British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:52 pm

Well, I don’t know what I expected from Theresa May today, but it certainly wasn’t her strutting onto the stage to Dancing Queen.

She’s an utter embarrassment.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:56 pm

Phil71 wrote:Well, I don’t know what I expected from Theresa May today, but it certainly wasn’t her strutting onto the stage to Dancing Queen.

She leads a government that slaughters disabled people like diseased cattle by way of neglect and humiliation

But it's the dancing that people have a problem with
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Sims » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:24 pm

she isn’t actually a human

She is a lizard in a suit
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:54 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Well, I don’t know what I expected from Theresa May today, but it certainly wasn’t her strutting onto the stage to Dancing Queen.

She leads a government that slaughters disabled people like diseased cattle by way of neglect and humiliation

Tbf have you seen her dancing? ............ the comparison is apt.

But yes I agree she has been a miserable scheming Prime Minister and I just wish just one presenter would put her on the spot ............

"Why are you persisting with Chequers when you know it has zero % chance of being implemented, none, ziltch?"

I've seen the end game and the fact that she's not trying to sell or prepare for "No Deal" means she's putting this country at risk.

March 2019 will be a defining moment in British politics, the showdown will be will Parliament dare vote down Brexit after no deal happens and keep us by default in the EU?

Will they dare ..............

I think that's exactly what will happen because the Far Left don't believe in democracy but there will be big ramifications because of it, I believe as Boris Johnson said, a failed Brexit will embolden the Far Left meaning the Far Right will also increase its supporters in response.

Bunch of w*nkers and why I want No Deal to succeed, democracy must be upheld at all costs.

Even if you wanted Remain, if democracy is over turned then all bets are off for the future.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:13 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Tbf have you seen her dancing? ............ the comparison is apt.

But yes I agree she has been a miserable scheming Prime Minister and I just wish just one presenter would put her on the spot ............

"Why are you persisting with Chequers when you know it has zero % chance of being implemented, none, ziltch?"

I've seen the end game and the fact that she's not trying to sell or prepare for "No Deal" means she's putting this country at risk.

March 2019 will be a defining moment in British politics, the showdown will be will Parliament dare vote down Brexit after no deal happens and keep us by default in the EU?

Will they dare ..............

I think that's exactly what will happen because the Far Left don't believe in democracy but there will be big ramifications because of it, I believe as Boris Johnson said, a failed Brexit will embolden the Far Left meaning the Far Right will also increase its supporters in response.

Bunch of w*nkers and why I want No Deal to succeed, democracy must be upheld at all costs.

Even if you wanted Remain, if democracy is over turned then all bets are off for the future.

It never had anything to do with democracy

The political elite want us out of the EU, especially the Tories

It suits their agenda. Their ultimate wet dream. Low tax, low wage economy not answerable to any scrutiny.

The PR referendum was allowed by the establishment because they knew they'd done a good enough job of sabotaging it

The EU vote a cynical ruse to let the peasants drown themselves in anti immigration kool-aid

Meanwhile as a handy bonus get two years of basically free reign to do whatever they like domestically cos all anyone talks about is brexit

You don't get a referendum on anything unless THE MAN is going to get a result he wants
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:12 pm

That may of been true for yesteryear but the Tories of today want the EU.

Not sure abut the % of grass roots but definitely the elected members in Parliament, what is it 50/50 split for the Cons who want to Remain?

As for democracy its not to do with what the politicians want, its to do with what the people voted for and them carrying it out despite their views which is at stake.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:23 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45784043

Why was the acting Comissioner of the Metropolitan Police being driven round with no armed bodyguard?

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:11 pm

UFGN wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45784043

Why was the acting Comissioner of the Metropolitan Police being driven round with no armed bodyguard?

It’s a very good question.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:42 pm

DG apparently is a neural on Brexit. He claims not to have voted mainly because he wasn't sure what was best. Not, as I suggested, because he's a keyboard warrior who couldn't be arsed to vote. Oh, no no no. Perish the thought.

I always thought this was bullshit and while reading through some old posts I found out I'm not senile after all, as I thought, he was trying to rewrite history

CONTEXT: DG in a convo with Zedie a few weeks ago:

DiamondGooner wrote:
I'm not a Brexiteer

DiamondGooner wrote:Me, I'm neutral.

....and in a convo with me in August

DiamondGooner wrote: I didn't vote because I didn't feel I had enough info or agenda for that matter to warrant making the decision

Oh but wait a minute, a few days after the vote, June 26th 2016

DiamondGooner wrote:
I'm with "Leave" because I want my elected parliament to set law in the UK because they are beholden to the voter, I'm with "Leave" because the EU is obviously heading down the path of a Super State, I'm with "Leave" because British tax payers money should be here and be able to be accounted for not disappear down a Rabbit hole, I'm with "Leave" because as the 5th / 6th largest economy in the world we have no need to be embroiled in an un-elected EU

Couldn't be arsed to vote tho. It was raining.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:35 pm

I did think leave was a good idea though so ...................

Not sure what your point is here?

Just because you think something is a good idea and could / should work if implemented properly doesn't mean I have to be all in to the point I vote for it, if I was I would of?

If I was a "Brexiteer" I would of voted simple as that.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:02 pm

DG, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Your post that UFGN posted shows you in huge support of Brexit.

There's no way around that, you should have voted.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:45 pm

I liked the idea of it.

But the lack of information on how it would be implemented and what the true results would be mean't I didn't have enough conviction in it to vote.

In all fairness I don't see what the issue is, if I wanted to vote I fkin would of, why does it matter to you if I did or not?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I did think leave was a good idea though so ...................

Just because you think something is a good idea and could / should work if implemented properly doesn't mean I have to be all in to the point I vote for it, if I was I would of?

Make a change today and simply admit the truth that you thought leave was a good idea but now realise it's a f***ing car crash.

Everything else you've posted in the last few pages is avoiding doing that and it makes no sense whatsoever.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:43 pm

Zedie wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I did think leave was a good idea though so ...................

Make a change today and simply admit the truth that you thought leave was a good idea but now realise it's a f***ing car crash.

Everything else you've posted in the last few pages is avoiding doing that and it makes no sense whatsoever.

I thought Leave could be a good idea, I still think it could be.

I see no future in Remain but being tied to an over stuffed, over regulated market which could bring us crashing down in the future once its absorbed us enough, on top of that we don't even have a seat at the head of the table anymore and we only really had a faux seat at that considering France and Germany hold all the cards.
We don't even use the flipping Euro ........... why is that?

All this Brexit talk has completely glossed over the issues Spain, Ireland, Italy and especially Greece were having.

Just because Theresa May "A Remainer" is doing her best to fk it up, doesn't mean the idea was bad ........... currently the only thing that's off is the execution.

Tbh what bothers me more than anything is the obvious and in your face flaunting of democracy by our Gov't, I will never support the Gov't trying to subvert a democratic decision by back dooring the public.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:27 am

I'm sick to the back teeth of f***ing brexit.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate