British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:40 am

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:So what if he changes his mind as more things come to light? The circumstances are changing almost daily.

Must say I've not felt the need to change my mind at all

Funny how most of the things now "coming to light" were explained before the vote

The rest have been caused by brexiteers

I try to be reasonable I really do, but when the Brexit side have f***ked up each and every inch of this, from not listening to warnings before the vote, to how they've behaved since, what can I say?

Oh get over yourself.

People should be allowed to change their mind without being pilloried by sanctimonious prigs.

Lol woteva m9

The way you've carried on on here and then you demand a clean slate? You're lucky I'm a reasonable person. I could be having a field day if I chose to.

Feel free. I couldn't care less.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:08 pm

UFGN wrote:If you don't like DGs or Phil's opinion on Brexit, wait 10 minutes

It'll change

First of all I didn't vote so I have the right to change my "opinion" however I see fit or as often as I want as I didn't finalize any decision or cast any vote.

Secondly, I actually haven't changed my view .............. please explain?

The only thing that's happened since is Leave haven't offered a plan to back, that's not a change of opinion that's a circumstance.

Your arguments are not right, they've not been confirmed, you've just been let off even needing to debate because Leave never came to the party, that's actually not the voters fault, they've been let down by the Leave MP's.

Its a bit hard to win an argument when one party doesn't turn up.

Your high horse has no legs UFGN.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

It'll change

First of all I didn't vote so I have the right to change my "opinion" however I see fit or as often as I want as I didn't finalize any decision or cast any vote.

The only thing that's happened since is Leave haven't offered a plan to back, that's not a change of opinion that's a circumstance.

Your arguments are not right, they've not been confirmed, you've just been let off even needing to debate because Leave never came to the party, that's actually not the voters fault, they've been let down by the Leave MP's.

Admittedly it was a bit if a low blow but how can you criticise me exactly?

Every bloody thing I said would be a major problem before the vote is now in fact a major problem

So imagine my surprise when people who told me I didn't know what I was talking about are now changing their minds weekly as these issues, er..... come to light

Ireland

The City and banks getting ready to leave

Having to stay in the single market or f**k the economy

Not being able to control immigration much after all

The UK at risk of breaking up (that's a new one, that was "new" news just today)

Go back and look at my EU thread

It's like reading today's news
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:01 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

It'll change

Admittedly it was a bit if a low blow but how can you criticise me exactly?

Every bloody thing I said would be a major problem before the vote is now in fact a major problem

So imagine my surprise when people who told me I didn't know what I was talking about are now changing their minds weekly as these issues, er..... come to light

Ireland

The City and banks getting ready to leave

Having to stay in the single market or f**k the economy

Not being able to control immigration much after all

The UK at risk of breaking up (that's a new one, that was "new" news just today)

Go back and look at my EU thread

It's like reading today's news

I never said you didn't know what you were talking about, I said its yet to be proven as per whatever deal or plan Leave cobbled together, guess what ................ we're still waiting for that plan.

However as per my current dim view I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt at this time because Leaves silence on issues like NI etc is deafening to the point I'm wondering if they ever had a workable answer.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:35 am

Just watching Channel 4's "The Real Brexit Debate".

Its very good actually, the guy hosting is trying to pin them to answer questions rather than gloss over them and not answer.

PS - judging by this in two days Mays deal is getting sunk like the Titanic.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:33 am

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:04 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Just watching Channel 4's "The Real Brexit Debate".

Its very good actually, the guy hosting is trying to pin them to answer questions rather than gloss over them and not answer.

PS - judging by this in two days Mays deal is getting sunk like the Titanic.

I think they're at the point where they're now playing "Nearer, My God, To Thee" as it sinks.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:14 am

Phil71 wrote:It's official. Let's just do it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-46481643

Let's do that, let's ignore the votes of 57m people and go crawling back to the EU, the same EU that's just tried to screw us over with a truly shite Leave deal .... yeah let's do that and f**k what all the people voted for ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:47 am

EliteKiller wrote:

Let's do that, let's ignore the votes of 57m people and go crawling back to the EU, the same EU that's just tried to screw us over with a truly shite Leave deal .... yeah let's do that and f**k what all the people voted for ....

The UK government are telling us that this is the best deal we will get. As they are the people who have been negotiating for the past two years, I guess we have to take their word for it.

But it seem it's not the brexit that most people had hoped for.

So... take it back to the people.

ACCEPT THE DEAL
or
REMAIN IN THE EU
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Phil71 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

The UK government are telling us that this is the best deal we will get. As they are the people who have been negotiating for the past two years, I guess we have to take their word for it.

ACCEPT THE DEAL
or
REMAIN IN THE EU

EK, he has a point.

If people who voted Leave wanted Hard Brexit then they should of pressed Leave MP's to actually arrange the deal and lead it.
They left it to May a Remainer and so this is the deal you have, only have themselves to blame, at this point there is no blueprint for a clean WTO Brexit, no solutions arranged for Ireland etc etc transport, imports, business solutions so sorry they've missed the boat sitting on the sidelines.

They haven't even managed to unseat May the other week, they've cocked it, Hard Brexit is dead.

Remain or Mays Leave is all that's left.

For WTO to even be in the discussion they would need to oust May this week and get a WTO plan written up, all solutions and present it to the public and parliament ............. without that they can fk off for wasting our time.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

ACCEPT THE DEAL
or
REMAIN IN THE EU

EK, he has a point.

If people who voted Leave wanted Hard Brexit then they should of pressed Leave MP's to actually arrange the deal and lead it.
They left it to May a Remainer and so this is the deal you have, only have themselves to blame, at this point there is no blueprint for a clean WTO Brexit, no solutions arranged for Ireland etc etc transport, imports, business solutions so sorry they've missed the boat sitting on the sidelines.

They haven't even managed to unseat May the other week, they've cocked it, Hard Brexit is dead.

For WTO to even be in the discussion they would need to oust May this week and get a WTO plan written up, all solutions and present it to the public and parliament ............. without that they can fk off for wasting our time.

Indeed it has been a complete waste of time.

544 MPs voted in the House in support of the EU referendum taking place. I wonder how many of those have since worked tirelessly to disrupt the process.

The government have had no chance of getting any sort of brexit deal passed. The whole thing died as soon as the High Court ruled that Parliament would have the final say. At that point hundreds of remain and opposition MPs rubbed their hands with glee and declared victory. We may as well have given up then.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

ACCEPT THE DEAL
or
REMAIN IN THE EU

EK, he has a point.

544 MPs voted in the House in support of the EU referendum taking place. I wonder how many of those have since worked tirelessly to disrupt the process.

The government have had no chance of getting any sort of brexit deal passed. The whole thing died as soon as the High Court ruled that Parliament would have the final say. At that point hundreds of remain and opposition MPs rubbed their hands with glee and declared victory. We may as well have given up then.

If it wasn't for the high court ruling then May's deal would be going through now unopposed
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:36 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

ACCEPT THE DEAL
or
REMAIN IN THE EU

EK, he has a point.

If it wasn't for the high court ruling then May's deal would be going through now unopposed

I'm not saying the High Court ruling was wrong.

My point is that once it happened there was no chance of getting anything passed. She could have delivered a gilt-covered, diamond-encrusted brexit deal that would satisfy everyone in the country, and remainers & her political opponents would still take the opportunity to block it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm

The problem stemmed from the High Court ... you hold a referendum so that the people can decide ... Referendum - a vote in which all the people in a country or an area are asked to give their opinion about or decide an important political or social question

If you then usurp that process by giving parliament authority over the referendum result ...what's the point of having the referendum?

Once parliament was given the final say Leave / Remain was doomed ... that's because parliament votes for what's good for MP's not necessarily what's good for the country ... instead of a Yes / No vote you get all the political nuances - Tory splits - Labour splits - DUP - and every other fecker all saying, and now ultimately voting, on what works for them and their narrow interests and not what works for the country ...

The High Court ruling was wrong - in a democracy the will of 57m people must overshadow the personal wishes of 650 MP's ... however clever they all claim they are ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:48 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

ACCEPT THE DEAL
or
REMAIN IN THE EU

EK, he has a point.

I'm not saying the High Court ruling was wrong.

My point is that once it happened there was no chance of getting anything passed. She could have delivered a gilt-covered, diamond-encrusted brexit deal that would satisfy everyone in the country, and remainers & her political opponents would still take the opportunity to block it.

I don't think so.

If that was the case then remain and opposition MPs wouldn't have ratified the referendum result, but they mostly did.

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate