil (I guess the salary is an issue not just for us) and Ozil has made it clear he does not want to go out on loan. Sounds like a standoff where the big loser is going to be Arsenal football club. Like Payet at West Ham this could end very badly.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Ozil holds all the cards here, i think Emery is going to have to back down and start to use ozil, realistically we will have to keep ozil until summer 2020 at least, I think in his last year we could sort something out but not ATM.
Marsbar100

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:00 pm

Any chance that the board, or anyone above emery is creating the whole ozil sabotage in objective to free up space for wages/new players?

I understand emery earlier when he demanded ozil to do more. But what he is doing now is sabotaging his own success.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:15 pm

It looks like it I don't think it's going to work tbh, no one is going to buy him with them wages and I doubt he is going to want to lose them wages and take a huge paycut.

The best scenario in terms of getting rid of him is a loan where we pay half his wages, surely it's better for us to pay him 350k than pay him 175k to play for another team.
Marsbar100

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Dejan wrote:Any chance that the board, or anyone above emery is creating the whole ozil sabotage in objective to free up space for wages/new players?

I understand emery earlier when he demanded ozil to do more. But what he is doing now is sabotaging his own success.

There very well could be.

Emery's position as Coach means he will have directives from above, he is not in the same position as Wenger where he makes policy.

As a coach would you so brazenly isolate your most expensive player wage wise if this hadn't been approved as an overall strategy?

We'll have to see how this plays out but as I said earlier, Ramsey and Ozil going is enough wage space for 3 top players or even 4 players if lower tier mixed in.

Its a combined £460k pw of wages
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Dejan wrote:Any chance that the board, or anyone above emery is creating the whole ozil sabotage in objective to free up space for wages/new players?

Its a pointless fight tbh. The man has contract until 2021 with 350k week deal. Do they really think by feeding the media negative stuff he is gonna walk away from the club? And ozil has the support of the fans. When you are struggling to create and you bring in bellerin and torreira to sort that. Then you are losing the battle. His statement saying the players picked were the one who deserved it smacks of huge ego. Ultimately emerys job is to do whats best for Arsenal football club and give us the best chance to win every match. He did not do that against west ham picking 3 rbs in the squad ahead of ozil. And that to me is very serious thing
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

There very well could be.

Emery's position as Coach means he will have directives from above, he is not in the same position as Wenger where he makes policy.

As a coach would you so brazenly isolate your most expensive player wage wise if this hadn't been approved as an overall strategy?

We'll have to see how this plays out but as I said earlier, Ramsey and Ozil going is enough wage space for 3 top players or even 4 players if lower tier mixed in.

Its a combined £460k pw of wages

I think this is the sensible approach even if Ozil was performing consistently. It just makes sense for us as a club atm, despite how good he is on his best days.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club