The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby indy23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Jedi wrote:
indy23 wrote:Win the league? Lol hahahahaha. Yeah u need money to do that. This is about top 4 at best and ozil still not getting into squad. I'll say this again ozil had his own sick day situation long before emery started giving him the yank. I'llnesss here illness there

Daily reminder we've spent more money than Liverpool since 2014.*

*net spend

Net spend ha lol. Cuz they scammed Barcelona with that coutinho fee. Apples and oranges.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Godlop » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:25 pm

Angelito wrote:Sell Ozil and win the League? I'm not sure what people are expecting.

The part you aren't realizing is that we won't be signing any world class player as long as Emery is here. Forget transfer fees, I doubt any world class player would want to play for Emery after the Neymar/Ozil incident.

He's fallen out with three of the biggest players he's managed.

People here are assuming that we will sign some top players once Ozil is gone. Well, get ready to overpay for Everton-tier player as we consolidate our grip on 6th place.

I don't think Emery has fallen out with Özil.

Arsenal has to take a step back and start a new.
You can't play Europa League 3 years in a row with Özil earning 350k and Ramsey 250k a week.

Arsenal is trying everything to get rid of Özil as quickly as possible.
Obviously Emery takes all the blame but in my opinion he's just doing what the club bosses tell him.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby PairyGrows » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Something just occurred to me. What if Ozil has a clause in his contract which grants him a bonus for making more appearances? What if we're not playing him purely as a measure of cutting costs?
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Jedi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:08 pm

indy23 wrote:
Jedi wrote:
indy23 wrote:Win the league? Lol hahahahaha. Yeah u need money to do that. This is about top 4 at best and ozil still not getting into squad. I'll say this again ozil had his own sick day situation long before emery started giving him the yank. I'llnesss here illness there

Daily reminder we've spent more money than Liverpool since 2014.*

*net spend

Net spend ha lol. Cuz they scammed Barcelona with that coutinho fee. Apples and oranges.

And we could have scammed someone by getting Alexis to sign a new contract on time and then selling him instead of letting him on a free. Same with Ramsey.

I didn't say the didn't do good business. The point is they work under a similar budget and they're probably going to win the league.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:22 pm

Someone start offering him to chinese clubs for silly money. World cup winner, former real madrid player, slightly past his best. Surely he's perfect for that league. One of those clubs might pay decent money to get him.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:37 pm

Sorry folks but in the end quality wins.

You can have as many hard working and runners on your team but the thing that separates you from the mid table teams is quality.

You cant substitute skills with hard work.

If you think you can sell Ozil (which is going to be difficult in itself) and then get 3 cheaper hard working players for him, you are going to disappointed with the results. That will marginally improve your team at best but will not be anywhere near enough to let you complete with the big boys who have more skilled players and are willing to spend more than us. Our position on the table will still be the same at the end of the season. We need several big signings to improve this team and we need a manager that understands the value of skills and can handle big name players.

What's worse is that as time goes by, you wont find either big name players or big name coaches want to come here if we dont make the adjustment right now. Even now, look at the kind of players we are being linked to in the Arsenal transfer rumors page. It is sad.

The business model Arsenal are going for is to discover young players that are going to be stars. That's our only feasible avenue to squire talent under the new cheap business model and unfortunately that is going to be make it very very difficult to stay in the top 4 given the current makeup of the league. Winning the league is nearly impossible with that formula in the current environment.

What you are currently witnessing is a team transforming into an Everton like club but still clinging on to its name and history to give the illusion that it is a big club. Over time that illusion will be harder to keep. In fact, I would go as far to say that Everton has a brighter future than us because of Usmanov.

Sad times ahead with the current coach, management, and owner of this club.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby The Break Water » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:54 pm

need to get this guy off the wage bill badly
The Break Water
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gooney » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:18 pm

Mike Dean wrote:Sorry folks but in the end quality wins.

You can have as many hard working and runners on your team but the thing that separates you from the mid table teams is quality.

You cant substitute skills with hard work.

If you think you can sell Ozil (which is going to be difficult in itself) and then get 3 cheaper hard working players for him, you are going to disappointed with the results. That will marginally improve your team at best but will not be anywhere near enough to let you complete with the big boys who have more skilled players and are willing to spend more than us. Our position on the table will still be the same at the end of the season. We need several big signings to improve this team and we need a manager that understands the value of skills and can handle big name players.

What's worse is that as time goes by, you wont find either big name players or big name coaches want to come here if we dont make the adjustment right now. Even now, look at the kind of players we are being linked to in the Arsenal transfer rumors page. It is sad.

The business model Arsenal are going for is to discover young players that are going to be stars. That's our only feasible avenue to squire talent under the new cheap business model and unfortunately that is going to be make it very very difficult to stay in the top 4 given the current makeup of the league. Winning the league is nearly impossible with that formula in the current environment.

What you are currently witnessing is a team transforming into an Everton like club but still clinging on to its name and history to give the illusion that it is a big club. Over time that illusion will be harder to keep. In fact, I would go as far to say that Everton has a brighter future than us because of Usmanov.

Sad times ahead with the current coach, management, and owner of this club.

All true. Personally if Ozil was younger I would hope the board would tell him he has to play Ozil. But Ozil sadly today cant demand that and if the manager dont want to play him....move him on. By moving him on it has to be a loan. A player of his age isnt just gonna walk out on 350k a week cause new manager dont like him.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:31 am

swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:51 am

Coming out from the training ground - Ozil was told he was going to be on the bench, he threw his toys - if true can't blame Emery for dropping him. As I said If True then if it is you can understand Emery's cryptic comment about 'not deserving' a place in the squad.

It's hard to believe that Emery wouldn't put Ozil on the bench, could it be about money, is Ozil on a bonus for starting? it has to be something ... the club or Emery need to clarify what the f**k is going on, fan base already splitting and that just negatively impacts the team as we saw under Wonger
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:58 am

It's pretty simple Emery gave ozil his chance to be a star and he didn't take the stage, is he better than what we have of course but to sacrifice 350k he needed to boss it.

He was given his chance and Emery and the board don't feel he is worth 350K, it's clear as day they are trying to force him out.

We aren't city or united if we pay someone 350k they need to be delivering like a hazard or aguero, ozil fulls way short of that.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:00 am

Lol Aguero has been shit for a while
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:02 am

Ozil has proved himself. World Cup and all. Emery hasn’t won a bag of chips yet.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:03 am

swipe right wrote:Ozil has proved himself. World Cup and all. Emery hasn’t won a bag of chips yet.

Lol what

Sevilla and PSG say hi
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:09 am

Ach wrote:Lol Aguero has been shit for a while

Shit or not he gets 30 goals a season
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100