13/12/18 | Arsenal 1-0 Qarabag FK | Europa League

Re: 13/12/18 | Arsenal vs Qarabag FK | Europa League

Postby Fran Solo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:08 pm

JackWilshereSuper wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Yeah Saka is looking good, better than all of our other youngsters bar maybe ESR.

People are always like "Be patient they're young" even with Iwobi who's now in his 20's but you either have have it or you don't, you can tell that from 19 onward's.

Mbappe, Guendouzi etc you can always see it even early, I've seen enough youngsters from AFC over my time to know.

Iwobi also good, but not true class like Mbappe

I think that's quite normal for young players to lose form occasionally. Gabriel Jesus has been quite awful this season. And where is Renato Sanchez now?
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby JackWilshereSuper » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
JackWilshereSuper wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Yeah Saka is looking good, better than all of our other youngsters bar maybe ESR.

People are always like "Be patient they're young" even with Iwobi who's now in his 20's but you either have have it or you don't, you can tell that from 19 onward's.

Mbappe, Guendouzi etc you can always see it even early, I've seen enough youngsters from AFC over my time to know.

I think that's quite normal for young players to lose form occasionally. Gabriel Jesus has been quite awful this season. And where is Renato Sanchez now?

What I say is Iwobi good, but not so good like Mbappe. He still good enough for club like Arsenal rotating
JackWilshereSuper
Patrick Vieira

Postby Interest: waning » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:26 pm

JackWilshereSuper wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
JackWilshereSuper wrote:

What I say is Iwobi good, but not so good like Mbappe. He still good enough for club like Arsenal rotating
Piss off, troll.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby JackWilshereSuper » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Interest: waning wrote:
JackWilshereSuper wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
JackWilshereSuper wrote:

Piss off, troll.

What you mean by troll?
JackWilshereSuper
Patrick Vieira

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:40 pm

JackWilshereSuper wrote:
JackWilshereSuper wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
JackWilshereSuper wrote:

Piss off, troll.

What you mean by troll?

Looooool !! Jack Wilshere Super now speaks broken English :rofll:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zenith » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Re: 13/12/18 | Arsenal 1-0 Qarabag FK | Europa League

Postby Rockape » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:23 am

I fell asleep at half time! Woke up briefly to see us miss an open goal and dropped off again! I could see Saka was quality within five mins of his first appearance! Swap him for Iwobi in the pecking order I reckon!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:34 am

theHotHead wrote:
JackWilshereSuper wrote:
JackWilshereSuper wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
JackWilshereSuper wrote:

Piss off, troll.

What you mean by troll?

He sounds like Tarzan.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Cannoner » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:32 am

Saka looked good, deffo wanna see more of him on the wing this season.

I liked the look of Medley too, had a sense of class about his touch and technique.

The futures bright :D
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Rockape » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
JackWilshereSuper wrote:
JackWilshereSuper wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
JackWilshereSuper wrote:

Piss off, troll.

What you mean by troll?

He sounds like Tarzan.

Tarzan with a sprinkling of Yoda!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby haklenda » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:36 pm

I didn't watch whole match but the part I watched we were pretty solid. It was a nice thing to play Europa League because some younger players get a chance and bench stayed in form for Premier League. Hope we can win the title this year because qualification to Champions League via Premier League will be very hard.
haklenda
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Santi » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Our fans really can be awful at times, massive respect to the 20-25k who actually turned up in the cold last night and made an effort to sing. Block 6 was still a decent atmosphere although it started a bit quiet and awkward but was fine after 10-15 mins.

Too many k***s with season tickets and even regular tickets who just couldn't be arsed to turn up, fvck you all. One guy on the Arsenal ticket group said he even got inside his car and then decided he couldn't be arsed :dontknow:

Cheap tickets, home match, chance to see some exciting talents and some returning ones but no...cba to support the team today.

Anyway, enjoyed the game, saka and some of the other youngsters looked good, that left back is f***ing huge jesus christ. Nketiah should've done a bit more but need to see his offside goal again. Meanwhile Lacazette is such a f***ing beast, he links up so well and is much more than the poacher I expected, love him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby BouncySean » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Santi wrote:Our fans really can be awful at times, massive respect to the 20-25k who actually turned up in the cold last night and made an effort to sing. Block 6 was still a decent atmosphere although it started a bit quiet and awkward but was fine after 10-15 mins.

Too many k***s with season tickets and even regular tickets who just couldn't be arsed to turn up, fvck you all. One guy on the Arsenal ticket group said he even got inside his car and then decided he couldn't be arsed :dontknow:

Cheap tickets, home match, chance to see some exciting talents and some returning ones but no...cba to support the team today.

Anyway, enjoyed the game, saka and some of the other youngsters looked good, that left back is f***ing huge jesus christ. Nketiah should've done a bit more but need to see his offside goal again. Meanwhile Lacazette is such a f***ing beast, he links up so well and is much more than the poacher I expected, love him.

Agree with everything you've said here (I was also at the game.) Block I was in was shocking no atmosphere at all I tried starting a few songs and chants but nothing came about its kind of difficult when you go by yourself to start chants.

There were 2 idiots sat behind me who was constantly slating Saka saying that he bottled it (in relation to chances) in the EL.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Some people are nuts mate, how he's blown it when he looked good, despite some lost possessions and his missed chance (actually a pretty decent save btw), shows they're just out to moan. But at least they turned up in fairness to them.

Which end were you at? Clock end was dead af, shame Qarabag didn't bring more than 100 because usually being near the away fans is a great laugh but there was nothing going on up there.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Zedie wrote:How are these kids doing in the reserve league? I should really watch them more...

8th in the under 23 league
Seems a little fragmented in team selection with players off joining the first team and some international tournaments that have fallen outside the regular international Windows
Nketiah has scored a few though
6 I believe
They really don't seem to play enough games
But we have not won at this level since the beginning of October
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19