UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:30 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Brock fights next Saturday against Randy Couture for the heavyweight belt. Should be good. Of course Brock is twice his size, and a beast of a man, but Randy is an old veteran genius.

That fight is only going to go one way unfortunately :(. Randy will get a pasting. Reason being that hes a ground and pound kinda guy ( apart from the time he surprised chuck by standing up with him haha ) and to do that generally you need to be stronger than the other guy, which is plain for the eye to see that he aint stronger than Brock. I just cant see any other way for Randy to win ( even though I want him to ).

Randy stood up with Tim Slyvia too, and whooped his ass. You'd be surprised what Randy can do, and if he gets Brock on the ground its over. I'm picking Randy, unless he's out of shape, which he never is.

Little side bet Tiff? :sneaky:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ScottishLass » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:35 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Brock fights next Saturday against Randy Couture for the heavyweight belt. Should be good. Of course Brock is twice his size, and a beast of a man, but Randy is an old veteran genius.

That fight is only going to go one way unfortunately :(. Randy will get a pasting. Reason being that hes a ground and pound kinda guy ( apart from the time he surprised chuck by standing up with him haha ) and to do that generally you need to be stronger than the other guy, which is plain for the eye to see that he aint stronger than Brock. I just cant see any other way for Randy to win ( even though I want him to ).

Randy stood up with Tim Slyvia too, and whooped his ass. You'd be surprised what Randy can do, and if he gets Brock on the ground its over. I'm picking Randy, unless he's out of shape, which he never is.

Lets face it though.. Sylvia is a loser lol. Brock is completely different to Sylvia :) But yes I'll take a side bet if you wish? I've won side bets on here before lol ( Libs :P ) so I see this as an easy bet to keep my streak going. Brock in the 2nd. You seen how easy Chuck flattened Randy in their last fight - Something tells me Brock hits a tad harder :).
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:24 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:

Lets face it though.. Sylvia is a loser lol. Brock is completely different to Sylvia :) But yes I'll take a side bet if you wish? I've won side bets on here before lol ( Libs :P ) so I see this as an easy bet to keep my streak going. Brock in the 2nd. You seen how easy Chuck flattened Randy in their last fight - Something tells me Brock hits a tad harder :).

Every body has a fighters chance, and all Brock has is strength and size, in the UFC anybody can win, but I like to use the old saying......The bigger they are the harder they fall.

Now, let me think of something worth betting. :think: Any ideas?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby djaxster » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:50 pm

i really cannot see brock beating Randy as one is the expert and the other is a beginer i just think that brock is not ready for this kind of fighT.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ScottishLass » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:01 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:

Every body has a fighters chance, and all Brock has is strength and size, in the UFC anybody can win, but I like to use the old saying......The bigger they are the harder they fall.

Now, let me think of something worthing betting. :think: Any ideas?

I think GSP and da Silva disprove the theory of everybody has a fighters chance. If you are good enough you will beat anyone regardless of what they have to bring to the table. Yes Randy can bring experience, but lets not forget why he is fighting. He left the UFC when he still had 2 fights left of his contract - Dana was going to take him to court and sue him for it. He isn't fighting because he wants to fight - He's fighting so he doesnt get sued. Surely thats not a good mentality to start with? Back to the GSP and da Silva point ( I love GSP btw - I would have his babies in a second ) - They are so good that virtually no-one can beat them, no-one even stands a chance. I think what GSP and da Silva do in their weight divisions is what Brock is going to start doing in the heavyweight division. Dominate it completely. Fair enough Frank Mir ( legend ) tapped him out but that was his first fight and he was just like a crazy man .. against Keith Herring ( who took the beating well ) he was more calm and used his tools more rather than just going crazy and looked unbeatable. I still predict a beating for Randy unfortunately :(.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Libertine » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:12 pm

ScottishLass wrote: I've won side bets on here before lol ( Libs :P )

:newspaper:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:16 pm

GSP has been beat, and he will get beat again (think BJ may beat him), its just the nature of MMA. Silva on the other hand along with Fedor are two rare beings in this sport. But I do think Silva will get stopped once he moves up in weight. I don't doubt that Brock can win or even be the champ for a while, there really isn't any good fighters at the heavyweight level, just with his strength and size alone (he really has no skill yet) he can do that, Randy is a professional though, I doubt he would just walk into a fight unprepared, especially against this big yeti he's fighting. And Tim Slyvia although isn't a great fighter still has more skill than Brock does right now. But my whole point is, that in MMA anything can happen, thats why you see the belts changing hands so often, nobody is invincible.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ScottishLass » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:38 pm

ChVint22 wrote:GSP has been beat, and he will get beat again (think BJ may beat him), its just the nature of MMA. Silva on the other hand along with Fedor are two rare beings in this sport. But I do think Silva will get stopped once he moves up in weight. I don't doubt that Brock can win or even be the champ for a while, there really isn't any good fighters at the heavyweight level, just with his strength and size alone (he really has no skill yet) he can do that, Randy is a professional though, I doubt he would just walk into a fight unprepared, especially against this big yeti he's fighting. And Tim Slyvia although isn't a great fighter still has more skill than Brock does right now. But my whole point is, that in MMA anything can happen, thats why you see the belts changing hands so often, nobody is invincible.

