Re: 29/11/18 | FC Vorskla 0-3 Arsenal | Europa League

Postby Sims » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:25 am

Noice
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Re: 29/11/18 | FC Vorskla vs Arsenal | Europa League

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:10 am

Roycck wrote:FC Vorskla is so poor tonight. They dont look like they give a damn about the match.

They probably didn't. They had their fans and home advantage taken away from them, they had nothing to play for and had to travel 200 miles to the capital to play in sub zero temperatures.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:00 pm

Was an absolutely amazing game (and amazing weekend), really proud of the players who were out there and thankful that they didn’t treat it like the dead game it really was. We had about 500 fans out there and every single one of us had a f***ing cracking time, the atmosphere before, during and after the game was unbelievable...so much better than Lisbon (which wasn’t even bad) and right up there with the semi final in Madrid in all honesty. I’d say the pre-game in Madrid was slightly better, just because it was a semi, so everyone had that extra adrenaline and hype, but overall this might have been my favourite away day just because the result in Madrid dampened the spirits a little.
FWIW all 3 cities are beautiful and worth a visit for sure!

Felt so sorry for the Poltava fans and I really want to write to Arsenal and ask to give them a friendly game in the summer, I know it’s not the same but it’s the least we can do. They still had a couple of thousand absolute troopers turn up and to be fair to them they were well up for it and enjoying themselves which was great to see. I think we were louder, by virtue of being ballsed off our tits ( 3 guys next to me even had their tits out for 30 mins in minus 8-10 temps!!!), but their fans gave it a good go as well. Met a few guys id seen before at away games and we ended up in a big group of 15-20 of us for the game and the night out/next day, everyone was in such good spirits and all just so happy to sing along and f**k around together...really is great how everyone just becomes friends and enjoys the night together.

Speaking of the temperature, it was FUUUUUUUUCKING COLD, we weren’t joking when singing ‘I can’t see my cockkkkk’ it really was unreal, although Robbie said Ostersunds was colder so fk ever going there lmao. The whole weekend was between minus 6 Celsius and minus 15, obviously getting very very cold towards the evening even if you found the day time manageable. You really need proper winter/skiing gear to go there in the winter, my achilles area ended up f***ked from the frostbite. Btw Robbie really is a nice guy, he takes photos with everyone no matter how many people ask or how cold it was! Respect.

After the game we were all slide tackling each other in the grounds on the way out due to being so pissed, some sol Campbell esque flying tackles going on :rofll: with beer costing between 80p-£1.50 it’s hardly a surprise !! Then obvs moved on to a few pubs (again same prices), chat shit with the locals who were actually really friendly and welcoming, and off to a club. The club scene isn’t massive in Kiev but we found a food place called the Caribbean Club which had a show on stage aka 4 hot af Ukrainian women dancing, and then became a club around 1/2am. All in all a quality night from start to finish.

Unfortunately most people were leaving on Friday night due to having tickets for the NLD but a few left Saturday and a few more with me on Sunday night. You would still see gooners across town over the weekend and even met a few other guys at Chernobyl on the Saturday doing the same tour.
Kiev itself is an amazing city, way way nicer and more modern than I expected whilst still retaining some of that old charm (old cars, trams up the hills, historic buildings etc.). Really loved walking around there and finally ticking Chernobyl off my bucket list was amazing, would really recommend both Kiev and a Chernobyl tour to anyone interested. Also felt completely safe there, despite all the shit going on in the country, Kiev never once felt dangerous and all the people were super friendly and nice (particularly the incredible girls fml ), I felt much more unsafe in Rio and probably in London lately tbh. The only thing is they speak limited English and all the signs are in Russian without any translation like there are in most countries, so finding your way around can be a little tough until you get used to it.

All in all was an incredible trip, the game was fantastic, the stadium was impressive and the city was beautiful. Would highly recommend it to all and anyone thinking of going on an away game but skeptics for whatever reason...don’t be...you will f***ing love it and can even go by yourself (I did in Lisbon and Madrid) and still have an unreal time.

I’ll post some photos later or tomorrow. Anyone wants to know more about Kiev then please ask as well, more than happy to let you lot know about it.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:20 pm

M8 great story

But tldr

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13