Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Aaron Ramsey (8)

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:27 pm

FFS STL, agreed with you all the way up til your last line on your initial post.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dynamite » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:08 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:He was world class, his quality is unquestionable
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:14 pm

Ach wrote:He changed the game as pointed out on motd. His running between the lines which got Aubas 2nd, making foyth his bitch for Laca goal and he did it over and over and spuds didn't know how to deal with it.

Just good? Lol

Agendas have to be met I guess. He was excellent.

Dude give it a rest, its boring now. Plus I have already stated numerous times that I don't think he is shit and that he is a good player - when he cuts out his dumbass shit.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:22 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:He changed the game as pointed out on motd. His running between the lines which got Aubas 2nd, making foyth his bitch for Laca goal and he did it over and over and spuds didn't know how to deal with it.

Just good? Lol

Agendas have to be met I guess. He was excellent.

Dude give it a rest, its boring now. Plus I have already stated numerous times that I don't think he is shit and that he is a good player - when he cuts out his dumbass shit.

Yet you have trouble acknowledging his excellent performance.

Oh wait he was good. Nothing more or less.

That's some praise there.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:25 pm

LOL, I am being a realist. There was nothing excellent about it, it was good. I like Ramsey, you can search and see I have stated that many times. So your "agenda" narrative is nonsense.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:28 pm

theHotHead wrote:LOL, I am being a realist. There was nothing excellent about it, it was good. I like Ramsey, you can search and see I have stated that many times. So your "agenda" narrative is nonsense.

The agenda thing I wasn't being serious with but this clear hate you have for Ramsey is troubling.

I'm kidding btw

He played his part in a great win. His performance was highlighted by pundits. He made Dier cry. I'll take that
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Santi wrote:FFS STL, agreed with you all the way up til your last line on your initial post.

:lol:

Which one?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:55 pm

When any player that I don't rate highly (or think we need better than) on our squad has a good game, or even a great game, I am one of the first to come and acknowledge it, as I've done with Iwobi, Xhaka, and Ramsey a few times now. But do you little kids do the same?

Bottom line is, why do we have to instantly have these childish knee jerk post after every game bringing these differences back up?

Some think Ramsey is great, some think he's good, nobody in reality has said he was shit, but here we are, dealing with the kids again.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:58 pm

GoonerWorld (World Class) quality backnforth whingeing about player assessment.

yall craz
Last edited by Losmeister on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yago » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:58 pm

StLGooner wrote:When any player that I don't rate highly (or think we need better than) on our squad has a good game, or even a great game, I am one of the first to come and acknowledge it, as I've done with Iwobi, Xhaka, and Ramsey a few times now. But do you little kids do the same?

Bottom line is, why do we have to instantly have these childish knee jerk post after every game bringing these differences back up?

Some think Ramsey is great, some think he's good, nobody in reality has said he was shit, but here we are, dealing with the kids again.

So, what are you complaining about? People can't praise him for a good game?
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 pm

StLGooner wrote:The overreaction from people on this site is childishly comical. Ramsey played well but no better than anyone else that played well yesterday. But of course the kids have to come and try to wipe your face in the "I told you Ramsey was good" sayings. Grow the f**k up people. He did good, so what, it wasn't like it was a world class performance for the ages. His 2nd assist needed a gift deflection, and the pass was short to Laca, if it was a better pass he would have been through. Stop overreacting and acting like children. Nobody hates Ramsey or wants him off the team, we just don't agree if he should be starting or not. Can we grow up now?

Well unfortunately that's always going to happen the attempted "I told you so's".

Thing is though as I've said before, this isn't about whether he's good or not this is about his decision to try and ransom a wage above his worth ............ that still hasn't changed.

If he announced he'd be happy to take the original £170k offer he may be in with a chance of staying, until then we have to respect the clubs decision to halt with immediate effect this trend of players thinking they can hold us hostage by running down their contracts.

Welbeck unfortunately could be without a club and without a contract for a year now because he attempted that same game.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:45 pm

Well, I think that is slightly OTT....Ach's comments are clearly tongue in cheek and mine certainly aren't knee jerk. The fact is that we believe we can't afford to let Rambo go without at least negotiating with him. As I've pointed out before, replacing him for a £30m player on £150k a week will cost more than paying him £250k a week, so its not a ransom, its just what players at the end of the contracts are able to do.

We pay Miki £180k a week FFS and look how much influence he had yesterday! Rambo may infuriate occasionally, but he makes things happen and yesterday he was the difference between possibly only drawing the game instead of winning it. If they don't want to pay £250k a week, then lets try for less.......but we want the Club to try!

Welbeck unfortunately could be without a club and without a contract for a year now because he attempted that same game.

Indeed, so you have to admire him all the more for not playing like he's trying to avoid injury, but playing with more passion than our highest paid player!
Last edited by Rockape on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Yago wrote:
StLGooner wrote:When any player that I don't rate highly (or think we need better than) on our squad has a good game, or even a great game, I am one of the first to come and acknowledge it, as I've done with Iwobi, Xhaka, and Ramsey a few times now. But do you little kids do the same?

So, what are you complaining about? People can't praise him for a good game?

No not at all. Go back and read it.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:51 pm

Rockape wrote:

Well, I think that is slightly OTT....Ach's comments are clearly tongue in cheek and mine certainly aren't knee jerk. The fact is that we believe we can't afford to let Rambo go without at least negotiating with him. As I've pointed out before, replacing him for a £30m player on £150k a week will cost more than paying him £250k a week, so its not a ransom, its just what players at the end of the contracts are able to do.

We pay Miki £180k a week FFS and look how much influence he had yesterday! Rambo may infuriate occasionally, but he makes things happen and yesterday he was the difference between possibly only drawing the game instead of winning it. If they don't want to pay £250k a week, then lets try for less.......but we want the Club to try!

Indeed, so you have to admire him all the more for not playing like he's trying to avoid injury, but playing with more passion than our highest paid player!

It's not clearly tongue in cheek when your whole existence on this forum is to wind people up. And it's knee jerk to assume that after a good game that it somehow justifies your stance on how good someone is. Knee jerk and highly immature.

I would never go around or to the Ozil thread after he had a good game and say "Haters on suicide watch", or "haters destroyed". That's what teenagers do.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:54 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:FFS STL, agreed with you all the way up til your last line on your initial post.

:lol:

Which one?

'Nobody hates him and wants him off the team' :snooty: ;)

Agree with all your other posts though, usually just jmiles and crippsylad with a sprinkle of schlandiboy who go overboard in fairness. Yago loves him but usually alright in his assessments, whether we agree on it or not, he's generally realistic at least.

Think I've praised him twice (maybe 3 times) for good games this season, which for him is quite good going only half way through. Can't remember his last world class performance though, yesterday was actually a pretty great game for him but we can't go all out attack every game and I think yesterday suited his game. That and the fact everyone played well (again from watching 2nd half and 1st half highlights) so hard to say he really stood out, just that he did play very well.

If we find a genuine position and use for him on the regular, at a decent wage, then even I'd keep him. However, I don't think he has the skill set for any one position, barring the most advanced CM (NOT CAM) role in a 4-3-3, and his attitude (aka sloppy and slow on ball, unnecessary flicks etc.) has cost him a place in midfield. Even in a 4-3-3 he'd still lose the ball thinking he's a cross between Fabregas and Messi.

Just doesn't have the footballing brain and speed of thought to be as cocky as he is. If he kept it more simple when on the ball and focused back on making his well-timed runs then he'd fix his major flaws.

Final thing - he still had 2 wild and atrocious shots yesterday when his teammates were in the centre of the box, stuff like that fvcks me right off.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football