General Chit Chat

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: General Chit Chat

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:54 pm

Ach wrote:Buy it

I knew you'd steer me right
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I'm seriously considering spending way too much money on a jacket I love, I already have buyer's regret and I haven't even purchased it.

I can't justify spending so much on an article of clothing, but on the other hand I never splurge on anything and it will be one of my most cherished possessions.

This is a quandary, lads.

How much and what jacket
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Zenith » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:55 pm

If you can afford it and if it's a high quality, timeless piece and not bunk yuccie, herd behavior-ridden trend that will disappear in 2 years, then go for it.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Define "afford" lol.

In all seriousness I can buy it, but with that same money I can pay for two years of my gym memberships ( I go to a couple).

It's more a question of being smart and practical than strictly a money concern.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow tbh, it's Gucci and they only have 3 more left in my size in the entire company so I have to act fast.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:06 pm

For Vava.... from 2012 lol

UFGN wrote:A few days ago I treated myself to something ive wanted for about a year....

One of those black "The North Face" coats. Its huge, with the fleece inside and everthing, and a hood thats harder to fold back into the collar than the roof of an italian convertable.

Problem is, im not cool enough to wear it. Its easily the most expensive peice of clothing ive ever owned.

I can feel it hanging in the corner, glaring at me, snarling.... "who the f**k are you? You cant wear me! Youre just some c*** who looks like a w***er in an expensive coat.... Im getting onto my union about this, take me back to the shop this instant!"

:crybaby:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:11 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Define "afford" lol.

In all seriousness I can buy it, but with that same money I can pay for two years of my gym memberships ( I go to a couple).

It's more a question of being smart and practical than strictly a money concern.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow tbh, it's Gucci and they only have 3 more left in my size in the entire company so I have to act fast.

I was looking at a Canada Goose jobby for about £700 to replace the North Face one as mentioned above, which has now had it's day

My brother tells me they're no longer worth buying cos there's too many Chinese fakes about now

UFGN

Postby Zenith » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:38 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Define "afford" lol.

Damn, that pretty much confirms it's a four-figure jacket.

Listen man, if you're really digging it and think it's a durable piece and something you can picture yourself wearing for many years to come, then go for it.

But as I said, if it's one of those extravagant Gucci throwback late 80s bombers which have a production value of less than $50, but is sold for a twentyfold, I'd skip this one if I were you.

UFGN wrote:A few days ago I treated myself to something ive wanted for about a year....

One of those black "The North Face" coats. Its huge, with the fleece inside and everthing, and a hood thats harder to fold back into the collar than the roof of an italian convertable.

Problem is, im not cool enough to wear it. Its easily the most expensive peice of clothing ive ever owned.

I can feel it hanging in the corner, glaring at me, snarling.... "who the f**k are you? You cant wear me! Youre just some c*** who looks like a w***er in an expensive coat.... Im getting onto my union about this, take me back to the shop this instant!"

:lol:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I'm seriously considering spending way too much money on a jacket I love, I already have buyer's regret and I haven't even purchased it.

I can't justify spending so much on an article of clothing, but on the other hand I never splurge on anything and it will be one of my most cherished possessions.

This is a quandary, lads.

I actually know what you mean.

When a piece of clothing is so pricey out of your budget you can't enjoy wearing it as you spend all your time slightly concerned about ruining it.

I buy quite expensive clothing but only because Italian designer's make stuff that suits me, however I have my limits and if the Jacket is more than £500, I'm a bit like meh, I want to relax not be worried about someone scuffing my jacket all night.

The moral of the story ............. "If you can't afford to ruin it then you can't afford to wear it".

If your wondering who said that ........... I did.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Ffs vava seen that hector bellerin pic and gone full fan girl hasn’t he :doh:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:08 pm

I don’t mind occasionally paying a bit more for the label, but those Canada Goose coats are a piss take.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:31 pm

You can’t beat buying some really good quality gear as every time you wear it, you appreciate it and it lasts so much longer.

Never spent a grand on a jacket though!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:46 pm

Dont buy it you c***

I buy new shoes and jacket every 3 years

Not even mad

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Dejan wrote:Dont buy it you c***

I buy new shoes and jacket every 3 years

Not even mad

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Looooooool

And nah Mesut, Bellerin couldn't pay me to wear his get up tbh.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Rockape » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Currently watching the Kate Bush story I’d recorded a while back. Feckin love her....such an original talent. Elton John saying she was invited to his civil partnership celebration and out of 600 people there, the only person anyone was interested in was her. Such a talent! :hail:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:07 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I think I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow tbh, it's Gucci and they only have 3 more left in my size in the entire company so I have to act fast.

ffs Vava gonna be out here looking like a zoo exhibit
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee