Denis Suárez

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Denis Suarez

Postby gooney » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:08 am

We are ranked 6th richest tem in the world. Yet we cant afford to buy a player lol
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:50 am

gooney wrote:We are ranked 6th richest tem in the world. Yet we cant afford to buy a player lol

Its not what we can afford, its what Kroenke approves for us to spend.

We are his asset now, he owns us outright, if he doesn't want to spend ........... we don't spend.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Interest: waning » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:We are ranked 6th richest tem in the world. Yet we cant afford to buy a player lol

We are his asset now, he owns us outright, if he doesn't want to spend ........... we don't spend.
Do you think you'll be happy supporting the club for your whole life knowing it may well stay that way? I.e. wholly owned by a non-caring, tight-fisted American. What if he completely ruins the club?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:12 pm

Interest: waning wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Do you think you'll be happy supporting the club for your whole life knowing it may well stay that way? I.e. wholly owned by a non-caring, tight-fisted American. What if he completely ruins the club?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I support the club and badge.

That's not going to change, good times or bad.

What if Cities owner stops pumping in money and they return to League 1?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:42 pm

They won't. Man City is a soft power play by the UAE. It's not about making the UAE look good to the average Brit, it's to hold leverage over the government should they try to act against the Emir's interests.

When was the last time a UK govt dared to publicly criticise Dubai's role in money laundering and financing all manner of criminal activity?

They won't, unless they want to risk City pulling out a billion plus in investments. I'm not talking about the Agueros and KDBs, but the massive infrastructure and employment they've put in. The political fallout would be huge, so local politicians will actively lobby No. 10 to STFU
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:48 am

net worth != cash on hand
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Aye but given we don't have the highest value assets either, you'd expect some level of positive correlation.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby The Break Water » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:37 pm

So how good is this guy?. Never seen him play. I am always very wary of clubs who are fine to let a player go, so how good is he? what level is he at?.
The Break Water
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby TrafalgarLaw » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:55 am

If I remember Barca had a clause that if he played another match, Man City would receive like 800,000 euros? Yet Barca played him after that match where they completely dropped him from the squad when rumours were strong. I think the deal is dead otherwise I doubt Barca would have played him even if there was a small chance of him coming.
TrafalgarLaw
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:57 am

Arsenal will finalise the signing of Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez, 25, next week with the clubs set to settle on a loan deal with a permanent option. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:59 am

The Break Water wrote:So how good is this guy?. Never seen him play. I am always very wary of clubs who are fine to let a player go, so how good is he? what level is he at?.

He's not been good enough to play top level football for Barcelona, who play teams far weaker than he would face in the EPL, that said Barca do have a far better squad than we do ... he's been back on their books for the last three years, 46 games 3 goals mostly in Cups and mostly as a substitute, only made 4 La Liga starts in the last 18 months. This season he's played just 17 minutes in La Liga (two late subs) and 24 minutes in the CL (again two late subs)

At 25 and with 5 years experience in La Liga he must have potential, if we do sign him having hardly played at all for weeks there's little chance that he's match fit. The biggest concern is that he's famed as a terrible finisher, and many Barca fans call him ligero ... which translates to lightweight ... do we honestly need another one of those?

He has the ability, so far that's never quite turned into performance, to join us would be probably his last big chance at a top club. So at least he should arrive fully motivated.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:06 am

Cazorla also would've been termed lightweight and yet was our best CM
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby elber » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Two bob clubs like Bournemouth are dropping 19M on inexperienced Liverpool rejects yet the 6th richest club in the world can’t afford to buy any players unless it’s a loan deal. The same club that charges it’s supporters the most expensive season tickets in Europe.

This club doesn’t even deserve any success let alone a loyal fan base.

Then again the fans are mugs for putting up with this bs for all these years.
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby FARM » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:46 pm

Arsenal fans just throw around random people from foreign clubs and its all a load of nonsense, we have no clue if they are really any good and we never watch them play, youtube is fake, youtube clips EVERYONE looks amazing, Silvestre, Senderos, Chamakh all look amazing in clips.

in summer I heard Seri , Seri, Seri, we need to sign Seri, he is amazing and just what we need, he is a great DM, he would be perfect for us, he would solve many of our problems, he is Kante's twin I heard. BULLSHIT, you don't even know who the f**k he is. Now we have seen at Fulham, he is absoutley garbage, he is beyond awful, one of the worst players I have ever seen in the Premiership, he can barely even do a 2 yard pass without f***ing it up.

Stop throwing around these random names who we don't even know are any good. time to sign proven only players
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gooney » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:49 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
The Break Water wrote:So how good is this guy?. Never seen him play. I am always very wary of clubs who are fine to let a player go, so how good is he? what level is he at?.

He's not been good enough to play top level football for Barcelona, who play teams far weaker than he would face in the EPL, that said Barca do have a far better squad than we do ... he's been back on their books for the last three years, 46 games 3 goals mostly in Cups and mostly as a substitute, only made 4 La Liga starts in the last 18 months. This season he's played just 17 minutes in La Liga (two late subs) and 24 minutes in the CL (again two late subs)

At 25 and with 5 years experience in La Liga he must have potential, if we do sign him having hardly played at all for weeks there's little chance that he's match fit. The biggest concern is that he's famed as a terrible finisher, and many Barca fans call him ligero ... which translates to lightweight ... do we honestly need another one of those?

He has the ability, so far that's never quite turned into performance, to join us would be probably his last big chance at a top club. So at least he should arrive fully motivated.

not one of our players are good enough to play for barca. Also coutinho who was seen as one of the best in the PL is seen as nothing more than ok player by barca fans. In fact a lot of them think he is not good enough. The standard we judge players on compared to them is night and day. Suarez is not good enough for barca, would be top 3 player for us though
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to World Football