12/01/19 | West Ham United 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 12/01/19 | West Ham United 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Fenice » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:49 pm

Sims wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
indy23 wrote:Watch the team open up if we get wingers. Why do we have to sacrifice one for the other? So mismanaged this club and it's wage structure from the past. Under no circumstances can we extend mustafi here. Or allow those level signings.

exactly. i mean... wtf would a top levele manager, someone wh we can agree who is a top level manager, klopp or pep , do with this roster?

Klopp, Pep & Poch would all finish top 4 with this squad

I’d put a heavy wager on that. Emery clearly isn’t their level, but this is turning dire. They didn’t get a high quality manager, then give him the budget to get us to 4th. Can’t go cheap on both.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby BrunelGooner » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Sims wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
indy23 wrote:Watch the team open up if we get wingers. Why do we have to sacrifice one for the other? So mismanaged this club and it's wage structure from the past. Under no circumstances can we extend mustafi here. Or allow those level signings.

exactly. i mean... wtf would a top levele manager, someone wh we can agree who is a top level manager, klopp or pep , do with this roster?

I think you underestimate just how bad some of these players are. Genuinely.

All of the sides above us have better quality and better squads than us. I also think United do as well.

If Emery did finish top 4 with the 6th best squad in the league, he'd have to be a contender for manager of the season.

Anyway, now that it's obvious we won't finish top 4, we need to put as much emphasis as we can on the Europa League. It's our best shot. And though Chelsea, Napoli, Inter and Sevilla are all better than us, the gulf in class isn't the same as when we played Bayern or Barca. So we still have a decent shot of winning it even if we aren't outright favourites.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Fenice wrote:
Sims wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

I’d put a heavy wager on that. Emery clearly isn’t their level, but this is turning dire. They didn’t get a high quality manager, then give him the budget to get us to 4th. Can’t go cheap on both.

I agree. Pep and Klopp get the best out of players, I don't see Emery improving any player this far.

Like I said the team are not that bad bit shit tactics and bad team selection have been a constant theme here. Emery needs to fix it. The same players battered Spurs one week then got battered the next.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby indy23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:53 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Sims wrote:Klopp, Pep & Poch would all finish top 4 with this squad

Yet even Wonger couldn't and he knew the players inside out ... Klopp, Pep & Poch would not get this squad top four, nobody would. We had a 'lucky' 22 game run, but even during it we all knew that the defence was still leaking goals for fun ... now that luck has turned we're seeing the real level this squad is at.

To be one nil down and not have a shot on target in the last 25 minutes? enough said ...

Emery and Wenger had this squad both teams lack creativity and width. But at arsenal u can't be competent throughout the squad unless u sell a good player. So we will sell lacazette like a small club and buy a winger. Than auba will be ran into ten ground and some kid will try and do the job and we will falter again. My one hope is we have footballing people in the club now. Sven Raul clearly see the shit and writing on the wall... CEOs like gazidis who have no athletic part in their body had too much say in who got extended and what players to bring using some anaylatics machine that pissed out dud after f***ing dud.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:55 pm

dumbasses like ox and Walcott ...

exactly ... how have they helped their new sides? ppffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttt.

btw, i still dont saythe 22 streak was luck. we artent converting enough.
that iwobi miss is the easiest best example. no coaching, no BS excuses. the
team worked the ball to one of its players and it was on a f***ing platter. and he deosnt ecen put it on frame.

you think pep, klopp or poch can fix THJAT? never. its lack of quality in the player. no more. no less.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby indy23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:55 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Sims wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

I agree. Pep and Klopp get the best out of players, I don't see Emery improving any player this far.

Like I said the team are not that bad bit shit tactics and bad team selection have been a constant theme here. Emery needs to fix it. The same players battered Spurs one week then got battered the next.

Klopp literally f***ing replaced everyone. Pep cleaned house and kept kompany Silva and aguero. Their first winter they spent like 90 million. We can't even loan a f**k.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:56 pm

BrunelGooner wrote:Emery deserves criticism for the appalling team selection today, but the players just didn't look up for the fight at all.

Yes and I don't mean to harp on about it but with 3-4-3 because our players end up playing end to end they don't get time on the ball to start trying to play decent football and this team feeds off our momentum.

When we don't have any for long periods they start to lull, which is why we always come alive when he makes the 2nd half formation change along with taking out some of the dross.

We need to start games like that now, we can't keep trying to win a game in 45mins.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:58 pm

que????????
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:00 pm

"The same players battered Spurs one week then got battered the next."

so its on the manager? you dont wtf you are on about, man.

so, let's see... look at messi, look at cr7. does it matter at all wtf the manager is? no.

so when messi has a cold streak its cos the manager is failing to get teh best out of him?
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby indy23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:01 pm

Losmeister wrote:dumbasses like ox and Walcott ...

exactly ... how have they helped their new sides? ppffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttt.

btw, i still dont saythe 22 streak was luck. we artent converting enough.
that iwobi miss is the easiest best example. no coaching, no BS excuses. the
team worked the ball to one of its players and it was on a f***ing platter. and he deosnt ecen put it on frame.

you think pep, klopp or poch can fix THJAT? never. its lack of quality in the player. no more. no less.

Klopp replaced his whole team with atleast 40 million dollar signings in every position. 70 million for vvd = our back 5. Plus 70 for a while keeper. 40 a piece for their elite wingers. Over a 100 in the middle not including dumb signings like ox. He kept henderson. He couldn't get a once Spanish international who is only 26 playing to his best and is playing some overhyped jabberoni there because he does the job in his system. Better. Ffs he can line up fabino at cb today because the players aren't pubbers. We cheaped out ,last year manager and the players were shit. Manager got replaced and we spent 70 on 5 players. Allison cost 70 alone.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:01 pm

indy23 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Sims wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

Klopp literally f***ing replaced everyone. Pep cleaned house and kept kompany Silva and aguero. Their first winter they spent like 90 million. We can't even loan a f**k.

'swhut am sayn. they'd blow this roster the f**k up.
we simply do not stack up to the teams above us.
they have better players than we do.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby indy23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:03 pm

Losmeister wrote:"The same players battered Spurs one week then got battered the next."

so its on the manager? you dont wtf you are on about, man.

so, let's see... look at messi, look at cr7. does it matter at all wtf the manager is? no.

so when messi has a cold streak its cos the manager is failing to get teh best out of him?

Agreed goes both ways. U can't ask a dog to be a cat . Asking guendozi to turn into pirlo to save us is pure naivety bybthe club as a whole. Imagine losing 5 times in January and being told nope no money cuz pubbers make such n such on our team
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BouncySean » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:03 pm

Just on overground on way back from game not sure if I've ever saw a performance that bad.

Emery is delusional if he thinks we deserved more out of the game.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby indy23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Losmeister wrote:
indy23 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Sims wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

'swhut am sayn. they'd blow this roster the f**k up.
we simply do not stack up to the teams above us.
they have better players than we do.

Simple as man. Simple as.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby indy23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:06 pm

BouncySean wrote:Just on overground on way back from game not sure if I've ever saw a performance that bad.

Emery is delusional if he thinks we deserved more out of the game.

How often have we heard this in the last 2 and a half years.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19