The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Ach » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:24 pm

In other news

Brook said on Khan: "I am going to go after the big names in America and the fights all the fans want.

"I am going to do my thing. I don't need him at all. It's just a tick, a grudge match - the years of bad blood form each other.

"It's not the end of the world and I will move on."

Never heard of him and now hes running from Khan lol
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:35 pm

UFGN wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Surely they need to go technological, it's ridiculous to have have such different scorecards ffs

They're not that different

wilder being given the first four rounds by that mexican idiot is massively different. that's a third of the fight that stevie wonder with a sombrero scored wrong

first round couldve gone either way but the following 3 were 100% fury's rounds and i dont know how anyone could see it differently
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:09 am

It seems like Wilder has changed his tune, probably read all the comments saying people think he lost, seems like Fury vs Wilder 2 on the way ......... either that or the PPV numbers came back good lol.

I do think Wilder is a bit pissed off, tbh though if I were him I'd go for Joshua but I guess his ego won't stand being questioned for 8 months lol.

VaVa may get his wish after all.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/deontay ... ants-next/
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:21 am

Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Surely they need to go technological, it's ridiculous to have have such different scorecards ffs

They're not that different

wilder being given the first four rounds by that mexican idiot is massively different. that's a third of the fight that stevie wonder with a sombrero scored wrong

first round couldve gone either way but the following 3 were 100% fury's rounds and i dont know how anyone could see it differently

Less than 2% differential across all three cards
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:40 am

Fury arguably won 10 rounds

Conservatively he won 9

At minimum he won 8

Doesn't matter how in sync the judges were, at the end of the day they ballsed it up with a combination of collusion and incompetence.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Jedi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:29 pm

If i was Fury i'd say no to this. He has to come to England, regardless of whether his opponent is Joshua or Fury. f**k his belt. Nobody wants to get cheated again. Done nothing to be the one setting the terms of the 2nd fight.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:50 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46462624

Lol he was on the pitch at half time celebrating his draw.

Anyway good luck in getting Wilder out of his comfort zone
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Apparently Canelo vs GGG 3 is in the works as T Mobile arena has been reserved by Golden Boy promotions (Canelo's team) and GGG promotion for Cinco de Mayo weekend.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Apparently Canelo vs GGG 3 is in the works as T Mobile arena has been reserved by Golden Boy promotions (Canelo's team) and GGG promotion for Cinco de Mayo weekend.

Boring.

I already didn't watch the 2nd fight, now they're just milking the $$$.

Although if GGG wins I'd be very happy, not sure if he's up for it anymore though.

.............. now if we're talking about the Wilder vs Fury rematch, I'm all in, that fight didn't end as far as I'm concerned!

There is definitely more boxing needed to bring that match to a proper conclusion, I don't think I've ever seen a more appropriate need for a rematch in all my life.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:15 pm

"My situation is that: [Wilder's] saying that I won't fight him," he said (via BadLeft Hook). "As I've said, I'm willing to fight Deontay Wilder [on] April 13th in London. So I don't know what more I have to do to get that message across.

"He's more interested in fighting Tyson Fury. Tyson Fury holds no world titles.

"Let me say this: I can't control what Deontay Wilder, I can't control what Tyson Fury does -- or even as far as what they say. But what I can control is what I say and what I'm doing.

"I made sure, with the negotiations, I've booked the date in advance, set the venue in advance and I'm making my point clear in front of everyone watching: I'm willing to fight any one of these guys, especially the [WBC] champion Deontay Wilder, April 13th at Wembley. What more can I say?

"I'm not interested in Tyson Fury, though, 'cause he's not the champion. That's where I'm coming from. But that 'lineal' status, when I was joining the heavyweight ranks no-one told me about lineal champion.

"I knew about WBC, IBO, IBF, WBA and WBO, and I've got my hands on four of them. So I don't know where this lineal just popped out of the woodworks from.

"But if I've got to get my hands on that too, and that's a belt that the world's interested in, then Fury can step in if he's serious. That's where I'm coming from: I wanna fight the champions.

Wilder, over to you

As for the lineal champ, lol. Literally no one knew or cared what that was and Fury put in his place. Try win some fights before coming at the champ
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Joshua doesn't even know the history of the sport or understand how it works.

Lol embarrassing

Have fun fighting Whyte/Chisora or Miller.

Wilder and Fury will give the fans a proper HW fight. Again.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:17 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Joshua doesn't even know the history of the sport or understand how it works.

Lol embarrassing

Have fun fighting Whyte/Chisora or Miller.

Wilder and Fury will give the fans a proper HW fight. Again.

Wilder is actually ducking now.

Just so you know, he prefers the 50/50 cut that he'll get from Fury because he's fed up of begging Joshua for more share.

Also on the lineal thing ...........he's right, its fk all.

Nothing but an invisible title Fury's using to bolster the fact that he doesn't have a belt.

I hope Wilder and Fury get it on quickly because one of them needs to fight Joshua before one of the greatest HW trio we've seen since Ali, Frazier, Foreman slips up and loses a belt.

I'm actually surprised Wilder is willing to give up taking the April Joshua date because he may never get a shot at unifying the title .......... but saying that if its Joshua vs Fury for all the belts in Wembley I won't be crying about it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:26 am

Yh Wilder is ducking by agreeing to rematch the best HW in the world who most people think he just lost too.

Joshua is the easier fight for Wilder in terms of style and AJ neing worse than Fury.

Wilder is taking the harder challenge.

AJ has come out of Wilder vs Fury looking terrible, being called put by everyone nlfor his bullshit now.

I love it, everyone can see through his shit now as the two best HWs prepare to run it back.

Brilliant.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:05 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Yh Wilder is ducking by agreeing to rematch the best HW in the world who most people think he just lost too.

Joshua is the easier fight for Wilder in terms of style and AJ neing worse than Fury.

Wilder is taking the harder challenge.

AJ has come out of Wilder vs Fury looking terrible, being called put by everyone nlfor his bullshit now.

I love it, everyone can see through his shit now as the two best HWs prepare to run it back.

Brilliant.

By who Americans and Fury nut hugger's?

Joshua looks terrible because he was called to take his mandatory ............ ok then.

Maybe Wilder looks terrible for not accepting the April date Joshua deliberately booked for him.

The only reason Wilder is now keen to rematch Fury is because his ego can't handle that everyone even in America thinks he lost, he's on a mission to save face, he also gets a 2nd 50/50 split, something he know's he can't warrant against Joshua who has 4 belts to his one.

So Joshua is offering Wilder out and is actually making a tour of doing so ........ but yet looks terrible, ok then, your narrative has flat tyres.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:30 pm

By boxing fans.

You can keep your head buried in the sand of you like, all you have to do is look around, everyone is calling his bluff now.

I knew the pressure would be ramped up on him after Fury and Wilder fought and I'm glad it has been. Everyone can see through his bullshit now.

And Wilder looks terrible by taking a a rematch against the best HW in the world who he knows in his heart he just lost to?

Sound logic.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing