Laurent Koscielny ~ Lolo

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Laurent Koscielny (6)

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:44 pm

Bit part
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:50 pm

Needs to be sold
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Sims » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:52 pm

Straight back in for Mustafi

Even with half an Achilles he’s better than that stupid c***
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:08 pm

Mustafi is borderline Squillaci levels.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Phil71 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:50 pm

Kos has announced his retirement from international football.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Good news

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Mustafi is borderline Squillaci levels.

Rahh
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:20 am

Not sure the 'anti Les Bleus' rant did him any favours ... FFS France won the World Cup it's not like they picked the wrong players ... hope he does get back to fully fit but his best years are long past ... we've moved on .....

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/laurent-koscielny-international-retirement-arsenal-france-world-cup-heartbreak-a3961581.html
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:14 am

Actually a good thing for Arsenal. Some players like Ramon Diaz and Bernd Schuster had their own problems with their national team, but prove to be amazing for their clubs.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:19 am

I can understand where Koscielny is coming from. He was a lock for the World Cup. That injury changed everything. If it weren't for the injury, he'd be a world champion right now. He's justified to feel devastated.

Giroud is a world champion and he didn't score a single goal in the WC despite being France's leading striker. Meanwhile, we have a CB who bordered world class territory, but missed out on a great opportunity. Of course, he's salty.

Yes, it's not fair. But that's how life is. Mario Götze will forever be remembered as the man who scored Germany's most important goal of the last 28 years. It doesn't matter if he's a flop overall.

I feel for Koscielny but the upside is that the World Cup has become more of a cultural event that celebrates football. Club football is the real deal, so Kosc come back and let's win the Cup Treble this season. :D
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rockape » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:47 am

He said he was bitter about being the forgotten man as he was injured and singled out Deschamp for criticism. He then said he heard from him in Sept on his birthday, which would seem to suggest the Deschamp was thinking of him. He can hardly expect a phone call every week when it was known it was a long term injury.

Anyway, I like Kos and hope he can get back to full fitness and that the rest has done him good.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:00 am

Angelito wrote:I can understand where Koscielny is coming from. He was a lock for the World Cup. That injury changed everything. If it weren't for the injury, he'd be a world champion right now. He's justified to feel devastated.

Giroud is a world champion and he didn't score a single goal in the WC despite being France's leading striker. Meanwhile, we have a CB who bordered world class territory, but missed out on a great opportunity. Of course, he's salty.

Yes, it's not fair. But that's how life is. Mario Götze will forever be remembered as the man who scored Germany's most important goal of the last 28 years. It doesn't matter if he's a flop overall.

I feel for Koscielny but the upside is that the World Cup has become more of a cultural event that celebrates football. Club football is the real deal, so Kosc come back and let's win the Cup Treble this season. :D

Yeah agree with all of that.

And it says a lot about Deschamps that he didn't spare the time to contact Kos. A twenty minute phone call wouldn't have killed him.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:35 am

Don't think France would have won the world cup with kos, far to many mistakes in his game, doing so much better without him
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:49 am

Marsbar100 wrote:Don't think France would have won the world cup with kos, far to many mistakes in his game, doing so much better without him

Not the point.

Kosc will stare at the horizon and feel only if I were fit. That's what's being discussed here.

Koscielny hasn't won major honors, save for the FA Cups. Players like Ozil and Alexis have won with the national team and at club level. Kosc is a player of similar stature as a defender and it's sad not to see him with at least one league title. The World Cup would have gone a long way in compensating for that void.

I know there's nothing called as "deserves" in football but I'd like to see us win the league title for the likes of Koscielny and Monreal, who've been our best defenders of this era (alongside Sagna) and deserve at least one league title.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:07 am

Angelito wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Don't think France would have won the world cup with kos, far to many mistakes in his game, doing so much better without him

Not the point.

Kosc will stare at the horizon and feel only if I were fit. That's what's being discussed here.

Koscielny hasn't won major honors, save for the FA Cups. Players like Ozil and Alexis have won with the national team and at club level. Kosc is a player of similar stature as a defender and it's sad not to see him with at least one league title. The World Cup would have gone a long way in compensating for that void.

I know there's nothing called as "deserves" in football but I'd like to see us win the league title for the likes of Koscielny and Monreal, who've been our best defenders of this era (alongside Sagna) and deserve at least one league title.

Players have to make their own luck as well though

It's a new era at Arsenal with a better chance of the title. It's down to them to stick with the club and make it happen
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club