In the news today...

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: In the news today....

Postby Phil71 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Wouldn't put it past them, especially given in recent years the courts have always tended to go with the homosexuals over religious freedom plus the initial issue happened shortly after Parliament introduced the gimmick of same-sex "marriage" so you can understand why they might have that bravado.

Hi Mods

If this stupid c*** is allowed to mouth off, I'll just call the thick streak of piss all the names under the sun

Fairs?

Hardly mouthing off when I'm not swearing or being abusive, merely expressing a view that is reasonably held. I will note that I have never sworn at you even in the face of all the swearing and rude names you direct at me.

Shut up and get back under your rock you pathetic slug

I don't have to justify calling a racist, homophobic idiot whatever I want

I'm not going to respond in kind to that. However I forgive you for your rudeness.

:lol:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:52 am

lol

They love each other really.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:23 am

Thanks mountain biker shot in Morzine story escalated rapidly this morning, with the news that he was the lowest form of life and even his Mother was happy he was dead. Sounds like Karma.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:12 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/not-fair-world-cycling-bronze-medalist-cries-foul-after-transgender-woman-wins-gold

I'm all for equal rights, but this is ridiculous. It's absolutely unfair for a trans woman to compete against women.

It's like when Serena played the 200-something ranked male tennis player and got destroyed or the USWNT played our U-15? team and got assblasted.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:01 pm

LMAO wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/sports/not-fair-world-cycling-bronze-medalist-cries-foul-after-transgender-woman-wins-gold

I'm all for equal rights, but this is ridiculous. It's absolutely unfair for a trans woman to compete against women.

It's like when Serena played the 200-something ranked male tennis player and got destroyed or the USWNT played our U-15? team and got assblasted.

A trans wrestler has won the state title in Texas for two years in a row.

It's complete bullshit.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Jedi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:18 pm

Yeah this is bollocks. Even if you're on board with all progressive ideas about gender this doesn't make sense because the divide shouldn't be by gender. It should be by sex.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:26 pm

Yeah it's crap

But actually I have a bigger problem with how trans people are treated like perverts and pariahs by the right wing press

This is a red herring, it's not the big issue
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Pudpop » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:41 pm

It doesn't have to be a big issue for it to be an issue though?

There is a reason why most sport is segregated, and that reason is just as relevant today as it was before the LGBT movement
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Pudpop wrote:It doesn't have to be a big issue for it to be an issue though?

There is a reason why most sport is segregated, and that reason is just as relevant today as it was before the LGBT movement

Go onto a right wing news source and find me a positive story about a trans person / people and maybe you'll have a point....

Not even joking btw

Go find a good news or positive story about a trans person on the Daily Mail, Fox or Breitbart

Good luck
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Pudpop » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:03 pm

I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying that just because it's used as a right wing talking point/propaganda that doesn't mean it isn't a real issue.

It's like the photo ID situation in the US. At the moment it's a divisive issue because introducing compulsory photo id's can be seen as discriminatory etc. but at the end of the day most civilised countries use compulsory photo id's because they're bloody useful. So it's claimed that Republicans only want it as a form of suppression but that doesn't change the fact that it makes sense for all Americans to have a photo ID.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:09 pm

Pudpop wrote:I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying that just because it's used as a right wing talking point/propaganda that doesn't mean it isn't a real issue.

It's like the photo ID situation in the US. At the moment it's a divisive issue because introducing compulsory photo id's can be seen as discriminatory etc. but at the end of the day most civilised countries use compulsory photo id's because they're bloody useful. So it's claimed that Republicans only want it as a form of suppression but that doesn't change the fact that it makes sense for all Americans to have a photo ID.

Discrimination is not the only way that ID cards can be used to suppress people

And it's not a "fact" that it makes sense for all Americans to have an ID card. If you disagree with the principle of having an ID card, then it makes no sense at all.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:04 pm

lol yeah they had this stuff on Question time.

Should we let Trans people use womans toilets?

I love it when progressive "discussions" hit a brick wall because a member of the so called progressives gets offended.

In this bout you have Transwomen who want us all to accept and take part in their self view and on the other you have women who object to sharing a bathroom with what they see is a man / woman with penis.

............... let the fight begin.

I've even heard on some discussion where the guy was like "I wouldn't have sex with a Tranny" and the Far Left girl was like "Why not you fancy women right so what are you saying, the Tran isn't a woman?" lol

This is where the liberals lose all credibility, see the world my way or your a racist / sexist / transphobe.

This is where we are now, have sex with a tranny or your transphobe lmao.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:lol yeah they had this stuff on Question time.

I love it when progressive "discussions" hit a brick wall because a member of the so called progressives gets offended.

In this bout you have Transwomen who want us all to accept and take part in their self view and on the other you have women who object to sharing a bathroom with what they see is a man / woman with penis.

I've even heard on some discussion where the guy was like "I wouldn't have sex with a Tranny" and the Far Left girl was like "Why not you fancy women right so what are you saying, the Tran isn't a woman?" lol

This is where the liberals lose all credibility, see the world my way or your a racist / sexist / transphobe.

Do you think Trans people get a fair hearing from the right wing press?

UFGN

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:16 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:lol yeah they had this stuff on Question time.

Are you talking about Ginuwine, the R & B singer?

Said he wouldn't date someone if he knew they were trans, turned down a kiss from a trans woman and was promptly branded transphobic.

Just ridiculous.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Sims » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Obvs a fan of progressive rights in the LGBQT community but there’s no chance id get with a bird who used to be a fella

Don’t think there’s anything wrong with that opinion tbh
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee