03/11/18 | Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool | Premier League

Re: 03/11/18 | Arsenal vs Liverpool | Premier League

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:02 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:I’m sure he’ll risk one or two. He has to

There is no point in playing someone who's injured because that will just downgrade their performance to that of a fit stand in, just means they'll likely get injured again and be out for even longer.

I'll be honest even if we lose to Liverpool as long as we go on another long unbeaten run we're still up points wise in the league so I go into this with no fear or expectation, just want the team to put on a show, play the best they can and that's all we can ask for.

We need a performance from Ozil tbf, if he's in god mode then that effects the whole team.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:10 pm

BouncySean wrote:https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news-guendouzi-monreal-kolasinac-bellerin

To me this sounds like Bellerin, Monreal and Kolasinac are all out :(

Oh ffs. Typical Arsenal where all the players occupying the same position get injured at the same time. Who'd have guessed, eh?

As long as it's a 0-2 loss, we're good.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rockape » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:26 pm

Angelito wrote:
BouncySean wrote:https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news-guendouzi-monreal-kolasinac-bellerin

To me this sounds like Bellerin, Monreal and Kolasinac are all out :(

Oh ffs. Typical Arsenal where all the players occupying the same position get injured at the same time. Who'd have guessed, eh?

As long as it's a 0-2 loss, we're good.

Don't worry, I think you'll find its all a cunning plan to lull them into a false sense of security and then, they'll make a last minute recovery! :sneaky2:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

There is no point in playing someone who's injured because that will just downgrade their performance to that of a fit stand in, just means they'll likely get injured again and be out for even longer.

I'll be honest even if we lose to Liverpool as long as we go on another long unbeaten run we're still up points wise in the league so I go into this with no fear or expectation, just want the team to put on a show, play the best they can and that's all we can ask for.

We need a performance from Ozil tbf, if he's in god mode then that effects the whole team.

On the website it says both Monreal and Bellerin have minor injuries. Depending on what stage they are both at they should both be able to play. Monreal should be closer to being fully fit.

For me this is one of the biggest games of our season and could make or break it. We're about to go into the trickiest period of our season yet so a third loss against a big team wouldn't be good at all. It's a must win.

Imagine the shit Emery and the team will get if we lose tomorrow. There will be a hell of a lot of pressure on them going into the Spurs and United games aswell as being branded 'big game bottlers' once again.

If Sokratis, Monreal and Bellerin can't make it at all then fine but if these are minor injuries i'd definitely take the risk.

Big game under the lights. Let's f***ing do this. I hope the crowd are loud as f**k! :arsenal3:
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby indy23 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:27 pm

Im worried about the mistakes xhaka and mustafi will cause. I wish Papa was healthy for this. I can't believe how bad mustafi is.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yago » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:31 pm

From where I'm sitting this has all the looks of an upcoming disaster. let's hope I'm wrong.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:43 pm

Id be very surprised if Kolasinic started. The last time he played was in pre season, right?

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:30 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

On the website it says both Monreal and Bellerin have minor injuries. Depending on what stage they are both at they should both be able to play. Monreal should be closer to being fully fit.

For me this is one of the biggest games of our season and could make or break it. We're about to go into the trickiest period of our season yet so a third loss against a big team wouldn't be good at all. It's a must win.

Imagine the shit Emery and the team will get if we lose tomorrow. There will be a hell of a lot of pressure on them going into the Spurs and United games aswell as being branded 'big game bottlers' once again.

If Sokratis, Monreal and Bellerin can't make it at all then fine but if these are minor injuries i'd definitely take the risk.

Big game under the lights. Let's f***ing do this. I hope the crowd are loud as f**k! :arsenal3:

That's headlines talk not reality, no one game makes or breaks a season, its a culmination of points from every game, people make a big deal out of the top 4 team match ups but its actually how well you do against all those teams your supposed to beat which defines a season.

the last 15 games is a testament that, lost to City and Chelsea but won 12 games and 1 draw and that puts us in the top 4.

Its bigger picture time, if Liverpool makes or breaks us then we're not made of what it takes to make top 4 over a season if we have a team that reactionary.

This will show us where we are amongst the big boys but it won't / shouldn't define our season.

Everyone loses, its how people react to those losses that makes a team what they are, some teams shrivel, top teams take it and use it as fuel to spur them on.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:55 pm

Kolasinac and Bellerin training :pray:

Hopefully this means they're playing tomorrow
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Sims » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:10 pm

We need them two badly
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:11 pm

Monreal and Sokratis also trained!

Very sneaky this from Arsenal. Not many pictures from today's session but the ones that have popped up are encouraging.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby realtalk » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Don't see us beating them. We will probably lose and get exposed all round.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby indy23 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Monreal and sok would put me at ease. Mustafi xhaka means we will need to score at least 3 to even get a point.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Stop worrying

This Liverpool side are not all powerful.

If our forward line have a good day we can outscore them.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby indy23 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:21 pm

True but u seen our first halves. I expect the same. Doesn't magically get fixed
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19