The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby indy23 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:11 am

Ozil won the world cup
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:39 am

indy23 wrote:Ozil won the world cup

So did all this lot - does that mean should they all be starting for Arsenal? is that your point?

3 are retired, 2 have made money moves to joke leagues, 3 are bench warmers, just 6 are still playing, and only Ozil at the top of the EPL.

GK 1 Manuel Neuer - missed a season through injury back at BM
RB 16 Philipp Lahm - Retired
CB 20 Jérôme Boateng - Bench player BM
CB 5 Mats Hummels - Bench player BM
LB 4 Benedikt Höwedes - Gone to Russia for a last pay day
CM 23 Christoph Kramer - Playing at Borussia M
CM 7 Bastian Schweinsteiger - Gone to US for a last pay day
RW 13 Thomas Müller - Playing at BM
AM 18 Toni Kroos - Playing at Real Madrid
LW 8 Mesut Özil
CF 11 Miroslav Klose - Retired
Substitutions:
FW 9 André Schürrle - Playing at Fulham in a relegation battle
MF 19 Mario Götze - Bench player BM
DF 17 Per Mertesacker - Retired
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:11 am

Tbh, if Ozil is fit he should be starting. Emery is f***ing around with him too much.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:15 am

EliteKiller wrote:
indy23 wrote:Ozil won the world cup

So did all this lot - does that mean should they all be starting for Arsenal? is that your point?

3 are retired, 2 have made money moves to joke leagues, 3 are bench warmers, just 6 are still playing, and only Ozil at the top of the EPL.

GK 1 Manuel Neuer - missed a season through injury back at BM
RB 16 Philipp Lahm - Retired
CB 20 Jérôme Boateng - Bench player BM
CB 5 Mats Hummels - Bench player BM
LB 4 Benedikt Höwedes - Gone to Russia for a last pay day
CM 23 Christoph Kramer - Playing at Borussia M
CM 7 Bastian Schweinsteiger - Gone to US for a last pay day
RW 13 Thomas Müller - Playing at BM
AM 18 Toni Kroos - Playing at Real Madrid
LW 8 Mesut Özil
CF 11 Miroslav Klose - Retired
Substitutions:
FW 9 André Schürrle - Playing at Fulham in a relegation battle
MF 19 Mario Götze - Bench player BM
DF 17 Per Mertesacker - Retired

Thank

I agree with everyone on the sell ozil if we can train. He's not worldclass
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ESR10 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:36 am

Santi wrote:Tbh, if Ozil is fit he should be starting. Emery is f***ing around with him too much.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Angelito » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:49 am

Mustafi wrote:
Santi wrote:Tbh, if Ozil is fit he should be starting. Emery is f***ing around with him too much.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:56 am

He is being pushed out because we have a wage cap issue, he is on to much money for what he offers, we haven't got top 4 with ozil the last 2 years, it's done he is the old arsenal and the face of what was wrong with it, what is the big fuss, I will repeat we failed to make top 4 two years running whilst he was our superstar 10.

Ideally it would be good if we could play him whilst waiting for him to piss off but he will not f**k off if we play him for obvious reasons.

ATM him and the club are playing poker, who will win I don't know he obviously has the upper hand though.

If we get rid of ozil and do f**k all in the transfer market then fair enough having a go will be merited, for now accept we have to accept we are in a transition phase.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:00 am

Arsenal can't afford to put up a team consisting of championship caliber Xakha, league 2 player Guandonzi against any PL team, not to talk of a fairly strong West Ham side, and not field Ozil, Ramsey , Torreira or El Neny. All of them fit and ready.
Either Emery's stupid or his personal agenda is taking precedence over logic.
Is he saving his steller midfield against Chelsea, and treat the game against West Ham like that of Blackpool? Is he naive/idiot or has already lost the plot or a second Maureen?
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby tsakis » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:35 am

Can we please be supporters and support the team?? No point in to calling all our players pubbers that won't change anything.. We are in transition and we have to accept that this might affect how emery can do his job. We don't know what club said to him or hell, we don't know what ozil might have told him at training or something. We have to trust him on that.. About Ramsey he played nearly half a match and apart that 5minutes he did nothing.. Also he has his bags ready don't know if starting him is wise for various reasons. There are rumors we are trying to convince juve who want him now to give us benatia on loan, in case that is true do you want to have him injured???

Don't even let me start on enleny.. Apart from the fact that he is in fact worse than both xhaka and guendouzi worse aspects combined, we trying to offload him too..

Torrito seemed tired and he is giving him rest for Chelsea game that is a sensible thking to do and he also played nearly half match too...

We have to accept that team looked shit overall in terms of intensity and that is gradually happening from the end of December.. I think they are working far harder than last year in training and on the pitch and that has taken its toll... I hope it is that and the players adjust..
tsakis
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:35 am

I've been critical of Ozil but this is not the way to treat a player with his talent. I'm sure it will cause tension in the dressing room and even if we want to sell him, we can't because no team will offer him those crazy wages. We're stuck with him and best make use of him.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby PairyGrows » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:53 am

I hate to repeat myself but what if the club have decided that they'll need to cut spending to turn in minimal losses? If Ozil has a (quite lucrative) clause granting him a bonus based on how much he plays, perhaps Emery has been told that he cannot play Ozil because we're trying to save some money.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby indy23 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:58 am

All speculation.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:06 am

PairyGrows wrote:I hate to repeat myself but what if the club have decided that they'll need to cut spending to turn in minimal losses? If Ozil has a (quite lucrative) clause granting him a bonus based on how much he plays, perhaps Emery has been told that he cannot play Ozil because we're trying to save some money.

He has 2 and half years left on his 350k deal. Thats about 45 million in wages left for him. If the idea is to decrease your chances as a team and freeze him out while paying 350k a week. Its beyond madness. Either way he gets paid. Yesterday he needed a goal and brought in a dm and a right back. Granted both should have started.....but 3 right backs instead of ozil
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:13 am

PairyGrows wrote:I hate to repeat myself but what if the club have decided that they'll need to cut spending to turn in minimal losses? If Ozil has a (quite lucrative) clause granting him a bonus based on how much he plays, perhaps Emery has been told that he cannot play Ozil because we're trying to save some money.

You need to provide a source for that with some reliable insider info otherwise it's just a theory. Freezing Ozil out makes no sense because your taking him out of the shop window.

If the club wanted to sell him, it's a simple case of offering him to other clubs and telling Ozil he's not wanted here and we're looking for a buyer.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 am

Godlop wrote:
theHotHead wrote:So why give him that wage?? FFS, it was only a year ago they gave him his new contract!!

That argument makes no sense.

Gazidis was the boss back then.

If you noticed the whole agenda against Özil within the club started when Gazidis left and Raul Sanllehi took over.
I'm not surprised about this since Sanllehi worked many years for Barcelona.

And Gazidis knew Arsenal's financial position
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club