Hes not been beat recently I mean ( in regards to GSP ) - Last person to beat him was Serra ? And thats before GSP bucked up his ideas and started wrecking people. The problem with Brock is we dont know about his skill level it could be immense or it could be rubbish.. Wasnt he like all state wrestling champion for 2 years running?

I'll let you think of a bet as it will be you having to do the forfeit muhahaha.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby niko197 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:40 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:

Now, let me think of something worthing betting. :think: Any ideas?

I think GSP and da Silva disprove the theory of everybody has a fighters chance. If you are good enough you will beat anyone regardless of what they have to bring to the table. Yes Randy can bring experience, but lets not forget why he is fighting. He left the UFC when he still had 2 fights left of his contract - Dana was going to take him to court and sue him for it. He isn't fighting because he wants to fight - He's fighting so he doesnt get sued. Surely thats not a good mentality to start with? Back to the GSP and da Silva point ( I love GSP btw - I would have his babies in a second ) - They are so good that virtually no-one can beat them, no-one even stands a chance. I think what GSP and da Silva do in their weight divisions is what Brock is going to start doing in the heavyweight division. Dominate it completely. Fair enough Frank Mir ( legend ) tapped him out but that was his first fight and he was just like a crazy man .. against Keith Herring ( who took the beating well ) he was more calm and used his tools more rather than just going crazy and looked unbeatable. I still predict a beating for Randy unfortunately :(.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

so, you follow football and UFC!?
would you marry me!? :hail:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:02 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:GSP has been beat, and he will get beat again (think BJ may beat him), its just the nature of MMA. Silva on the other hand along with Fedor are two rare beings in this sport. But I do think Silva will get stopped once he moves up in weight. I don't doubt that Brock can win or even be the champ for a while, there really isn't any good fighters at the heavyweight level, just with his strength and size alone (he really has no skill yet) he can do that, Randy is a professional though, I doubt he would just walk into a fight unprepared, especially against this big yeti he's fighting. And Tim Slyvia although isn't a great fighter still has more skill than Brock does right now. But my whole point is, that in MMA anything can happen, thats why you see the belts changing hands so often, nobody is invincible.

Hes not been beat recently I mean ( in regards to GSP ) - Last person to beat him was Serra ? And thats before GSP bucked up his ideas and started wrecking people. The problem with Brock is we dont know about his skill level it could be immense or it could be rubbish.. Wasnt he like all state wrestling champion for 2 years running?

I'll let you think of a bet as it will be you having to do the forfeit muhahaha.

How about, the loser has to buy the winner a shot of their choice, payable when I see you in London my dear. :)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ScottishLass » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:28 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:

How about, the loser has to buy the winner a shot of their choice, payable when I see you in London my dear. :)

Shots dont sit well with me anymore lol. :( Any ideas ppl?
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:58 pm

RANDY!! RANDY!!!

If it's the case that Randy is fighting under duress that'll put a different spin on things. But I reckon Lesnar's just a hulking great lump. Randy should just use his ring-craft and wait for Lesnar to blow his gasket. Hope it's a 5 rounder. If so, I see Mr Couture extending his legend.

As for Anderson da Silva, I can't wait for him to go up to 205. That'll extend him more than 185 division. There's no-one left to fight there.

Did anyone see UFC 90? Thiago Alves looks a good prospect. Alves vs GSP or BJ Penn maybe?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:03 pm

gzagee wrote:RANDY!! RANDY!!!

If it's the case that Randy is fighting under duress that'll put a different spin on things. But I reckon Lesnar's just a hulking great lump. Randy should just use his ring-craft and wait for Lesnar to blow his gasket. Hope it's a 5 rounder. If so, I see Mr Couture extending his legend.

As for Anderson da Silva, I can't wait for him to go up to 205. That'll extend him more than 185 division. There's no-one left to fight there.

Did anyone see UFC 90? Thiago Alves looks a good prospect. Alves vs GSP or BJ Penn maybe?

Missed UFC 90 but have seen Alves before. Also, I think BJ and GSP will be an immense fight, and will pay to see that one.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:22 pm

Who's Fedor?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby ScottishLass » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:28 pm

gzagee wrote:Who's Fedor?

Pride fighter.. Emelienenko or something lol crazy second name.. the only fight with him I seen was Kevin Randelman ( i think - black man with white hair and blue gloves on? ) and he got planted on his neck vertically - I thought his neck was broken then 1 minute later hes up and tears randelman a new one. Was very impressive - hes a very unassuming character that you wouldnt expect to be such a beast. Bit like chuck lidell I think - in the way that he isnt very ripped or such a huge guy then when he fights he hurts people lol.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports