Danny Welbeck

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Danny Welbeck (23)

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Danny cost us 15M to start with so we really haven't lost much

I want Ramsey out of the club now anyway. If it's in January for money, all the better.

Sell Elneny as well. We really don't need him. The only thing this changes really is if Ramsey goes in January we won't also sell Mkhi. But with his wages a sale was hopeful at best anyway

It's good to have strength in depth but we have far too much depth in midfield.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:08 pm

DialSquaregooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:I'm not having a dig at him but at least he's nearly out of contract

The last thing we need is another Diaby farce

And I'm sorry, but if Wenger was here I'd be shitting myself worrying that hed be given one of Wenger's famous "crocked? Have a new contract then" specials

Yes but this has put AFC down at least £10m which is the rumoured amount Palace were going to offer us in January, that is now off.

Its also robbed us of a productive bench option so all round this one kind of sucks.

Tbf if Ramsey got injured that actually wouldn't of changed anything for us, he seems like he's staying until the clock runs down so we were not in for any money from him ............ this actually might make AFC push for a January sale for Ramsey now because anything we can get i.e £15m or so would off set the Welbeck financial loss.

Is ramsey CL eligible?

Good point, I'm not sure, but we're not in the CL so he can't be disqualified for having previously participated this year?

I think he might be, no? or do they have an automatic later than start of the season block?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:26 pm

Rambo ain’t gonna go anywhere for a fee as he only needs to wait until the end of the season to get a sign on and superior contract. Same would have been for Welbz, so not sure that Palace deal was ever going to happen. Hopefully Welbz has insurance!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:39 pm

And I'm sorry, but if Wenger was here I'd be shitting myself worrying that hed be given one of Wenger's famous "crocked? Have a new contract then" specials

On the plus side Nketiah is now de facto third choice striker, which I'm ok with. He deserves a chance.

From a moral standpoint, we have to offer him a one-year deal at least (until the summer of a 2020), so that he could heal and rehabilitate properly. We're not just a mere company. We're an organization that reaches to every corner of the world. One can't discard its player just like that.

Danny's contract runs out next summer. I think he will be out for 8-10 months. We have to stick by him during this period, especially as he picked this horrific injury playing for Arsenal. There's no need to offer him a long-term deal but anything less than a one-year deal would be poor on our part. As a club, we have certain responsibilities.

All of this of course assuming the severity of the injury and post-trauma recovery.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Angelito wrote:

On the plus side Nketiah is now de facto third choice striker, which I'm ok with. He deserves a chance.

From a moral standpoint, we have to offer him a one-year deal at least (until the summer of a 2020), so that he could heal and rehabilitate properly. We're not just a mere company. We're an organization that reaches to every corner of the world. One can't discard its player just like that.

Danny's contract runs out next summer. I think he will be out for 8-10 months. We have to stick by him during this period, especially as he picked this horrific injury playing for Arsenal. There's no need to offer him a long-term deal but anything less than a one-year deal would be poor on our part. As a club, we have certain responsibilities.

All of this of course assuming the severity of the injury and post-trauma recovery.

indeed, do the right thingt so he can complte the majority of his recovery as a Goon.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:16 pm

Angelito wrote:

Why? He has been offered a new contract in 2017 and again summer 2018 ... he didn't sign ... that was his choice ... why are we now supposed to shell out several million because he got injured?

He knew the risks by not signing a contract , feel very sorry for him but that's life ... he made his choice now he has to live with it ...

Wonger dragged us down this 'nice but lose' path for a decade ... let's not go there again ...

If Danny was a low paid nurse or teacher then fair enough ... but he's a multi-millionaire footballer, and let's not forget he's insured, so he will still be getting 100k a week ... just maybe not 120k ... think he'll manage OK ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Angelito wrote:

No. There is no moral obligation. He's spent a good chunk of his existing contract injured as well.

I'm not saying he should be denied access to our staff and facilities to aid his recovery, only that he shouldn't also be paid
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:24 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Why? He has been offered a new contract in 2017 and again summer 2018 ... he didn't sign ... that was his choice ... why are we now supposed to shell out several million because he got injured?

He knew the risks by not signing a contract , feel very sorry for him but that's life ... he made his choice now he has to live with it ...

Wonger dragged us down this 'nice but lose' path for a decade ... let's not go there again ...

If Danny was a low paid nurse or teacher then fair enough ... but he's a multi-millionaire footballer, and let's not forget he's insured, so he will still be getting 100k a week ... just maybe not 120k ... think he'll manage OK ....

Pretty much this
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Of course we don't need to offer him a new contract, his hardly going to be down the local food bank is he, just help him with his rehab and fitness before he finds another club
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:41 pm

Definitely no new contract.

We’re a football club. Not a charity.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:57 pm

Arsenal have been urged to make a “magnificent gesture” to Danny Welbeck and hand the forward a new contract after confirming that he has suffered a “significant ankle injury”.

The England international is set to see his current deal expire next summer, but Perry Groves wants to see him offered fresh terms.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Why does he have a good given right to be paid millions of pounds? It's perverse.

UFGN

Postby Zenith » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:20 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:47 am

Ach wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Pretty much this

Fkin too right, he should of signed if he wanted to continue getting paid at Arsenal.

He was going to leave end of contract, so ........... let him leave.

I have no issue with Welbeck I've stood by him enough, but the facts are he was leaving and didn't sign with us so he is no longer our responsibility, we're already going to lose out on £10m because of this.

His ankle will be near enough mended by next summer so we'll be paying him up till then.

All these pundits can go fk themselves, I'm so done with them telling Arsenal how we should do things.

If it were down to them we'd still have Giroud and Wenger.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:15 am

Lets not get dragged down this path of judging Welbz on the basis of hypothetical rumours and Twitter bullshit. The current DOF and coach haven't exactly played nice with Wilshere and Ramsey so I think y'all can take a day off from being armchair accountants for AFC.

Can we just wish the guy a speedy recovery and look ahead to our upcoming matches?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football